Diablo® III

PTR Exploit (Blues please read)

As PTR is going to come or at least strongly hinted, I have to point out the extremely BIG exploit being carried out right now.

Tons of people are massing and hoarding up tons of UNID Legendaries, buying them everyday. They are waiting for PTR to hit and copy their characters over, they will then ID the UNIDs in the PTR and identify the good ones. They will then go over to Live servers and identify the good ones and leave the bad ones unid.

They will then scam stupid people who don't know about the exploit a few weeks after PTR closes.

PLEASE fix this before releasing the PTR....thanks for your time.

If you want to help, please like the post and request sticky. Unless you want the economy to be filled with crappy unid scams or you are one of these scammers...shruggies...sorry for trying to ruin your business

Suggested Solutions

1) Unid Items are not copied over
2) All Unid items copied over are ID-ed in Live
3) Unid item properties are rerolled in PTR when copied
Edited by Thorsten#1864 on 1/12/2013 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
why? this is the risk people take to buying unids. don't buy unids. why should blizzard do anything that bypasses the ah?
Reply Quote
As PTR is going to come or at least strongly hinted, I have to point out the extremely BIG exploit being carried out right now.

Tons of people are massing and hoarding up tons of UNID Legendaries, buying them everyday. They are waiting for PTR to hit and copy their characters over, they will then ID the UNIDs in the PTR and identify the good ones and leave the bad ones unid.

They will then scam stupid people who don't know about the exploit a few weeks after PTR closes.

Interesting point. Completely overlooked it.

Kinda does make sense as to why some streamers are buying a !@#$ton of unid legendaries
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:34 AMPosted by chrisloup
why? this is the risk people take to buying unids. don't buy unids. why should blizzard do anything that bypasses the ah?

Because it is blizzard's concern to at least make scamming more difficult...=) why are you so negative...
Reply Quote
View profile
Good post. It will pretty much hurt unid legs sellers like myself. The price will plunge down like it did with the rare item exploit.
Reply Quote
haha i don't know how effective reporting it will be. I have a feeling it wouldn't be fixed easily, and they might still go ahead releasing the PTR even with the exploit. If they did, I will be extremely disappointed..
Reply Quote
It would actually seem like Blizzard can easily just force an ID as the items are imported. Let them move over, but ID them on the way, problem solved.
Reply Quote
Interesting. I do not really partake in UnID buying or selling but this seems like an issue they should look into.
Reply Quote
This is a big deal. Maybe Blizz needs to prevent the transfer of UNID items to PTR?
Reply Quote
Doesn't affect me since I don't buy or sell unid items. OP, you should offer some kind of solution to a problem instead of just "fix it". Even if the solution seems obvious.

Here's a few ideas off the top of my head. Dunno how difficult it'd be to implement though.

1) PTR only copies the character(s) and what they're wearing.
2) PTR copies only identified items.
3) Just to mess with those people, PTR copies unid but rerolls those items so they aren't the same as what's on the live servers. We all have a good laugh :)
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 1/10/2013 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
you can't transfer UNID items to PTR, simple solution.
Reply Quote
lol @ buying unidentified items
Reply Quote
Wow if this is true, then blizzard is a host for fail.
Reply Quote
Ya gen chat is full of people screaming to buy unid items now that the PTR was announced.
Reply Quote

Tons of people are massing and hoarding up tons of UNID Legendaries, buying them everyday. They are waiting for PTR to hit and copy their characters over, they will then ID the UNIDs in the PTR and identify the good ones and leave the bad ones unid.

If you want to help, please like the post and request sticky. Unless you want the economy to be filled with crappy unid scams or you are one of these scammers...shruggies...sorry for trying to ruin your business

Hey Thorsten, long time no see.... Good post men and good point. Thumbs up, sticky and free bumpy.
Reply Quote
IT shouldn't be on the player base to protect itself from exploit.

Those of you that are implying such are a detriment to the game.

Blues need to acknowledge whether this is acceptable gameplay, or not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]