Diablo® III

By All That is Holy! Increase Mob Density...

in other acts. Please, I'm am starting to run Act3 in my sleep.

The "dead zones" between monsters in other acts is painful.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
A blue posted that they realize this is an issue.. it might be somehow addressed in 1.07 although the preview didn't mention it.
Reply Quote
Link to the blue post regarding monster density? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just haven't seen something blue about this issue.
Reply Quote
http://diablo.somepage.com/blue/7392649564-monster-power-xp-needs-to-scale-higher

Last post.
Reply Quote
I don't understand how this would be difficult to fix. I would think most of what is "random" is defined in database tables somewhere... map zones... spawn points... what monsters can spawn there... quantity ranges...

Can't they just up the min/max? From a design point of view this seems like one of the simpler things that can be addressed...
Reply Quote
Definitely agree here Act 3 is really getting old
Reply Quote
Badly needed, I agree.

One of my suggestions is to double (or even triple) the total mob density in the game and cut damage to 3/4 for balance. This would make things much more fun and make slaying more rewardable (more monsters = more loot).
Reply Quote
I don't understand how this would be difficult to fix. I would think most of what is "random" is defined in database tables somewhere... map zones... spawn points... what monsters can spawn there... quantity ranges...

Can't they just up the min/max? From a design point of view this seems like one of the simpler things that can be addressed...

Changing mob densities can ruin many zones. There is a certain balance when it comes to mobs especially for progression. A good way to fix it is increase enemy XP in those underpopulated areas.

They could increase the density somehow but it isn't as simple as you think.
Reply Quote
Yes! Thank you! I hope they keep the mob density where it is in act 3, but dramatically increase it in all other acts.

I remember when the decreased the mob density one patch some time ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]