Diablo® III

If you've played more than 10 hours...

01/09/2013 11:34 AMPosted by LunarSolaris
The OP is making a valid point. There is no monthy subscription to D3 (nor should there be) - and for $60... if you got more than 10-hours of play out of the game, then you're probably getting more than you do for most other non MMO games.

I'm sure the D3 development team would be happy with themselves that they managed to hold a customers interest for a couple hours a day for a week, because in this industry, that is an amazing feat.

Lets be honest here. If I owned a restaurant and only had customers that ate there once and never came back, I would be out of business.
Reply Quote
I disagree. I bought a Diablo game solely based on the expectation that it would last me at least a year or longer, just as with Diablo II. That is its selling point and point of differentiation among its competitors for me. I buy titles for reasons other than longevity, be it cutting-edge graphics, story, gameplay, or innovative game mechanics, which sadly is all absent from this title.
Reply Quote
There is no reason to complain

Most games today are over 50$ and offer about 10 hours of gameplay or less.

I've racked over 400 hours of gameplay. That's about 15 cents an hour of entertainment, you cannot find this anywhere else (ie: movies)

Look at how many hours I've played. I'll give you a hint: most of those hours were not "entertaining"...
Reply Quote
60$ + 10++ hours invested = input
enjoyment, happiness, excitement etc. = output

We complained because the output is less than the input.

OP is trolling because he's comparing "expenditure with expenditure", the book will never be balance.

I ordered a pie, and waited for 2 hours before it was served,
the waitress dropped the pie when I'm going to pay for it.
Should I pay the $10 since I've invested 2 hours in waiting?

@OP : Nice doing business with you.

Hachi Kumo:

Great Post! Funny because it's true!
Reply Quote
I don't think anyone would argue they havn't gotten their money's worth. It has more to do with the step down in quality and complexity from D2. People just had huge expectations and were massively let down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
01/10/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Ringo
This is Blizzard though. Their games last 10+ years. So if a game, that Blizzard makes, does not last 10+ years.... it is a fail. Blizzard is known for epic games. Plain and simple. Epic year lasting games. You cannot be known for epic year lasting games, and fail to deliver that.

Since we're not even a year into the game and servers are still up, and people are still playing, and patches are still coming out, lets hold off on damning the game because it's actually lasting at the moment.

The number of people playing RIGHT NOW, is a far-cry, compared to what the numbers everyone predicted it would be (1-2-3 years ago).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well, for 60.00$ I've spent about 20 - 25 hours playing. I may have went crazy and played all those hours within 5 days, but the point is, there is a good replay value to Diablo 3 as it is a one time payment, and you can technically earn money through the USD$ AH. This game practically pays for itself and it's got no monthly fee, if people find any reason to complain, well... they are just looking for a reason to !@#$%.

Edit:

Not to mention, the only reason this game isn't getting much love right now, is the player base from D2 are the only loyal fans, and I'm proud to say that within 3 days of getting the game, I managed to get my friend hooked with a Guest Pass, and convinced him to buy a full account, he's logged 22 hours in about 2 days, so obviously people like this game!
Edited by Moonlytee#1320 on 1/11/2013 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
OP is either a toddler or just simpleminded.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 11:28 AMPosted by aqso

Somewhat agree.

However, maybe..just maybe... People need to quit reading the forums and interpreting what they are reading as a negative complaint. And from that point complaining themselves about someone who is trying to intiate a discussion rather than complaining just to complain.

Some of it maybe a lot of it is being offered up to intiate a discussion about a subject they would like to see be different from it's current version. It is not so much a complaint as it is an observation of a particular component of the game in which they could see being enhance or made better.

If you are not allowed to have a discussion because a "complaint" may break out, then blizz might as well shut down this website because it's main purpose IMO is to have discussion.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 1/11/2013 5:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Unlike many of the people who bought this game after its release, i on the other-hand waited it out a few months. Buying the game on the last week of August 2012, i knew what i was getting into.

I never regretted my decision buying this game because i never allowed other people nor the launch hype to ruin my own judgement on what is good and on what isn't. :)

Here is my estimated time played last 2012 for non-mmorpg games that i've paid for:

Skyrim:
60 hours and counting

Borderlands 2:
20-30 hours

Mass Effect 3:
20-25 hours

Diablo 3:
800 hours and counting

Did i get what i paid for? Most definitely.

I have to ask the readers since when did they have a non-mmorpg game that kept them occupied for this long? Usually the games that come out nowadays are only worth a couple of hours before they're thrown in the dust bin.

