Diablo® III

Why EF OH + Mace in your main?

J/w'ing if this is something that I need to be looking into. Is this because of a passive or adding the APS to you main. I prefer a 1.44+ Main hand w/some LS (currently have sword or Axe).

LMK
Reply Quote
EF on mainhand will proc fear on all your hits with tornados. that is if you are ww barb.
Reply Quote
Having a mace/axe in your main gives you 10% cc. That's pretty huge for your DPS.

Having EF in your OH gives the APS bonus to both weapons so the 1.2 or 1.3 APS is actually increased by whatever the +APS modifier on your EF is.
ALso, weapons with comparable DPS and lower APS like an axe or mace compared to a sword/dagger actually have higher weapon damage. As about 95% of a WW barb's damage is made up of WW and Nado ticks and they're dictated by weapon damage rather than weapon DPS, gaving the higher damage is also preferable.

Does that make sense?
Reply Quote
As far as i know (Pretty much nothing), Maces have more damage range since they're slower than other weaps. It's possible to get similar Axes too, but i've seen more Maces than Axes with such damage range.

Since tornados uses your MH damage, you will want better damage range there. A fast OH increases the ticks per duration from your tornados.

EF OH is because of the 0.2X increasing your MH speed (Making WW MH hits more often so you can get more damage and WotB uptime.). Also, EF OH are much cheaper than a MH EF with high DPS, crit/ls and socket.

Also, MH Mace/Axe gives you CC if you get Weapon Master passive.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Megalon
EF OH is because of the 0.2X increasing your MH speed (Making WW MH hits more often so you can get more damage and WotB uptime.). Also, EF OH are much cheaper than a MH EF with high DPS, crit/ls and socket.

Exactly this. Cost of EF suitable for MH use is ridonculous. A good double tornado MH should have 650-1200 damage range as first priority, unless you get some good str/crit rolls then you can sacrifice a bit on the damage range, but I wouldn't stray too far from these numbers.

EF in the OH is all about getting the +aps mod for both weapons and whatever else you can afford. No need to pay for massive damage range.

mace MH, dagger OH is also a perfectly reasonable setup since you can hit 2.0/2.5 reasonably easily. However, fury gen is inconsistent and eventually to maximize dps you are going to want both weapons to be swing as fast as possible while still maintaining big damage range on MH. That's why EF OH is so powerful. Trying to stack more ias to get a 1.2aps mace to hit higher than 2.0 is a challenge without EF.
Reply Quote
if you mean why mace not axe, it's because mace is slower, the avg dmg is higher even if they have similar dps, higher avg dmg means higher RLTW dmg. besides the + 0.2x aps in EF can increase a bit more dmg in % in the case of mace as MH, 1.2 (mace) -> 1.45 = around 20.8% increase while 1.3 (axe) -> 1.55 = 19.2%, although the difference is only around 1.6%
Edited by MightyLuis#3976 on 1/10/2013 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
As far as i know (Pretty much nothing), Maces have more damage range since they're slower than other weaps. It's possible to get similar Axes too, but i've seen more Maces than Axes with such damage range.

Since tornados uses your MH damage, you will want better damage range there. A fast OH increases the ticks per duration from your tornados.

Also, MH Mace/Axe gives you CC if you get Weapon Master passive.

This is 100% right. Higher damage range, cheaper to get an OH EF, better passive from weapon mastery than spears (since they're 1.2 APS too).
Reply Quote
I went the cheap route and still have good fury gen and dps. EF for the stats I want for mainhand are way too expensive. I wouldn't mind getting a good cd/ls ef offhand but same thing, super expensive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]