Diablo® III

Item Conditions Priority Lists

The normal rules for pricing does not apply to end game monks.

That extra 2-3k dps sometimes can costs billions, because nothing else is considered an upgrade to them.

BIS is so expensive due to limited supply, no such thing as "cost efficiency" for them.
Reply Quote
Avg Dmg Litanies have the highest value for money, but arent anywhere near end game material.

Even a 200M IAS Litany would be considered a downgrade compared to my 50M rare ring, both in terms of DPS and EHP.

Your rare ring has nothing on a Litany TBPH.

Tested mp10 ubers. Pretty sure that is endgame.

A perfectly rolled one yes - but you would actually be far better off with a IaS litany than your 50m ring... Your ring has less dex, less CC, less AR...

If you have a perfextly rolled one it is better but a 164 dex, 64AR, 9 IaS, 4.5CC, 7% Elite dmg reduction litany will provide so much more mitigation.
Reply Quote
I think crafted items are now BiS for endgame across the board. May have to review the whole budget value in the future if things like Innas chest start to come down in price, too. Ignoring costs, the only reason to wear one from an "endgame" perspective is that you still really like the 3-piece and 4-piece set bonus in this new post-snapshot world.
Reply Quote
Yeah...I'm just glad most (or maybe all?) of the slots dedicated to the two most common 2pc bonuses (Inna's head + pants and Nat's ring + boots) are left untouched by crafting, at least for the moment.

But you're right, the crafting DOES hurt the value of other sets like IK, BT, and maybe even Tal Rasha's to a much lesser extent.

I'll try to get this updated asap (like this weekend). Got a lot to do though in the next couple days, so it may take a little longer so bear with me.
Reply Quote
The main point is that for Inna's chest, the 2 piece bonus is 130 Dex, which is exactly the bonus Dex you get from crafting a chest. Top-notch crafted rares are now strictly better then Inna's Chest, I think. (I'm still assuming that it's possible to get a 330 Dex, 300 Vit chest, although I haven't actually seen a crafted rare with 230+ Dex and 200+ Vit yet.)

Anyway, given the current state of the set, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Monks forgoing the Inna's set bonus, or even not wearing any items from the Inna's set at all.
Reply Quote
Only reason I'd say dropping Inna's 2pc is if you can afford a crit mempo. Otherwise you may as well still use radiance + temperance. What else would you wear for pants? BT's? But without the 2pc bonus there thats also debatable.
Reply Quote
Definitely if you could afford a CC Mempo, it's an option. Inna's helms are so cheap and widely available, I don't really see them going out of style for us lower class Monks.

I don't know if I'm alone in hating how much defense I have to give up to wear Inna's pants. If you don't feel you need a second move speed item, you're giving up more than that IAS is really worth (IMO).

I always felt that Lacunni Prowlers were a better way to get the move speed anyway because there's not as much that you're giving up on bracers. So I was thinking ultimate goal would be no Inna's. Except now crafted bracers may actually blow Prowlers out of the water, so... yeah.. I don't know.
Reply Quote
Finally got around to updating OP with a little information about where the BOA stuff falls. I'm not sure whether or not actually including them in all the lists is necessary, I guess it depends on whether anybody cares enough for me to do so.

Beyond that, I'm wondering if someone knows any or all of the max rolls for both Dex and Vit on all the slots available? I know for instance on gloves you can exceed the previous Dex cap which was 300, as well as the Vit cap which was 200.
Reply Quote
Finally got around to updating OP with a little information about where the BOA stuff falls. I'm not sure whether or not actually including them in all the lists is necessary, I guess it depends on whether anybody cares enough for me to do so.

Beyond that, I'm wondering if someone knows any or all of the max rolls for both Dex and Vit on all the slots available? I know for instance on gloves you can exceed the previous Dex cap which was 300, as well as the Vit cap which was 200.

Just kinda wandered back to this thread and saw this, and the update made to the first post. Probably should update the top of the guide with which slots are better for Dex vs Vit. Here's how I would say it pans out... Generally, assuming you have a least a small preference for Dex over Vit:

1. Chest armor should be crafted as Dex. Vit naturally rolls up to 200 for one roll on the chest, while it only rolls up to 100 for one roll for Dex. You can get a up to a 330 Dex / 300 Vit chest instead of a 200 Dex/ 330 Vit Chest. No contest.

2. Amulets, Bracers, and Shoulders all have equal max Dex and Vit rolls naturally. BiS can be considered a Dex roll on these. (You would only roll Vit if you had an actual preference for more Vit over Dex on your character in general. Maybe there's a possible PvP reason for this, but I'm assuming at least some preference for Dex over Vit here)

3. Gloves are interesting. There are arguments for both. Dex rolls up to 200 for one roll naturally and Vit rolls up to 100 for one roll naturally.

My personal preference is rolling Vit gloves because they will roll the greatest Dex+Vit on average. Max of 200 Dex + 230 Vit instead of 330 Dex + 200 Vit, assuming you also get 80 AR and perfect trifecta, but they can also roll up to 300 Dex / 330 Vit (630 total) instead of 330 Dex / 200 Vit (530 total) on less than perfect gloves.

