Diablo® III

Deleting threads that discuss deleting threads

wow, people are mean in this world. xD
Reply Quote
If content is going to be censored, and the opinions of the community cannot be heard. If we have a problem with this then we should leave this problem and move to another one. We the consumer have the most power, and our power comes when we vote with our feet and leave when we dont like something.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 10:14 PMPosted by nightly
If content is going to be censored, and the opinions of the community cannot be heard. If we have a problem with this then we should leave this problem and move to another one. We the consumer have the most power, and our power comes when we vote with our feet and leave when we dont like something.

Overly dramatic much? There is no mass censorship going on, just the enforcement of rules and people's disregard for them. Community can be heard just fine--so long as it is done in a civilized and constructive manner (an occurrence far too rare on these forums).
Edited by Nilrem#1603 on 1/10/2013 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
01/10/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Nilrem

Overly dramatic much? There is no mass censorship going on, just the enforcement of rules and people's disregard for them. Community can be heard just fine--so long as it is done in a civilized and constructive manner (an occurrence far too rare on these forums).

Enough. You post in support of everything Blizzard does. Of course you won't have noticed the mass amount of threads being deleted, constructive or not.

01/10/2013 10:14 PMPosted by nightly

True enough.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Xoh
Enough. You post in support of everything Blizzard does. Of course you won't have noticed the mass amount of threads being deleted, constructive or not.

Oh grow up, cut the nonsense already. You do not know how many threads I post on, or how many of which get deleted. Hell, many threads I post on (one's about bots, cheaters, etc.) where I bring up that they should not be making such post get deleted. I witness quite a lot of threads being deleted, and rightly so.

So drop the childish righteous act already.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
01/10/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Nilrem

Oh grow up, cut the nonsense already. You do not know how many threads I post on, or how many of which get deleted. Hell, many threads I post on (one's about bots, cheaters, etc.) where I bring up that they should not be making such post get deleted. I witness quite a lot of threads being deleted, and rightly so.

So drop the childish righteous act already.

So, because some threads that should be deleted are deleted, my point's invalid? Huh? Getting a bit ahead of yourself, champ.

As I said (I'll repeat for you, you don't seem particularly quick on the uptake)

"E.g threads which discuss the aspects of certain games vs D3. How is this not constructive? If a thread's outright advertising another game at D3s expense, of course it should be deleted. But I fail to see how a thread comparing attributes of DIABLO 3 should be deleted in D3s GENERAL FORUMS over a thread discussing your favorite kittens in D3's general forums."

"Often, just because threads have a few non-constructive posts, doesn't mean the entire thread must also be non-constructive."

etc

Any other random, irrelevant arguments to pose?
Reply Quote
Uhm this should have ended with

• Follow the CoC and forum guidelines
  • Lylirra is hot therefore your argument is irrelevant
  • Lylirra is also our CM therefore I shouldn't even be saying the above, but it must be known!
  • Reply Quote
    70 Tauren Paladin
    She's not really my type but yeah, she's nice to look at, can't argue with that. And is amusing.
    Reply Quote
    Good thread here. Approved!
    Reply Quote
    70 Tauren Paladin
    Nocturnal, how are you feeling about now? Fun times, right?
    Reply Quote
    70 Tauren Paladin
    Uhm this should have ended with

• Follow the CoC and forum guidelines
  • Lylirra is hot therefore your argument is irrelevant
  • Lylirra is also our CM therefore I shouldn't even be saying the above, but it must be known!

• Now the real question is if this thread will get deleted.

Just saw a good thread from someone discussing how certain aspects of other games would mesh into D3s economy and perhaps fix crafting.

It was deleted. Twice. For no reason.
    Reply Quote
    I noticed that one as well, Sal. Happens a lot.
    Reply Quote
    Noctural has been banned as the result.

The Moderator even wrote that the first deletion was due to trolls. Nocturnal reacted on this and assumed the moderater did it on purpose - not thinking that the moderator would delete posts without reading them.

Then the moderator thought the best idea was to ban Nocturnal, but Nocturnal had no other place than the thread to voice his opinion, and the alternative was that he created no thread. Nocturnal does not stop when he knows someone is doing wrong, and saw little sense in reposting without an explanation.

There is no place to complain about a bad deletion in any reasonable time frame. There is no justice in that sense, it is master rules, and when the master feels frustration is best ended by further deletion and bans, Nocturnal stops using the forums.
    Reply Quote
    Some of my replys or threads get deleted without word or cause. Just move on an don't repost. Its is what it is.
    Reply Quote
    Why does is the OP listed as Sal in the General Discussion main page?
    Is this a well known troll trolling on his alt after being banned perhaps?
    Xoh, are you Sal in poor disguise?

WoW/SC accounts show their D3 name on the main page. :)

Anyway,
    I have posted a couple of theories on some reasons for deletions, but there are others that I just can't figure out.

I have seen some threads that are talking about items/gear. Instead of redirecting the thread to the items section, it gets deleted. Threads that are class specific should get redirected to the class section, but most don't. Computer/hardware threads get redirected pretty quick. Some threads get locked with no explanation.

I have yet to see a 6+ month old necro'd thread get closed.

It seems it or miss. Somebody doesn't know how to properly moderate.

You try moderate properly with a community like this, good luck! :P
    The thing that happens is that mods set the bar really low (strict guidelines if you may say) and this also effect the people with good intentions unfortunately, but thats just the way it is. This also applies to law enforcement IRL.
    Edited by Green#2292 on 1/11/2013 10:19 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]