Diablo® III

Deleting threads that discuss deleting threads

Community Manager
01/09/2013 06:49 PMPosted by imbaman
Which CoC I violated? Can you please enlighten me?

I'll certainly try. :)

Here's likely what you're looking for, though: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2

Do not post about locked or deleted threads.

Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

This really isn't the proper venue for discussing things like this, so I'd encourage you to email forum@blizzard.com if you happen to have any other questions. Good luck!
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Lylirra

Here's likely what you're looking for, though: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2

Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

This really isn't the proper venue for discussing things like this, so I'd encourage you to email forum@blizzard.com if you happen to have any other questions. Good luck!

Yes this was definitely what I was looking for Lylirra. I haven,t seen this thread before so thank you for enlightening me.

And I also want to apologize from all of you CM's by posting in an aggressive and negative manner without having enough knowledge about the forum rules.
Reply Quote
Since there's a lot of blue activity here, I want to chime in...

Can the moderators please delete any and all stream advertising threads from this forum. Advertising a 3rd party non battlenet related website is clearly against the forum CoC, yet I continually see these multipage "watch my stream" advertising threads. These players and their pet viewers are shamelessly bumping the threads just to leech viewers for ad revenue. This practice is pathetic and unjust. You would be doing mankind a great service aswell. The last thing this generation needs is the delusion of making a career from streaming video games 12 hours a day. In today's world we are spammed enough through all media outlets with advertisements--can we at least keep these forums advertising free? Thanks.
Reply Quote
Are we only allowed to discuss things that are positive, or give off a good vibe around here?

Nah. You're welcome to disagree with us. You're even welcome to do so in a way that's not particularly flattering. Just don't be a jerk about it, you know?

There's a big difference between saying "I really don't like the current direction of the game and feel this one feature has been poorly implemented" (or even "wow, I think this one thing SUCKS and could be improved if you only did [X]") and "The designers are bad people who should be fired and I hate everything Diablo III stands, so eff you!"

The first two examples are perfectly fine because they promote discussion and express ideas constructively and in a (relatively) civil manner. The third doesn't meet that criteria; it's defamatory and you can't really have a good conversation about it, so it would be a candidate for a lock or an outright deletion.

I agree "The designers are bad people who should be fire and i hate everything Diablo III stands, so eff you!" threads add nothing.

There is another kind of thread that I feel is just as bad "The everything about this game is awesome, if you disagree you are a h8ter and should just quit playing DIII!". These should be deleted just as quickly they add nothing and are mostly made just to troll. Delete both if you're going to delete one.
Edited by Giggler#1164 on 1/9/2013 7:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Can the moderators please delete any and all stream advertising threads from this forum. Advertising a 3rd party non battlenet related website is clearly against the forum CoC, yet I continually see these multipage "watch my stream" advertising threads. These players and their pet viewers are shamelessly bumping the threads just to leech viewers for ad revenue. This practice is pathetic and unjust. You would be doing mankind a great service aswell. The last thing this generation needs is the delusion of making a career from streaming video games 12 hours a day. In today's world we are spammed enough through all media outlets with advertisements--can we at least keep these forums advertising free? Thanks.

Your post is extremely judgemental. I agree topics should be discussions and not advertisements but the way you judge streamers is disgusting.
Reply Quote

Your post is extremely judgemental. I agree topics should be discussions and not advertisements but the way you judge streamers is disgusting.

Since I am the owner of myself, I am entitled to my own opinion of view leeching forum bumping streamers in it for $. Im so sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities with my "disgusting" judgements of such streamers. troll elsewhere
Reply Quote
Are we only allowed to discuss things that are positive, or give off a good vibe around here?

Nah. You're welcome to disagree with us. You're even welcome to do so in a way that's not particularly flattering. Just don't be a jerk about it, you know?

There's a big difference between saying "I really don't like the current direction of the game and feel this one feature has been poorly implemented" (or even "wow, I think this one thing SUCKS and could be improved if you only did [X]") and "The designers are bad people who should be fired and I hate everything Diablo III stands, so eff you!"

The first two examples are perfectly fine because they promote discussion and express ideas constructively and in a (relatively) civil manner. The third doesn't meet that criteria; it's defamatory and you can't really have a good conversation about it, so it would be a candidate for a lock or an outright deletion.

I agree "The designers are bad people who should be fire and i hate everything Diablo III stands, so eff you!" threads add nothing.

There is another kind of thread that I feel is just as bad "The everything about this game is awesome, if you disagree you are a h8ter and should just quit playing DIII!". These should be deleted just as quickly they add nothing and are mostly made just to troll. Delete both if you're going to delete one.

LoL, the ratio of threads is like 100 overly negative : 1 overly positive.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Kadderly
The forums are also a place where you usually find complaints.
It's like saying I got 100:1 ratio of complaints to praises in a box I labelled "COMPLAINTS" for my business.

D3 forums are 100% a vocal minority. Most players don't use the forums. And those that do end up trolling on them.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Lylirra
Like Brick Tamland once said, "I don't know what we're yelling about!"

Thanks, I appreciate the Anchorman reference!
Reply Quote

Yet right on que someone created this awesome thread.

!@#$ing Crybaby %^-*!es!!! GTFO!!!!

Which has already been deleted. I see these kinds of thread all the time they aren't as common as blizzard bashing thread, but are just as bad and add nothing positive to the forums.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Most people can't find their own threads with both hands -- even though it's as simple as clicking the arrow next to your portrait and clicking the little button with the magnifying glass.

Seriously, how do most people keep track of posts? Do you bookmark your own threads, search for them, or just dig through the recent pages? There are so many times when someone thinks their thread has been deleted, and it's just their own incompetence. Unless you actually get the "This topic has been deleted" page, then you probably just aren't looking hard enough.
Reply Quote

Not really, that's something called Facebook.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
Most people can't find their own threads with both hands -- even though it's as simple as clicking the arrow next to your portrait and clicking the little button with the magnifying glass.

Seriously, how do most people keep track of posts? Do you bookmark your own threads, search for them, or just dig through the recent pages? There are so many times when someone thinks their thread has been deleted, and it's just their own incompetence. Unless you actually get the "This topic has been deleted" page, then you probably just aren't looking hard enough.

Posting history. You click threads you've posted in, and it says "this topic has been deleted".
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin

Not really, that's something called Facebook.

yolo
Reply Quote
They dont care.
Edited by JoeMaorian#2902 on 1/9/2013 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by imbaman

I don't really see how Blizzard can actually have a rule like this. It allows Blizzard to delete threads at their own discretion as opposed to the actual rules. Including a "rule" like this along side actually necessary or useful rules is a blatant loophole and yet another way of Blizzard saying "we can do or say what we want, but you cannot, it our forum, not yours!" And, while this is the truth, it is also a childish way of looking at it.

If Blizzard CMs feel a thread is getting derailed, why not save that train rather than blow up the bridge and bury the train shrapnel?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]