Diablo® III

If you've played more than 10 hours...

My measure of a good game is 40 Hours, a great game is 100 hours.

Any game that only gives you 10 hours is complete crap. (Yes, some games might take 10 hours to play through, but they should have replay value if they are short).
Reply Quote
Terrible argument.

By your logic, nobody should complain about The Lord of the Rings trilogy because they got more viewing time compared to most movies.

When it comes to entertainment, it's about how much enjoyment you get, not how much time you spend on it.
Reply Quote
Terrible argument.

By your logic, nobody should complain about The Lord of the Rings trilogy because they got more viewing time compared to most movies.

When it comes to entertainment, it's about how much enjoyment you get, not how much time you spend on it.

That's an awful comparison.... If you continue to play a game that you are not enjoying then you are a fool. Anybody that has put a good amount of time into this game yet continue to complain about how much of a failure it is needs to be shot. You same idiots complaining now were complaining months ago...why are you still here if it's so bad? I imagine none of you played d2 when it was released because it was much worse than this game. It took over a year for d2 to start becoming the addicting game it was. Imo the lot of you are expecting the impossible and need to give this game time to !@#$ing grow.
Reply Quote
So by the op's argument, it would be ok to lockout players from playing D3 after 10 hours and charge them $50 to continue playing? I mean if you value all "playing time" equivalent no matter what game you're playing, then this is basically what would be happening.

You wouldn't complain about the extra charge, you'd just accept the fact that you can't play the game anymore because you already got your moneys worth.

This is what game companies will do when you make idiotic threads like these, giving them more reason to take advantage of the consumer.
Reply Quote
id rather play a great game for 10 hrs then an average game for 100.

Take dishonored for example, i beat both good and evil endings in approx 20 hrs but i loved every second of it. Worth my cash. Diablo 3 ive got 300+ hours but id value dishonored higher.

Time doesnt matter its all about the enjoyment of that time.

BTW, other than dishonored every game ive bought in the past 5 years ive played for over 100 hours. Not sure what kind of games your playing for only 10.....
Reply Quote
I've played 145 hours of Tribes: Ascend and 235 hours of TF2, both of which are free.

People need to stop trying to make some kind of correlation between amount of money spent and hours played. If a game isn't very enjoyable you'll never truly get your money's worth no matter how many hours you spend. It will always feel like money wasted.
Reply Quote
Take dishonored for example, i beat both good and evil endings in approx 20 hrs but i loved every second of it. Worth my cash. Diablo 3 ive got 300+ hours but id value dishonored higher.

Time doesnt matter its all about the enjoyment of that time.

BTW, other than dishonored every game ive bought in the past 5 years ive played for over 100 hours. Not sure what kind of games your playing for only 10.....
Umm... Dishonored you can finish in 10 hours. From your own example, rofl. And Dishonored is a "typical" action game these days.

But if you want a real comparison, compare D3 to other Action-RPGs. There's a few out there. I'm willing to bet more people put more time into D3 than they are a) willing to admit, and b) far more than any other ARPG. Numbers speak for themselves.

Personally, if I don't like a game, I stop playing it. I don't visit that game's forums and waste my time, and I don't talk about it.... because... wait for it... it would be something I dislike.

I'll just leave with this - For all the complainers on this forum, know that you are a small minority.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:35 AMPosted by ghostblade
considering i put a minimum of 1k hours into f2p games

Every time a free to play game comes out, you put 1000 hours into it? Tough life.

The game is fun. Not everyone likes the same kind of tea. Or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]