Diablo® III

1.07 - MONK BUFFS

YES THIS NEEDS TO BE IN CAPS.

Monks are getting a buff. F yeah. I'm so excited!!!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/Pa...eview-1_11_2013

Bring it on!
Reply Quote
OP crafting lottery inc!
Reply Quote
OMG! Biscuits and gravy baby! ;)
Reply Quote
aaaaaaaauuuugH!!!!!!!!!! yaaaaaay!

all good stuff! a bit more pickup radius! new crafting things!! hurray!!!!!

more damage!

freeeeaking eh!!!!!
Reply Quote
Finally! Did the right choice of leveling my monk instead of bar.

Can't wait to test out in PTR.
Reply Quote
This might cause some major regret amongst those who have given up on their monk in frustration and traded their gear for their barb.

*evil grin*

This is gonna be awesome.
Reply Quote
If they dont buff tempest rush i'ma be !@#$ing pissed off. The most taxing spirit spell ever.
Reply Quote
monster power in public games!!!!! yaaaaaaay!!!!!
Reply Quote
Lots of great changes this patch, I'm glad to hear about nearly everything they're adding. Interestingly enough, the one thing I'm not particularly excited about is the Monk changes. I really hope it's more than just increased damage on spirit spenders - MoC is great solo, but it's freakin' AMAZING for group play. As a long-time DS Monk, I just don't think my skill bar is going to get changed this patch (FoT:TC, DS:Q, BF:FitL, Serenity, SW:C, MoC:Overawe), and that's just the sad truth of things.
Reply Quote
Buffs for monk coming!
Reply Quote
I like that everyone is excited. But I've been playing blizzard games long enough to know that "We think spamming a buff every 3 seconds is tedious" means they are going to remove the 3 second buff and just have it a flat 15% for 3 minutes like the base is now.

Then the buffs to skills will be buffs to worthless skills you wouldn't put in your build to begin with. Then they will say "Look how much we have improved the monk class. Yay." while we all start a thread about how much the changes suck and just want them changed back. And that thread will be deleted 12 times then finally ignored.

I won't count any chickens before they hatch.

Here's to hoping blizz doesn't !@#$ it up.
Reply Quote
I like that everyone is excited. But I've been playing blizzard games long enough to know that "We think spamming a buff every 3 seconds is tedious" means they are going to remove the 3 second buff and just have it a flat 15% for 3 minutes like the base is now.

Then the buffs to skills will be buffs to worthless skills you wouldn't put in your build to begin with. Then they will say "Look how much we have improved the monk class. Yay." while we all start a thread about how much the changes suck and just want them changed back. And that thread will be deleted 12 times then finally ignored.

well i think the idea is that the buff to damage of spirit spenders will make it more viable to keep smashing LTK or cyclone strike or something instead of everyone hitting moc all the time. this should help diversity!
Reply Quote

well i think the idea is that the buff to damage of spirit spenders will make it more viable to keep smashing LTK or cyclone strike or something instead of everyone hitting moc all the time. this should help diversity!

Ya that's great for High Ias/d/w monks that gen a lot of spirit. I myself am only at 2.19aps If I remember right and am a lot more tankish then some. The 50 spirit needed to refresh MoC is about the best I can do and still have enough spirit in reserve for Serenity or something.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not trying to be negative. I will smile and hope for the best like everyone else. : ) <-- See, all smiles. Yay Buffs!

Yay!
Edited by Narcolepsy#1563 on 1/11/2013 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't like spirit spenders because they use too much damn spirit. I always seem to spend most of my time using generators, and every so often get a Pillar of Light, I mean the damn thing uses half your spirit. Bleh. It's just not all that enjoyable for me.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
Reply Quote

Ya that's great for High Ias/d/w monks that gen a lot of spirit. I myself am only at 2.19aps If I remember right and am a lot more tankish then some. The 50 spirit needed to refresh MoC is about the best I can do and still have enough spirit in reserve for Serenity or something.

now is the time to start stacking up on reduced spirit cost items for LTK and cyclone... with some spirit regen, these almost become free spam skills...
Reply Quote
My favorite part of the patch? Dueling for science, of course. There are a few things that would be easiest to test in a controlled PvP environment. After 1.0.7 is released, we'll have that environment.

(And you probably thought Wyatt Cheng was kidding!)
Reply Quote
The only viable to use spirit spenders are stuff like APoC, or Barb into the fray, skill which can generate resource through crits.

Monks skills are limited by high spirit cost(about 1/3 to 1/2 spirit pool) or high cooldown and no way of regening it quickly, making it less viable. We have nothing comparable to stuff like HoTA or CM wiz ww/meteors. They really need to buff us up or we cant keep up.
Reply Quote
oh we know you too well Vrkhyz! you actually came to mind when i read that.

what i'm wondering about is the fights where it's impossible for either side to win.
Reply Quote
And the passive?????
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]