Diablo 3 is awesome. I've been testing all the classes extensively and i'm still having a blast. :)

Again, I paid to get entertained. I got my money's worth since i researched for myself what i was getting into.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/11/2013 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
400 hours? I'll need more 3 years to reach that.
Reply Quote
This is sort of true but I expect Blizzard for more than that.
Reply Quote
It tells you something when the Forum is more engaging and entertaining than the $60 game you bought. Right now i'm heavily into other Diablo clone games ( which I wont name mention for reasons of tediousness) but since the people on those forums are reasonable and there is less complaining and drama I find the D3 forums much more entertaining (what with all those storms in teacups, complaining, ragequitting and relative silence of the developers).
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 05:44 AMPosted by ZRaiyne
I have to ask the readers since when did they have a non-mmorpg game that kept them occupied for this long? Usually the games that come out nowadays are only worth a couple of hours before they're thrown in the dust bin.

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Smash Bros. /Melee/Brawl
FFX
FFIV
FFVI
Diablo 2

More Recent Games
Vindictus - way over 1000, if you call this one an MMORPG i'll tell you D3 is suddenly an MMORPG.
TL2 @ 327 hours and increasing. Already surpassed my D3 hours.
Dota2 - 328 games - approx 300 hours.
Dota1 - dont' have a timing system for WC3
League of Legends(2000normal games played approx. 1750 hours)
Left 4 Dead 2 - 504 hrs
Dead Island - 207 hrs
Bejeweled 3 - 160hrs
Dark Souls 104 hours
Demon's Souls - 107 hours - trophy hunting.
800 hours huh<- does that include your AFK time? Because people at those hours don't have 24k elite kills, I've played only about 120 hours on D3 and have close to 7k elite kills so basically if I played 480 hours I'll have more elite kills than you do.
Good one sir.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/11/2013 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can't remember the last time I only spent 10hrs on a game.. Normally I at least get a couple of hundred hours out of them.

D3 on the other hand, didn't make it that for for me.
Reply Quote

I've racked over 400 hours of gameplay. That's about 15 cents an hour of entertainment, you cannot find this anywhere else (ie: movies)

Look at how many hours I've played. I'll give you a hint: most of those hours were not "entertaining"...

Whos problem is it then? If you don't enjoy the game, you should've moved on to something you enjoy.
Reply Quote
I would like to chime in, and both agree and disagree at the same time. Playing a game for a certain number of hours might make it worth the money spent on it, but spending a lot of time in a game shows a deeper investment. When a design decision that you don’t agree with is made, it would be easier to dismiss it if the game only had its monetary value for you. However, if you disagree with a change and it’s a game that you’ve sunk a lot of hours into then it can feel like worlds colliding.

Either way a complaint is feedback and it all counts. As long as people are addressing the issue and not the individuals surrounding it (i.e. players or developers) then we are happy to read it and pass it along.

I think what Blizzard needed to take away from the feedback that they got is the sentiment. If someone buys a video game for $70, they will play it even if it is absolute garbage, simply because they don't want to feel like they wasted their money. In Diablo 3's case, they will play it a significant number of hours because they will want to see if it gets any better. Moreover, you cannot trade the game back in because of the way it's tied to your Blizzard account (I know that I would have traded in my copy of D3 if I could, even for only $1 because it is completely worthless to me now.)

The important thing in this case isn't the hours spent playing, but the amount of entertainment that was had during those hours. And with D3, there was very little. The hours were spent trying to get to the good stuff, which turned out not to exist.

Compare that with a F2P game like League of Legends. There is no feeling of obligation that you have to play to make up the money you spent on the game. If you play for 15 minutes and it isn't fun, you can stop and you're happy that you're not playing anymore. If you've played for 150 hours, you played because you enjoyed the experience, not because you were trying to make the game "worth it".

So yes, D3 was a good game because it sold 7 million copies and generated $500 million in revenue for Blizzard. It was a bad game because I won't be buying any more Blizzard games after this because I don't appreciate being tied to a game I don't enjoy playing. The $70 Blizzard made off of my copy of D3 is much less than they would have made from me if D3 was actually good and I renewed my WoW sub, bought HotS and the future D3 and SC2 expansions.
Edited by Apollinarius#1974 on 1/11/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

You are buying all the wrong games then. I don't even own Gears of War, but I got over 50 hours of entertanment playing it at my friend's house.

Maybe if you're comparing D3 to badly designed single player game with a short campaign, then yes, you're only getting 10 hours of entertainment. You also got ripped off because you bought a bad game. If you're comparing D3 to an online multiplayer game with RPG elements (Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3, Borderlands 2, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, Halo 4) then Diablo 3 is somewhere between a ripoff and highway robbery.
Edited by Apollinarius#1974 on 1/11/2013 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
i was sayin the same thing but whenever i speak my mind, crap goes down so i figured and wait for someone else to one day say what ive been thinking
Reply Quote
HoN is free and I played is awayyy more than 400 hours.

But I'm happy to pay for a game like Diablo, even though it sucks nowadays.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]