Diablo® III

PTR Exploit (Blues please read)

Only read the first page:

Quickfix:
ID ALL items before transfering.

~~~ The End ~~~

Edit:
Call the identification of all the items a free gift.
Everyone loves free gifts.

wouldnt work. the id'd version on the transferred PTR will have the same exact stats as the non-id'd one that remained on the live server. the only (easy) fix is that unidentified items dont transfer at all.

there are claims that this has been addressed but no-one seems to be able to link a source of that info.
Reply Quote
wouldnt work. the id'd version on the transferred PTR will have the same exact stats as the non-id'd one that remained on the live server. the only (easy) fix is that unidentified items dont transfer at all.

there are claims that this has been addressed but no-one seems to be able to link a source of that info.

what he mean is that all items that are transferred are automatically id-ed on Live server
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Gunny
Wrong. It's not really gambling when the dealer has already seen all the cards. Especially if he gets a chance to write down the cards and the order they are in. Then he knows he can stack the deck and deal you a losing hand.. every.. single... time.

+1
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Blackened
Well, it sounds believable to me. But looking at the prices they are buying in (if you look at their threads), they will find it difficult to resell after PTR. I mean these are 'rich' buyers who got cash to buy. I dont think anyone is crazy enough to buy unids above these prices. I mean its not a profitable thing to do even for a scammer.

Even if reselling the unid one at same or lower price then they bought em, the profit comes from cherry picking the good one out of the pack, and selling em on AH or whatever other mean they use.

Thats fair then. That has got nothing to do with scamming. They id the best ones and sell em in AH.. I dont see any scamming involved. They gambled and earned their profit (if any) the legitimate way.
Reply Quote
This is VERY OLD news.
Also, don't buy UNID items. Fixed.

Oh, and this:
01/10/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Sÿlak
If people would simply do a little tiny bit of searching, they would know that this issue was already fixed!
Done.
Reply Quote
Wrong. It's not really gambling when the dealer has already seen all the cards. Especially if he gets a chance to write down the cards and the order they are in. Then he knows he can stack the deck and deal you a losing hand.. every.. single... time.
Excep your analogy is false.

There's also a hack out right now that will tell you the properties of an UNID item without the need for PTR.

Solution: don't buy UNID items. There's a reason why you can't list them on the AH.
Reply Quote
Oh, and this:
01/10/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Sÿlak
If people would simply do a little tiny bit of searching, they would know that this issue was already fixed!
Done.

source?
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 08:16 PMPosted by CyberGoat
There's also a hack out right now that will tell you the properties of an UNID item without the need for PTR.

Unid rares

there are currently no method to check the properties of legendaries, unless i am extremely ill-informed and you can enlighten me.

Also, your argument is invalid. It is akin to a customer pointing out that the salmon in the restaurant is spoilt and you just say, "if you know it is spoilt, don't buy it, why do you care if other idiots buy and eat it?".
Reply Quote

I'm sorry, I agree with this guy. Blizz already provided a legitimate way to trade, with no risk other than your overpaying. If you are buying unidentified legendaries, you're gambling. Gambling comes with a certain amount of risk as a consequence. If you can't deal with the consequences, don't do it.

AH cant make UNID trade, to make trade in unofficial way, u need to take risk, and official has no responsibility to take care of user which playing in unofficial way
Reply Quote

.....sometime back. Fixed. ;-)

as others have stated... source?? i believe you are thinking of a different fix they did to a similar exploit that did not require PTR.
Reply Quote
im almost positive they fixed it last time the ptr was out
Reply Quote
I may be wrong, but I think items have there stats set at time of drop. Taking them to PTR will not make a difference. If i'm missing something please explain. Thanks!
Reply Quote
bump for awareness
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 06:33 AMPosted by lowgear
I may be wrong, but I think items have there stats set at time of drop. Taking them to PTR will not make a difference. If i'm missing something please explain. Thanks!

how it work:
1. u copy your char to PTR server together with unid (u have duplicate item now in live server)
2. in PTR, u id all unid items.. see their stats (u can know unid item stats in live server by doing this).
3. if item has good stats, they keep.. if bad stats, they can sell it as unid for profit.
Edited by astijupsal#6937 on 1/11/2013 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
To those who say it has been fixed, link the source?

PTR is only for testing out new content, so ideally the only way to fix this is to disable ID items in PTR.
Reply Quote
Or we can keep bumping this thread so no one buys unids in the future lol
Reply Quote
people still buy unids? lmao
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Contra
Or we can keep bumping this thread so no one buys unids in the future lol

Actually there are some who buy them as a form of gambling, not to transfer them to PTR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]