Diablo® III

New recipes, armour and demonic essence red?

I know it's just a patch preview and I know there's a million other things that need to be addressed first but is it possible that we can get the colour for new recipes, account-bound items, as well as the crafted armour and demonic essences in red?

Makes sense to me since demonic = red and new tier of items.
Just like legendaries have their own colour and so do set items.

Don't know about you but it just feels different and is more fun when the colours are diverse.
A nice bright or blood-coloured red should do the trick and is probably easy to code into the game ;)
Reply Quote
I believe that the Demonic Essences will be like key-drops, so they'll probably legendary. I guess the new plans will have the same colour of the old plans (rare) and the things you craft are Ilvl 63 items, so nothing new about that.

I don't oppose against new colours, but it's not needed and wouldn't make a lot of sense.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Demonic Essences will be Rare quality, as we want Legendaries to remain, well, Legendary. :)
Reply Quote
i think he means the color of the armor i.e.: will it be dyeable or will it be a fixed color, "red" as hes asked
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Santell
i think he means the color of the armor i.e.: will it be dyeable or will it be a fixed color, "red" as hes asked

No... I think he's talking about the color of the item text and icon backgrounds.

Magic = Blue
Rare = Yellow
Legendary = Brown
Set = Green

Seems pretty obvious that he's suggesting these new items be classified with red.

EDIT: For the record, I agree with Joren...
Edited by Telliks#1734 on 1/14/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

He also talks about legs and sets having their own colour, so i'm pretty sure he is talking about the colour of the name. If that IS the case then I support it... I think it would be cool to have these standing out on their own
Reply Quote

No he is saying account bound items should have a color separate from yellow rares, orange legendaries, blue magic items, etc...
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 02:10 AMPosted by Gargravarr
probably easy to code into the game ;)

I don't think anything is easy to code into this game, either by destiny or design.

It was Wyatt Cheng in his elaboration on the 1.0.7 patch on reddit that said,

01/12/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Lylirra
Unfortunately increased monster density in Act 1 and 2 in Inferno difficulty did not make patch 1.0.7

You see? Something that should be as simple as MAKING MORE MONSTERS appear isn't.

*SIGH*
Edited by brownaye#1657 on 1/14/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Demonic Essences will be Rare quality, as we want Legendaries to remain, well, Legendary. :)

Oh man, so Demonic Essences will just be yellow?

I stopped looking at rares long ago... but I guess it's better than being the legendary color as I don't want a beam of light coming up every 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Rohan

He also talks about legs and sets having their own colour, so i'm pretty sure he is talking about the colour of the name. If that IS the case then I support it... I think it would be cool to have these standing out on their own

+1 for colour diversity

All crafted items should have a seperate colour. In d2, crafted items were blood-orange, how about a lil colour for them in d3? Same goes for the plans... they blend in too much with rares :/

Currently you cant really tell if an item is crafted unless you look at someones profile, would be nice to be able to see the difference in-game...
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Telliks

No... I think he's talking about the color of the item text and icon backgrounds.

Magic = Blue
Rare = Yellow
Legendary = Brown
Set = Green

Seems pretty obvious that he's suggesting these new items be classified with red.

EDIT: For the record, I agree with Joren...

Set items only have green text. A set item will still have the background color based on the quality of the item.

Imo the Op has a interesting idea though I would say that it should work similar to the way set items work.
Reply Quote
Are brimstones used in these new BoA recipes?

Hellfire ring didn't have it, so...
Reply Quote
Thing is...
I don't even look at yellow items anymore.

In the past, we had to deal with looking for blue items, to pick up the gem recipes.

Now, why would you repeat that, and give a color to the new recipes, that myself, and surely others don't look at anymore?

I understand that you don't want a rainbow on the floor, but at least change it to anything that would show it that it's different than the others.
At least a sound...
Reply Quote
Can't ever make everyone happy, huh Blizz? =P
Good thing im color blind =D
Edited by Falrin#1548 on 1/14/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Question :: Is it only armour recipes being added? Are there going to be weapons? I'm so bored of Skorn just being outright BiS for all 2Her all the time. >_>

Also.. I def think brimstones should be req'd for all recipes. Salvageable legendaries are dropping so much now that I don't think this is prohibitive.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/14/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Estoppel

Oh man, so Demonic Essences will just be yellow?

I stopped looking at rares long ago... but I guess it's better than being the legendary color as I don't want a beam of light coming up every 10 seconds.

We like the idea of the the Legendary ground effect being reserved for Legendaries and Set items. Otherwise, we feel it would be a bit emotionally draining to see the effect but discover that instead of getting a Legendary item, you only got a crafting material. (This is actually why we chose to make it a Rare item rather than a Legendary item.) ;)
Reply Quote
Good call.
Reply Quote
Can you tell us more information about dueling? We want to know the damage of the new zone for player combat. Does someone can easily kill somebody in just one second or it will be a protracted war.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]