Some people would prefer to make that trade of 130 Vit for 30 Dex, though, and also may want to keep rolling Dex gloves for a chance at their version of "perfect" gloves. Especially if they feel they already have enough Vit on their other gear, it means higher DPS gloves on average, too.

Additionally to all this... I think Lacuni Prowlers are still BiS for DPS purposes, even over BoA items. (9% IAS vs 130 Dex). But I think that on balance most people would tend to agree that BoA bracers are "better" (BiS ones probably giving about 20% more EHP for a cost of about 2% DPS, or something like that)
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 3/28/2013 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Max stat rolls by slot:

Shoulders - 200 Dexterity & 200 Vitality
Amulet ---- 350 Dexterity & 350 Vitality
Chest ----- 200 Dexterity & 300 Vitality
Gloves ---- 300 Dexterity & 200 Vitality
Bracers --- 200 Dexterity & 200 Vitality

This means that it will vary from slot to slot whether it's actually ideal to roll Dexterity or Vitality. Breaking it down by slot it would look like this:

Shoulders = whatever you need more of (dps/ehp)
Amulet ==== whatever you need more of (dps/ehp)
Chest ===== Dexterity
Gloves ==== Vitality
Bracers === whatever you need more of (dps/ehp)

The point here is that you want to roll whatever stat has the lower cap for each item slot. The reason is, that the max roll for dual stat affixes is 100/100. This is important because the initial roll you make when crafting means there can't be another roll of the same affix. What I mean by that, is that if you roll Dexterity shoulders, you CANNOT get another 170-200 Dexterity roll (affix = "of pain" Tier 16).

Reference = http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41045-spoiler-diablo-iii-item-affixes/

A perfect example of this is in the case of Monks and gloves, you want to roll Vitality because the total stats you can roll is 100 more. If you roll Dexterity, the max for both stats (Dex+Vit) become increased to 330 and 200 respectively. That's only potentially a 30 point increase over found/crafted non BOA gloves. Whereas if you make Vitality gloves, the ranges increase from 300 & 200 to 300 & 330. Potentially a 130 point increase. Also 100 points more than their Dexterity counterparts.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 3/29/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
BUMP for updated OP, and last post (edited) containing MY reasoning on the Dex vs. Vit roll choice topic for BOA items as it pertains to Monks.
Reply Quote
Also I forgot to mention, the non-class specific version of post #130 can be found here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8505340450?page=2#27

In case you too enjoy playing multiple classes :)
Reply Quote
1. Chest armor should be crafted as Dex. Vit naturally rolls up to 200 for one roll on the chest, while it only rolls up to 100 for one roll for Dex. You can get a up to a 330 Dex / 300 Vit chest instead of a 200 Dex/ 330 Vit Chest. No contest.

2. Amulets, Bracers, and Shoulders all have equal max Dex and Vit rolls naturally. BiS can be considered a Dex roll on these. (You would only roll Vit if you had an actual preference for more Vit over Dex on your character in general. Maybe there's a possible PvP reason for this, but I'm assuming at least some preference for Dex over Vit here)

3. Gloves are interesting. There are arguments for both. Dex rolls up to 200 for one roll naturally and Vit rolls up to 100 for one roll naturally.

My personal preference is rolling Vit gloves because they will roll the greatest Dex+Vit on average. Max of 200 Dex + 230 Vit instead of 330 Dex + 200 Vit, assuming you also get 80 AR and perfect trifecta, but they can also roll up to 300 Dex / 330 Vit (630 total) instead of 330 Dex / 200 Vit (530 total) on less than perfect gloves.

Some people would prefer to make that trade of 130 Vit for 30 Dex, though, and also may want to keep rolling Dex gloves for a chance at their version of "perfect" gloves. Especially if they feel they already have enough Vit on their other gear, it means higher DPS gloves on average, too.

4. Additionally to all this... I think Lacuni Prowlers are still BiS for DPS purposes, even over BoA items. (9% IAS vs 130 Dex). But I think that on balance most people would tend to agree that BoA bracers are "better" (BiS ones probably giving about 20% more EHP for a cost of about 2% DPS, or something like that)

Sorry I hadn't got around to respond till now. Anyways, here's my thoughts on what you said:

1. Yep, all the max roll info is included in post #130 now. (agree that Dex is the choice)

2. With that in mind, BiS varies from player to player based on needs imo. I don't think you can clearly state that Dex is BiS for EVERYBODY.

3. same as #1 (and also agree that Vit is the better choice here)

4. Here is where we differ...

The max roll on a "perfect" Lacuni is 100 Dex + 100 Vit, 80 AR, 6% CC.
The max roll on Dex BOA bracers is 330 Dex, 200 Vit, 80 AR, whatever.
The max roll on Vit BOA bracers is 200 Dex, 330 Vit, 80 AR, whatever.

230 Dex is DEFINITELY worth more than 9% IAS is dps wise.
100 Dex AND 230 Vit is worth more too, I would argue.

It really becomes the argument of whether 130 Dex is worth 130 Vit. BOA vs. BOA.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]