Diablo® III

Deleting threads that discuss deleting threads

I'm simply curious. Do moderators have a key-word search that they use to track down and delete threads? Or do they delete threads after they read the OP? Or do they actually read through threads to ensure it's worthy of deletion?

I'm well aware of the fact that none of the mods is answerable to me, or anyone else on these forums. And I'm also well aware of the fact that this thread will be locked in a few mins and I'll receive another ban.

Ah well. Too hard to even have a regular debate without instant deletion on these boards

I can't even get the moderators to send me back an email as to what happened to my previous posts. They're still linked via Google, but they've all been deleted, and not by me (unlike how the forum program reports "Deleted by XXXXXX"). Password changed.
Reply Quote
Your post was probably trolling.

Also, do keep in mind that these forums aren't governed by any sort of "freedom of speech". These forums are owned by Blizzard (just like the game, your characters, your items), and they can do whatever they please including deletion.

But hey, if you don't like it, please feel free to do one of the following:
1) Start up your own blog
2) Develop your own game
3) Make your own forums

Of course my OP wasn't serious, just got a grin out of the last thread someone posted about threads being deleted being instantly deleted.

Of course they do what they want. Just seems pointless and restricting to their customers (ok, some of them, anyway). They're under no obligation to respond, and almost certainly won't, and the thread will be deleted in a few seconds anyway.

No, no, the other guy (girl?) is right. The website name www.diablo3sucks.com is available, and would make an excellent venue for former Diablo3 players, well away from moderators or hackers who manage to delete my posts and others' on a regular basis even though I'm not attacking anyone. The last post I made before this was a reply to people making D3 "builds", and I joked about D2 builds. Why did that get deleted, under General Discussion, since it is a direct comparison to D3 builds? All my previous posts have been deleted, actually. Xoh is correct - something wrong is happening here. And I bet this post won't last, either. Or the thread will disappear....
Edited by Magister#1870 on 1/10/2013 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
..of a negative tone.

Just curious, nothing serious. Are we only allowed to discuss things that are positive, or give off a good vibe around here? Just thinking, if CMs/mods spent a little more time reading through the constructive threads and a little less time rushing around deleting anything even slightly negative, the forums would be less overloaded with resentment and a little more of a better place to share ideas.

Y'know, the point of forums and all.

Just wondering..

I agree perm bans need to be used often
Reply Quote
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/4/2015 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm really not understanding why the mods come down so hard on suggestions about firing Jay Wilson. Sure, if someone just writes a few paragraphs about how much they hate him or whatever, then deleting it makes sense, but let's be realistic:

If you're in charge of something, a product, a business, or even just a group of people trying to accomplish something, and you do a bad job, it's not exactly crazy to hear that suggestion. It may not even be your fault, but as the boss it's still your responsibility. I'm not saying there's nothing redeeming about diablo 3, obviously there is and there's still a lot of potential. But what is going on with the developers?

Seriously, I've been following this game since before release and 90% of the updates both before release and after release were devs saying "oh, we're removing this feature" or "we spent a lot of time developing this but then our testers didn't like it so we gave up on it for now".

How do you continue to disappoint time after time and yet no action is taken? My job is a lot less important (at least in terms of dollar figures) and yet if I had done 1/4th of the things the diablo dev team (which Jay is in charge of) have done since beta I would have been fired a while ago. Or at least removed from a position with such decision making power.

You have thousands of your customers on this forum constantly complaining about being disappointed by things that they feel weren't designed well, or things that were removed from the game, promises that weren't kept, and yet you continue on, making no changes other than "oh by the way that content you've been waiting for since release? we scrapped it, we'll add dueling... some time."
Reply Quote
View profile

Of course my OP wasn't serious, just got a grin out of the last thread someone posted about threads being deleted being instantly deleted.

Of course they do what they want. Just seems pointless and restricting to their customers (ok, some of them, anyway). They're under no obligation to respond, and almost certainly won't, and the thread will be deleted in a few seconds anyway.

No, no, the other guy (girl?) is right. The website name www.diablo3sucks.com is available, and would make an excellent venue for former Diablo3 players, well away from moderators or hackers who manage to delete my posts and others' on a regular basis even though I'm not attacking anyone. The last post I made before this was a reply to people making D3 "builds", and I joked about D2 builds. Why did that get deleted, under General Discussion, since it is a direct comparison to D3 builds? All my previous posts have been deleted, actually. Xoh is correct - something wrong is happening here. And I bet this post won't last, either. Or the thread will disappear....

The point you are missing, and why I don't know, is that when you post on a forum NOT OWNED by yourself, you do it with respect, or you don't post at all. Im sure your parents gave you similar reasoning as regards to how you approach others in school, especially teachers, etc. ? I'ts not different here, and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous and arrogant. The code of conduct is there for a reason, and you can be deleted just for causing ' forum discord'.

The point of all of this, is to engage in healthful discussion about D3. Forums are here to help others , not to sidetrack by insulting advertisement for , ahem, other websites, all which add ZERO to a constructive discussion.

That's not difficult to comprehend.

cu
caJAI
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 1/10/2013 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
"]Just don't be a %*%!%@## about it, you know?

LOL thanks for the laugh and sorry to be off topic.....that will be all over the internet within days and I can already hear the theory's behind it.
Edited by Buryit#2321 on 1/10/2013 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Philoi
I don't really see how Blizzard can actually have a rule like this. It allows Blizzard to delete threads at their own discretion as opposed to the actual rules
I don't see how people can't understand that these forums are owned by Blizzard. They can do whatever they please. You have no rights, no ownership, no freedom of speech. They own it, you don't.

If you want your own forums, you are free to make them. Good luck getting visitors.

01/10/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Philoi
Blizzard saying "we can do or say what we want, but you cannot, it our forum, not yours!"
Yes, this is EXACTLY what Blizzard is saying. Read your Terms of Service, End User License Agreement, or Code of Conduct. You don't pay the bills for the forums; Blizzard does. It's their house, their rules.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]