Diablo® III

Rank the classes!

My brother and I are having an argument on how the classes rank in overall power. Help us end our endless argument with your opinions.

I said:

Barb>Wiz>WD>DH>Monk

He said:

Barb > DH/WD > Monk/Wiz

Add your rankings so we can put this puppy to bed!
Reply Quote
Depends on Hardcore or Softcore, but they're all pretty much the same in my book. If any one class is lower, I'd say DH.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
barb monk wiz dh wd
Reply Quote
DH > WD / WIZ > MonK/Barb.

Aoe potential is where I'm looking at for my analyse.

DH multishot is clearly the best map cleaner.

Come next with WD acid rain and multiple pets / sacrifice build.

Wiz is third because we are either beam oriented (aoe in a line) or Explosion blast/wof and stuff like that: small aoe around us.

Finaly come monk with sweeping wind and barb with whirlwind. melee aoe which is by far the worst in term of dps output.
Reply Quote

Wiz is third because we are either beam oriented (aoe in a line) or Explosion blast/wof and stuff like that: small aoe around us.

Did you really just try and pretend wizards use WOF?
Reply Quote
Barb Wiz WD Monk DH
Reply Quote
Barb>wd>wiz>monk>dh soft core....
Reply Quote
Wiz>Barb>WD>Monk>>>>>>>DH. For both group and solo.

Fro solo only Barb>WD>Wiz>Monk>>>>>>DH

For group only Wiz>Monk>Barb=WD>>>>>>>>>>DH

Buff DH please.
Reply Quote
It really depends on what exactly you're ranking them... They have many different uses. Pvp?ubers?high mp farming? high mp grouping? low mp farming? diversity?..

I'll rank them by build diversity... WD > Barb > DH > wiz > monk.

group: Wiz >> monk > WD > barb > DH

low mp farming: monk(till snapshot is fixed) > DH > WD > Barb > wiz.

high mp farming: Barb > wiz > monk > WD > DH

Solo ubers: Barb > Wiz > DH > monk > WD

Group ubers: Wiz >>>>>> Monk > WD > barb > DH.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 1/15/2013 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
DH multishot is clearly the best map cleaner

I'd question this, i have nasty barb with 120k dmg moving @ 50% movement speed with the Rumble rune...To put this into prospective, imagine you had a screen full of monsters, bam dead, I'm already ahead of the demon hunter killing the next mob.

If we are talking MP0...

Not when it's my legacy Nat DH with nearly unlimited vault and TA, and I either moving around 200%+++++(vault) or 180%+(TA), lol@ barb's consistent 180%. Plus, good lucky try to get a full screen with WW, while MS can clear them in 2 shot.

As much as I agree DH is the weakest class in higher MP, for low MP fast clear, they are not bad at all, in fact barb might be one of the weaker ones compare to Monk and DH.
Edited by Rognar#1625 on 1/15/2013 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Did you really just try and pretend wizards use WOF?

And this ladies and gentlemen is my anger filled brother. He is constantly weeping about how underpowered Wiz is as he face tanks MP10 with ease......
Reply Quote
Barb >>> Wiz > WD > Monk >>> DH

DH needs a serious buff and barbs need a serious nerf
Reply Quote
Wow, a lot of people putting DH in the back of the bus, or asking/wanting a buff! I don't need a buff, and unless the Barb-ie is top notch, they leave the open games when I'm in there because they can't build enough power if there's nothing left to kill! But gold for gold, Barbs are the best for less.

Barb>DH>WZ>Monk>WD.
Reply Quote

And this ladies and gentlemen is my anger filled brother. He is constantly weeping about how underpowered Wiz is as he face tanks MP10 with ease......

And this is my 13 year old brother who keeps telling me barbs are the worst in the game. However, no one is every going to agree on a ranking....
Reply Quote
Caustic, if you poured 50% of the gold you spent to build your DH into a Barb, your barb would have 2x more EHP and at least 2x more TDPS.

I poured 400 mil into my DH for 178k DPS & 217k EHP

190 mil into my Barb for 543k TDPS & 514k EHP

EDIT: And when my barbarian is buffed, he gets 910k TDPS and 652k EHP, not to mention that he runs at 50% increased speed which means he can grind exp & gear much faster.
Edited by BBerry#1277 on 1/15/2013 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Barb>Wiz>Monk/DH>DH
Reply Quote

And this is my 13 year old brother who keeps telling me barbs are the worst in the game. However, no one is every going to agree on a ranking....

The only thing everyone seems to be agreeing on is that Wiz isn't the worst, or 2nd worst class......
Reply Quote
Wizards are the worst. The worst I tell you! Especially those wizards running so called "Critical Mass" builds--total lolfests. Can't clear Act IV Inferno. Definitely need to be buffed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]