Diablo® III

PTR Exploit (Blues please read)

and i like to sell leg/set item as unid becos their rolls always crap now..
Reply Quote
You guys didn't play the last PTR late into it I'm guessing? UNID items that were not identified in public do NOT transfer to PTR at all.
Reply Quote
1.) don't buy UNID's. People find ways to know what their stats are since day 1.

2.) Don't sell unids because you could be giving away a fortune unless you're one of the scammers.

I see no reason for blizzard to do anything if people are willing to rip themselves off by buying unids.
Reply Quote
You guys didn't play the last PTR late into it I'm guessing? UNID items that were not identified in public do NOT transfer to PTR at all.

hmmm....i only imported once.....is that true?
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 08:13 AMPosted by prizim
lol @ buying unidentified items

my thoughts exactly.
Reply Quote

is this true?
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Thorsten
Also, your argument is invalid. It is akin to a customer pointing out that the salmon in the restaurant is spoilt and you just say, "if you know it is spoilt, don't buy it, why do you care if other idiots buy and eat it?".
Yours is invalid. Because if I see spoiled salmon at a restaurant, I would report it to the health department. And said restaurant would have 0 business and close.

Same should happen with this UNID crap. Just don't buy them, problem solved. If you can't find anyone to sell UNID items to, you have no point to keeping them that way.
Reply Quote
Simple solution -- quit buying unid. Blizzard never intended for such. Anyways, Blizzard should only transfer characters and the equipment they are wearing to PTR -- nothing else.
Edited by SilverFox#1996 on 1/12/2013 6:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 06:38 AMPosted by CyberGoat
Same should happen with this UNID crap. Just don't buy them, problem solved. If you can't find anyone to sell UNID items to, you have no point to keeping them that way.

Really stupid argument, so there is no need to fix the exploit?

Who is going to be scammed and cheated? the 90% of the players who do not use the forums at all and are ill-informed. Selfish players like you are what give the community a bad reputation.
Edited by Thorsten#1864 on 1/12/2013 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Simple solution -- quit buying unid. Blizzard never intended for such.

If blizzard never intended for such, you wouldn't be able to trade items that are UNID. I actually have a better solution, items roll their affixes when ID-ed...but I doubt their coding team can get that to work.
Reply Quote
I do feel that this should be addressed somewhere.
Reply Quote
Bump.
I really miss commodity-style AH option to trade unids. ATM people do trading in a trade chat. Sometimes it's really fun even if you're not bidding.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 08:05 AMPosted by PmP
I do feel that this should be addressed somewhere.

yeah....i think so too...=)
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Thorsten
If blizzard never intended for such, you wouldn't be able to trade items that are UNID. I actually have a better solution, items roll their affixes when ID-ed...but I doubt their coding team can get that to work.
If you couldn't trade them, then people would just "trade" by dropping them.

It's clearly not intended because you can't list them on the AH. It can't be more clearer than this.

01/12/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Thorsten

Really stupid argument, so there is no need to fix the exploit?

Who is going to be scammed and cheated? the 90% of the players who do not use the forums at all and are ill-informed. Selfish players like you are what give the community a bad reputation.
There. Is. No. Exploit.
It's been fixed (the PTR version of this "exploit") long ago. Read this thread. See what other people are saying as well.

However, there is currently a hack that allows people to view the UNID item affixes. So again, stop buying UNID items. I'm not being selfish in the least. Thick-headed and dense forum posts like yours that didn't read the full topic are the ones that give this community a bad name.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:15 AMPosted by CyberGoat
It's clearly not intended because you can't list them on the AH. It can't be more clearer than this.

hell yeah! it is clearly not intended for trading to take place in d3 AT ALL, because you can't barter trade in the ah. People who buy unids are buying chances, and it is equivalent to scamming if the seller has a method of knowing the properties beforehand.

Unid trading goes a long way back since d2, while i don't do that much, doesn't mean that they shouldn't do anything about it.

Yeah some people said that it might have been fixed, but to my knowledge blues have only acknowledged previously that the exploit exists and might be fixed next ptr. If you have detailed information on how it is already fixed please share them instead of bull crapping things like don't buy unid, problem fixed because frankly that isn't much of a fix.

01/12/2013 09:15 AMPosted by CyberGoat
However, there is currently a hack that allows people to view the UNID item affixes. So again, stop buying UNID items. I'm not being selfish in the least. Thick-headed and dense forum posts like yours that didn't read the full topic are the ones that give this community a bad name.

Is there one for unid legendaries? If there isn't I am amazed on how you even wanted to quote that in...

And so, in your opinion there is no need to fix the hack that lets your view the properties of rare items? There is no need to fix this exploit as well?
Edited by Thorsten#1864 on 1/12/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have something for you.... IT'S A public TEST realm, they are not worried about your damned items they are worried about their game patch working correctly... why would you even worry about it?
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:31 AMPosted by TwOaCeS
I have something for you.... IT'S A public TEST realm, they are not worried about your damned items they are worried about their game patch working correctly... why would you even worry about it?

pardon me but i don't get this at all. why would i even worry about what?
Reply Quote
WOW, good catch man! I never thought of that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]