Diablo® III

Monster Density.

We have Monster Power, which gives us the ability to scale up health of monsters for bonus EXP and MF/GF.. So why not add in a Monster Density selection right beside "Monster Power"?

Simply put: It will NOT increase bonus exp or MF/GF (Thats what Monster POWER is for) it will just simply multiple the density of monsters in every area, based upon the selection of Density you've selected from the drop down menu.

Right now would be Monster Density 0. All the way up to Monster Density 10, which would basically pack every area that has monsters, with even more monsters.

I know some of you are like "well that will increase the load on the game or the servers" well technically no. It would just increase the performance on YOUR computer. If your computer cannot handle the extreme density of MD10, then obviously you don't play on MD10.

For those of you who are hardcore enough and doing like 400k unbuffed DPS, you can run MP10 and MD10, increasing your loot by up to 10x, and making farming even more efficient.

/thoughts?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
How will it handle kill combos? When I kill 400 monsters in a row because I increased density, how will that be handled?
Reply Quote
This just isn't fair to the 99%, and incredibly unbalanced for the top 1%
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Solace
This just isn't fair to the 99%, and incredibly unbalanced for the top 1%


Please explain further, how is it unfair to add more choice?
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I think adding the option to increase monster density would be overkill, literally. They just need to increase it for acts 1 and 2 to be more comparable to act 3.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:30 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
How will it handle kill combos? When I kill 400 monsters in a row because I increased density, how will that be handled?


You would get a higher Massacre bonus. But you would also get a lot more loot. Which is a good thing.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Solace
This just isn't fair to the 99%, and incredibly unbalanced for the top 1%


Explain how this is "unfair"? Its the same as MP. You farm on what YOU can handle. If your character sucks and can only farm MP2 with 1-2 MD, then thats what you can farm. Its not unfair, it gives those who can wipe threw an entire level in no time, the ability to increase density, and get more kills per game which will lead to more loot per game.

Edit - Looking at your characters, now I understand why you say this is "unfair" because you don't look like you can farm any higher then maybe mp4 with MD0.
Edited by Roxus#1174 on 1/12/2013 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Roxus
How will it handle kill combos? When I kill 400 monsters in a row because I increased density, how will that be handled?


You would get a higher Massacre bonus. But you would also get a lot more loot. Which is a good thing.


But you said it wouldn't increase bonus XP? I'm confused.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:57 AMPosted by ImmortalKing


You would get a higher Massacre bonus. But you would also get a lot more loot. Which is a good thing.


But you said it wouldn't increase bonus XP? I'm confused.


I meant the bonus XP% that you get from going higher in MP. Massacre bonus isn't bonus exp %, its just bonus EXP from killing x monsters.
Reply Quote
ive seen alot of posts about adding in more critters to fight...

the problem is that it would break alot of time dynamics of the game..

you would have ever char able to stay in full buff mode IE archon wiz....

it would become boring not having to worry about time issues

i agree with what one other person said...act 1 and 2 NEED more critters added...to be comparable to act 3
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Solace
This just isn't fair to the 99%, and incredibly unbalanced for the top 1%


What "isn't fair" is that you (the 1%) get the game nerfed so often that each time it becomes less enjoyable for the remaining "99%".

If you'd learn how to itemize your characters by taking the time to play the game you wouldn't be crying about how unfair it is when someone post an idea that 99% of the community would probably support.

Worry about you own character and not everyone else's.
Reply Quote
Just add additional Elites in the game with density. Doesn't have to be crazy amounts. Just would be more fun to kill larger packs of elites...
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:13 PMPosted by ulostface
This just isn't fair to the 99%, and incredibly unbalanced for the top 1%


What "isn't fair" is that you (the 1%) get the game nerfed so often that each time it becomes less enjoyable for the remaining "99%".

If you'd learn how to itemize your characters by taking the time to play the game you wouldn't be crying about how unfair it is when someone post an idea that 99% of the community would probably support.

Worry about you own character and not everyone else's.


+1
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 11:30 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
How will it handle kill combos? When I kill 400 monsters in a row because I increased density, how will that be handled?


Simple. The total bonus experience you get from chain kills would be decreased in higher Monster Density levels. That would allow people to find their sweet spot for farming, similar to what Monster Power did (or tried to do).
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:00 PMPosted by WordMaster
How will it handle kill combos? When I kill 400 monsters in a row because I increased density, how will that be handled?


Simple. The total bonus experience you get from chain kills would be decreased in higher Monster Density levels. That would allow people to find their sweet spot for farming, similar to what Monster Power did (or tried to do).


Or it could just hit a max cap of a certain amount of XP. Like 500 kills for 50k exp bonus cap.
Reply Quote
Back to the top.
Reply Quote
+1

we need monster density, desperately need it.

I dont agree with a flat buff on monsters everywhere they spawn. I think somewhere like Keep Depths 2 is fine as it is, but they need to take that as a standard and increase density throughout the game to match it, maybe push it a little higher but not much. This means some places would get buffed a lot more than others.

There might be places outdoors where you cant push density too far because of the open, large maps could quickly OD on active enemies. There needs to be a little tool tip advising that the game may lag at higher densities just to avoid having to care about tuning it too much and thats about all it needs imo. 1 to 10 like monster power, lets have places like the crypts, halls of agony, the cathedral etc just wall to wall death like Keep Depths 2 is, that would be so fun and bring a lot to the game.

Only available in inferno obviously as it would significantly change the xp you could get from a given act, has to be selectable like monster power, not ever class and build likes density, this is just for the 75% of players who do and have been stuck in act3 forever.
Reply Quote
Sorry, that's too much work for this multi-billion dollar company.

Changing the exp or adding more monsters to Acts 1,2, and 3.5 is hard. So hard.

01/12/2013 11:30 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
How will it handle kill combos? When I kill 400 monsters in a row because I increased density, how will that be handled?


I dunno, they're stupid anyway. Get rid of them and get rid of those stupid pop-ups too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]