Diablo® III

New recipes, armour and demonic essence red?

View profile
Great reasoning behind the decision!

No more color trolling.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare
Community Manager
01/14/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Estoppel
Demonic Essences will be Rare quality, as we want Legendaries to remain, well, Legendary. :)

Oh man, so Demonic Essences will just be yellow?

I stopped looking at rares long ago... but I guess it's better than being the legendary color as I don't want a beam of light coming up every 10 seconds.

We like the idea of the the Legendary ground effect being reserved for Legendaries and Set items. Otherwise, we feel it would be a bit emotionally draining to see the effect but discover that instead of getting a Legendary item, you only got a crafting material. (This is actually why we chose to make it a Rare item rather than a Legendary item.)

You mean aside from keys, organs and staff of inventory waste items?

Have you played d3 lately?
Reply Quote
Can we have green light for sets?
Reply Quote
How about a small vertical yellow beam for crafting items just tall enough to attract the eye? While you are at it can we have a tall green beam instead for set items.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Battle

lol

Trying too hard. They don't drop nearly that often. Calm down.
Reply Quote
How often they drop is irrelevant. Great design tho to drop crafting items that look like a legendary that you have to make a mule to delete...
Reply Quote
View profile
01/14/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Vaeflare

I stopped looking at rares long ago... but I guess it's better than being the legendary color as I don't want a beam of light coming up every 10 seconds.

We like the idea of the the Legendary ground effect being reserved for Legendaries and Set items. Otherwise, we feel it would be a bit emotionally draining to see the effect but discover that instead of getting a Legendary item, you only got a crafting material. (This is actually why we chose to make it a Rare item rather than a Legendary item.) ;)

Thx for your 2 cents Vaeflare, but what I am truly getting at is it possible to have the Demonic Essences be another color rather than yellow.

Currently crafting mats such as gems and tomes have a light blue color to make them discernible from magical items, rares, and legendary/sets.

Since Demonic Essences essential are crafting mats why not just make them the same color as the other crafting mats to make them easier to see as opposed to a being another yellow.

I'm sure we can find a better color for Demonic Essences, maybe not in the first initial build of PTR but perhaps on it's 2nd or 3rd build depending on how the process goes...
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Malevo

No... I think he's talking about the color of the item text and icon backgrounds.

Magic = Blue
Rare = Yellow
Legendary = Brown
Set = Green

Seems pretty obvious that he's suggesting these new items be classified with red.

EDIT: For the record, I agree with Joren...

Set items only have green text. A set item will still have the background color based on the quality of the item.

Imo the Op has a interesting idea though I would say that it should work similar to the way set items work.

Pretty sure even Blizzard is confused about that. Look at the item guide on this site or on your profile. Any set item has a GREEN background. So the art asset exists. It's only in the game that Set items are still ORANGE (not brown guys, seriously).

I hope they fix it. It's a really minor thing, but it's sloppy. Every other item in the game has the rule that whatever the text color is, it's got the same colored background.
Reply Quote
Is there a preview of the stats of the Archon armour? Will they be a set item? The reason i ask this is most players are currently wearing sets with the bonus. If the Archon armour rolls 6 affixes of normal level 63 stats, it is extremely difficult to beat the set bonus of the current set items
Reply Quote

We like the idea of the the Legendary ground effect being reserved for Legendaries and Set items. Otherwise, we feel it would be a bit emotionally draining to see the effect but discover that instead of getting a Legendary item, you only got a crafting material. (This is actually why we chose to make it a Rare item rather than a Legendary item.) ;)

How about a new stat that automatically picks up all these new and old crappy crafting materials/gems or simply just an option in the menu. We have to click enough.
Reply Quote

Demonic essence doesn't sound yellow to me. Why not purple?
Edited by GamerLCD#1675 on 1/14/2013 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
please, no yellow, dark blue, green or brown (dark orange for u who are color blind)

i like the idea of keeping the same color as gems, tomes, etc... something to stand out of the normal loot that drops.
Reply Quote
How lazy can you people get? Its not hard to look at the name of something and then pick it up. Christ what is wrong with you people?
Reply Quote
Great reasoning behind the decision!

No more color trolling.

Yah good on that, but no more color trolling? My last 40 legendary drops that all but 1 turned into brimstone will argue that - which is only getting 1 new recipe to burn them, for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
I will be honest and say that I found the Demonic essence being a yellow named item (as in the text for the item while on the ground) was disappointing/difficult to differentiate. I was not impressed for this reason. Since Blizzard already changed many other things to be that disgusting "light blue", I was upset that the new mats didn't have a different color. Maybe make all crafting mats have the same color was my thought as well. Of course I also then stopped to think that it really doesn't matter because honestly, how many are we ever going to actually pick up/use?
Reply Quote
Why not make Demonic Essences red, when I think of demonic essence I think a part of a demon from hell and Diablo which makes me think red, I might be the only one, but that's the colour I would choose as it seems the most fitting.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We like the idea of the the Legendary ground effect being reserved for Legendaries and Set items. Otherwise, we feel it would be a bit emotionally draining to see the effect but discover that instead of getting a Legendary item, you only got a crafting material.

+1
Please keep it that way.
Reply Quote
Crazy, I was saying the same thing the first day in the PTR. They should definitely be a different color, and red would stand out and look pretty awesome to boot.
Reply Quote

lol

Trying too hard. They don't drop nearly that often. Calm down.

He has a point, but i would agree that hes trying too hard. Keys and organs deserve to be legendary. Although i will admit that the staff of herding items are ridiculously stupid, and that entire level needs a serious buff.

It is annoying that Demonic Essence blends in so well with other rares, but eventually after a week or two of playing, demonic essence will be common like tomes of secrets, and we'll be awaiting for those !@#$ty legendaries to salvage for brimstones.
Edited by darkeN#1766 on 1/21/2013 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]