Diablo® III

Rakkis crossing 1fps, on 670GTX

I used to lag on the bridge. I reduced my D3 sound channels from 128 to 64. No more lag on the bridge.
Reply Quote
Crossfire 2x HD 6590OCZ Vertex 4 SSDGreat internet connectionStill get horrible lag in Rakkis crossing.
Diablo 3 doesn't support Crossfire or SLI cards. It will only use one of your cards.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 09:11 PMPosted by CyberGoat
Crossfire 2x HD 6590OCZ Vertex 4 SSDGreat internet connectionStill get horrible lag in Rakkis crossing.
Diablo 3 doesn't support Crossfire or SLI cards. It will only use one of your cards.

That doesn't justify it being laggy only in one specific zone.
Reply Quote
Are you using Ambient Occlusion and if so at what setting? Check in the Nvdia Control Panel. Its a fairly hew feature and Nvdia made a big deal how it improves the appearance of shadows in D3. Its a needless FPS killer.
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 1/10/2013 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 09:11 PMPosted by CyberGoat

as fas as SLi goes i can seperate anti-aliasing onto the second GPU in my 590 as well as a host of other multi-gpu options such as rendering successive frames on each graphics processor. all via the nVidia panel and handled in the drivers from what i can determine.
Reply Quote
Thats zone is jacked up, it's fps nightmare.
Reply Quote
also having the same problem. Runnin a 690gtx
Reply Quote
gtx 660ti, runs smooth everywhere except rakkis.
Reply Quote
Might be more to do with hard drive load times than your graphics card.
Diablo tends to not load textures until you see a monster for the first time, and there's a crap ton of monsters on that bridge.

Crossfire 2x HD 6590
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Great internet connection

Still get horrible lag in Rakkis crossing.

I hear ya. I'm playing off a work station

I play with 2 GTX690s i7 and SSDs in a raid and I still get lose FPS.

Although if I just alt tab when my FPS goes down, it goes back to 60.
Reply Quote
i5 3570K
GTX 570

I lag like a mofo on Rakkis. Was starting to wonder if i needed to RMA my video card or something. Guess not.
Reply Quote
Change your sound to the lowest quality.
Reply Quote
I have a HD6660 and it stutter alittle there, especially if a Barb is running, a wizard is casting meteor.
Reply Quote
amd 1100t (6 cores) @ 4.1ghz oc'ed

crossfire 7950's

ocz flex ex 1600mhz ddr3 ram 7-6-6-24 latency

msi 790fx-gd70 motherboard

same problem. its the game engine, not your system. nothing you can do about it. the game engine is the bottleneck when these fps drops happen.

skyrim had a similar problem at release, bethesda quickly fixed it after a modder found out the cause of the skips..........look up skyboost to see whats wrong with diablo 3, same principle applies

use optimized compilers when you build your binaries blizzard. no use in having a cpu past 1998 if you arent taking advantage of the new instructions in said new processors such as mine
Edited by Raelys#1654 on 1/10/2013 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Could be your antivirus. Try adding diablo 3 executable to the exception list
Reply Quote
seems like it's a nvidia specific problem?

running 6850HD here and i play fast chars like ww barb and tr monk, rakki's is an important part of my runs so it hasn't lag a bit

first update nvidia drivers,

try going into nvidia control panel and set everything to "application set" so that d3 takes control of the card

also running on HDD or SSD?

random questions,

what soundcard?
any antivirus?
Edited by Hak#1935 on 1/10/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have i7, on board sound card, but a really good mother board that supports sli.

I tried turning on Vsync in nvida and off in game, no difference. \

However, reducing sound helped a little bit, however still stutters. Before it was impossible.
Now i get around 10 frames..

ps. i made my game really pretty with nvidia control panel, maxed everything out. Game looks really nice now. I will update my sound drivers n see if it helps
Reply Quote
so...much...lag...on....Rakkis
Reply Quote
rakkis is a curse dude
Reply Quote
I run far cry 3, bf3 all on ultra without problems...
Diablo 3 runs perfect untill i go anywhere NEAR that long bridge.. I dont get 10 fps, not 5, but 1.
It is impossible to play there..

5 Mill to who ever helps me.

Had the same, tried EVERYTHING, but have it solved now...
Too bad im on EU servers :P

I read many solutions including MSI Afterburner with Riva tools to set frame limit to 60 FPS and what not, didnt help me a bit... played along with settings and so on, and finally found it for me.

Its the sound setting.... It's on 'High' ?

Put it to Medium, not Low (Low didnt change anything for me), Medium. See if that helps.

I have no more issues @ Rakkis, steady running at 60 FPS

Btw I do also still have this Riva tuner thing installed to run the game at 60 FPS, because it just runs smoother (no tearing). If it matters.
Edited by prod#2134 on 1/11/2013 8:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
had this issue turned down sound channels to medium and now runs much better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]