Diablo® III

PTR Exploit (Blues please read)

View profile
01/10/2013 07:34 AMPosted by chrisloup
why? this is the risk people take to buying unids. don't buy unids. why should blizzard do anything that bypasses the ah?

/thread
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
01/10/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Wxmyjnsn
I guess my mind doesn't work like a scammer / expploiter. I still don't understand the problem. lol
you buy unids.

you id on ptr.

good roll --> ID on live.
bad roll--> sell as unid

get how this can be a scam ?
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Thorsten
why are you so negative...

its rather realistic than negative
Reply Quote
Has anyone thought of the funny possibility that a lot of these people buying unids. are actually buying up a bunch of the unids. from the last PTR and when it opens all the new people trying to scam are going to find out they were the ones who were scammed. I think it would be hillarious.
Reply Quote
Interesting, maybe I should stop IDing my items for now so people will buy them!
Reply Quote
Just curious...

Since you're rolling RNG when you ID an item, if you ID a UNID in PTR, would it even roll the same the second time around (non PTR)?

How could the affixes be the same IDing an item twice?
Edited by Montus#1499 on 1/10/2013 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with this. Have a bump.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Montus
Since you're rolling RNG when you ID an item, if you ID a UNID in PTR, would it even roll the same the second time around (non PTR)?
'

item properties are determined when they are dropped. the same properties are copied over to PTR when you copy a character over..
Reply Quote
For all we know, there are already exploits out there that let you view unid stats without the PTR.

This one is known for sure though and really needs to be addressed if Blizzard wants to protect that part of the economy.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Thorsten
'

item properties are determined when they are dropped. the same properties are copied over to PTR when you copy a character over..
Bummer. Not that I buy UNIDs anyway...
Reply Quote
Great... I have been waiting since this game came out for PVP and now you think this stupid exploit is means to delay its release even farther? I got an idea. You know about it so don't buy unid items. Stop crying to blizzard about petty little problems and let them release PVP. If people like you keep complaining we will never see 1.07
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Osiris
Great... I have been waiting since this game came out for PVP and now you think this stupid exploit is means to delay its release even farther? I got an idea. You know about it so don't buy unid items. Stop crying to blizzard about petty little problems and let them release PVP. If people like you keep complaining we will never see 1.07

lol at you...=)
Reply Quote
why should blue take care of this actually? or AH can make UNID transaction now?
if not, why they need to take care of something that not in official?
Reply Quote
Only read the first page:

Quickfix:
ID ALL items before transfering.

~~~ The End ~~~

Edit:
Call the identification of all the items a free gift.
Everyone loves free gifts.
Edited by Frostraven#1952 on 1/10/2013 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
why should blue take care of this actually? or AH can make UNID transaction now?
if not, why they need to take care of something that not in official?

Because being able to know what an item rolled before it is ID-ed is a big exploit in itself, duh...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]