Diablo® III

Item Conditions Priority Lists

so you are saying once you have 12% melee reduction you are all good, having 6% more is absolutely unnessary, yes?
simple math question: 18% > 12% yes or no
Reply Quote
so you are saying once you have 12% melee reduction you are all good, having 6% more is absolutely unnessary, yes?

ER/DR/MR all have diminishing returns and are attack specific whereas VIT/RES/ARMOR mitigate all damage.

hmm, lets see what kills you in PvE. Desecrator (not melee), reflect (not melee), poison (my god the trees), and fire chains.

Whats your MR gonna do against a DH, wiz or wd come pvp hmmm?
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 1/9/2013 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

I'm saying you don't need it, you have already got mp10 in easy mode, why gear for more defense when it's unnecessary and only blocks MELEE damage. Come PVP it may be different.

You can continue along the line of attacking me if you want, it amuses me. Or you could be the better man and admit you made a mistake and move on.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/9/2013 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
actually I also wonder the Wailing Host vs Unity rings. Anyone can shed some light on it.
I have a fairly good unity that rolled CD with reasonable high average damage. What makes a Wailing host superior?

EDITED: ok wailing host can roll tri-facta, but then unity had the avg dmg+LoH which should not be overlooked with.

Dilemma dilemma :hmm:
Reply Quote
^^ Have a look at litany of the undaunted. Your crit unity doesn't outdamage it by much. I have one very similar and it's +2k dps, but not worth the loss of EHP. Needs to be an IaS litany though.

The one in my profile I doubt i'll need to upgrade again - except for the extra 20 AR i can get. Sigh.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/9/2013 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Whether or not Tal's amulet is BIS, I do think it should at least be on the list.
Reply Quote
@violentine

:( sucks that you don't like my stats.

I have a pair of IK gloves in my stash, they're good gloves. They make a monk look sexy so that = winnnn. Personally I'll take a rare over a TT and IK gloves simply because they can roll everything I want.

Why maras > tals has already been posted. Another reason why Tal's aren't that great is because the elemental damage only applies to the physical damage of the weapon. That itself limits you to weapons choices.
your mara beats mine? defensively yes. but where's the crit chance?
Reply Quote
^^ Have a look at litany of the undaunted. Your crit unity doesn't outdamage it by much. I have one very similar and it's +2k dps, but not worth the loss of EHP. Needs to be an IaS litany though.

The one in my profile I doubt i'll need to upgrade again - except for the extra 20 AR i can get. Sigh.

I agree that the litany is more superior than unity due to the fact that it can roll both offensive(CC/CD/IAS) and defensive stats (RA)

what about a hellfire that rolled quad-facta (IAS/CC/CD/avg dmg)??
Edited by yuhhaur#1278 on 1/9/2013 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

what about a hellfire that rolled quad-facta (IAS/CC/CD/avg dmg)??

Well that would be akin to winning a major jackpot in the lottery.

It would out dps but I would be very sad to lose 7% elite damage reduction and high AR.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/9/2013 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
the chance of getting a quad-facta hellfire is like getting a royal flush.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Violentine
your mara beats mine? defensively yes. but where's the crit chance?

My mara's aint all that but its was the best ammy around for my pvp setup. LOH/RA/ias/cd.

Where is the CC? Nowhere, I chose ias/cd over CC/CD because with a shield I'm at 50+CC already. If I were to equip a ammy /w 10CC/50CD, I would only gain 3-4k dps. I would also have to find all res/vit/loh roll to accompany that. None of which your Tal's can roll.

Take off your EF and equip a shield, tell me you aren't missing your attack speed. That's a loss of .3-.4 APS, not 3% ias. So ask yourself, would you rather hit faster or gain a .1% chance of landing a crit strike?

edit: put on my regular gear to pasazz you!
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 1/9/2013 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
^^ Damn man 70k hp and 213k dps...

You're making me feel like glass. at 224k and 40.5k lol.
Reply Quote
get your math correct son.
.1%? chance to crit? that's more like 10% chance crit. you are missing by 100 times.
and EF, what about it? since when did we start an argument over EF?
I will use EF, a shield with cc, as well as a ammy with CC. I rather hit 9% slower (missing ias from ammy) than having 10% less crit chance.

and... im not impressed. if i have your weapons, my dps will be much higher than you.
i spend more money on armor than weapons. my weapons are budget ones just enough for mp10 uber.
BTW, my tal rasha amulet is superior than your rare by miles.
Edited by Violentine#1122 on 1/9/2013 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
/popcorn.

You have no idea about the mechanics behind playing monk.

Clearly.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/9/2013 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
care to explain why i am wrong.
Reply Quote
Because with scrapz weapons you have 170k dps lol. Last I checked 213k dps with 70k hp > 170k dps with 50k HP.

But please - continue.

http://d3up.com/b/249547

Simulate scrapz weapons and you come out at 170k with 494k EHP.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/9/2013 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
would u guys mind moving ur discussion to another thread, im pretty sure a lot of noob monks like myself who dont have 150k dps or 500k ehp care that much about ik vs whatever
Reply Quote
I disgree with this list.
check my Tal Rasha necklace and my IK gloves

We proved you wrong

can a trifecta t&t beat a IK bifacta with 200 dex, 450-550 armor, 5-6% melee reduction and 300 life regen

Yes it can

Damage reduction has diminishing returns, IaS and vit AND res missing on your gloves.

get your math correct son.
.1%? chance to crit? that's more like 10% chance crit. you are missing by 100 times.
and EF, what about it? since when did we start an argument over EF?
I will use EF, a shield with cc, as well as a ammy with CC. I rather hit 9% slower (missing ias from ammy) than having 10% less crit chance.

You would rather hit 9% slower and have an extra 10% CC at over 50+ CC.

You have no idea.

EDIT: Well done. I'm not even wearing my proper gear. Lol.

Steelphantom this is a thread about BiS items basically... What do you want us to discuss?
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/9/2013 9:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]