Diablo® III

WD atm most op class for pvp :/

huge toad slowly kills an enemy. well not that slow ;)
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 05:25 AMPosted by Projax
huge toad slowly kills an enemy. well not that slow ;)

That actually explains some ppl claims that players aren't counted as elites and therefore SoJ bonus doesn't work.
Reply Quote
lolol is this thread for real? Legacy nats dh and monk are really nice imo. Chuck has a nice cc build which annoyed me last night.

Overall i dont see balancing issues except from barb.

And lightning armor is op, just fyi. It one shots me sometime, so get over it. Mimics are also very useful.
Reply Quote
How do you deal with good monks that use dashing strike, serenity, and seven sided?
They have god mode/cc immunity longer than spirit walk, can even destroy "physical form" and dispel sw very fast. You can't run away, cast zombie wall, because they teleport over it.
Ofc spamming haunt, wos, running around these walls and obstacles helps, but if they catch you with their teleport attack, wd is kind of screwed.
I mean good, 300k dps monks, that can rip through spirit walk, on a 1m ehp wd in no time.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 1/16/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gZUieX!fec!ZaaZZY

Been using this build since i started joining dueling games. I have haunt runed for the 383% over 2s. Seems to work really nice. You can use it to snipe anyone that comes within visual range. Right now to my experience, hex+grasp+haunt+sb spam = gg in 2-3 secs
Reply Quote
played all day yesterday found a few specs i'm gonna keep under wraps until somebody else notices them. ^_^

Barbs actually have a couple good specs the biggest problem for monks & barbs is cooldowns, and after death resources. If they just gave them full fury on death and reset all our cooldowns on death everything would even out really nice otherwise once you die you are at a disadvantage (barb & monk) until your can get your resources back up which is tough to do when you don't have the spells you need to survive since they are still on cooldown from the previous attempt. Because it's just a total ffa cluster everybody is going to be killing everybody you catch people off guard etc etc.. There are a lot of spells that if they crit will 1 shot anybody. I was playing with pbey last nite and we were going back and forth killing each other every other round sometimes his WOS would kill me before I made it to him, sometimes I could one shot him with Soul Harvest Vengfull spirit (and he is on the tanky side). Othert times it's just a matter of out "dot'ing" the regen by stacking a few dots and capping it with a ranged attack. Even Snake to the face worked really well because of the stun. There were a few rounds where I just ran around using darts and could mow people down off screens. (the same can be done with DH's, and barb weapon throw)

Regen is king atm because we spend a lot of time running away, baiting and trapping.

but.. then again it may all change
Reply Quote
How do you deal with good monks that use dashing strike, serenity, and seven sided?
They have god mode/cc immunity longer than spirit walk, can even destroy "physical form" and dispel sw very fast. You can't run away, cast zombie wall, because they teleport over it.
Ofc spamming haunt, wos, running around these walls and obstacles helps, but if they catch you with their teleport attack, wd is kind of screwed.
I mean good, 300k dps monks, that can rip through spirit walk, on a 1m ehp wd in no time.

havent played PTR yet as I have like no time lately, but in theory...wouldnt umbral shock be great against body-destroying monks? when physical body is destroyed, 300% damage in 10 yard radius ?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:38 AMPosted by TRS
Leaping Spiders are the way to go, you can seat behind a wall unnoticed and create ambushes in case someone gets close.

Pyrogeist = counter
Reply Quote

havent played PTR yet as I have like no time lately, but in theory...wouldnt umbral shock be great against body-destroying monks? when physical body is destroyed, 300% damage in 10 yard radius ?

Yah that is what is making the PVP fun atm is so many of those spells that didn't work for PVE are fun to explore with in PVP.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 11:55 AMPosted by grepman

They do it under serenity/seven sided, both immune to all damage and cc.
Reply Quote
that only lasts a couple seconds and has a long cool down. PVP is so back and forth in kills depending on cool down timing.
Reply Quote
yes i have said in another thread, from testing, umbral shock is by far the most superior rune at the moment for SW. imho of course. severance can be just as useful but you arent always right next to enemy when you cast it.
Reply Quote
It doesn't matter, they do it 1x, and you die. That is the whole point, with current damage levels in pvp, it ends there. That sequence of skills at certain level of damage always kills you. Only way to prevent it, is ti bug monk running behind walls and make him unable to teleport at you, or force his cd skills with ranged abilities (force to use serenity with haunt for example otherwise monk would die).

As for umbral shock, ranged chars attack it from distance, so it is useless.
And any rune of spirit walk vs monk, other than 3s duration, means you die. There is extra one second when monk is immortal/cc immune and you take damage.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 1/16/2013 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 players is gonna flood the world with QQ tears before global warming, thats for sure!..
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 12:31 PMPosted by aerial
That sequence of skills at certain level of damage always kills you. Only way to prevent it, is ti bug monk running behind walls and make him unable to teleport at you, or force his cd skills with ranged abilities (force to use serenity with haunt for example otherwise monk would die).

thats called micro. how is this any different than backing up against a wall and lining up bears?

i personally do try to force out his little bell thingy, and then run like the wind away, and then go back and kill him with SB, Haunt, Pyro, etc.

dogs help too.

i understand its tough, but just play it out more patienty and it will work out better, trust me, i know some pretty good monks who are doing what you speak. and yes, they kill me, but i kill them more often for sure.

also, try horrify. there is only so much cc they can break. increase the duration of the cc.

i personally use frightening aspect, as i think the dmg reduction is still noticeable from it, and the cc is useful too.
Reply Quote
Horrify does nothing vs serenity/seven sided strike. Once they are on you with this buff, there is nothing you can do from that point. 100% armor works of course, but doesn't change the outcome.
They ignore dogs, teleport on character not dogs.
I played with some really good monks and it could consitently kill a wd. They didn't use any fancy heavy spirit spender skills. Just dashing strike to catch you, then thunderclap, with really high dps, and of course seven sided strike after serenity is gone.

I'm just trying to find other way to handle this, than "kill monk before he can target you with his mouse" and do his cc immunity combo.
Edited by aerial#2212 on 1/16/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
well is SW is on cooldown when hes in serenity youre prolly screwed, if not you may able to get away before they destroy the body ?

as for SSS. its been a while since I dusted off my monk, but if there are pets around you, could that help for monk to hit them instead ? like fetishes and dogs ?
Reply Quote
This is actually good point, dogs to mitigate sss.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 01:33 PMPosted by aerial
I'm just trying to find other way to handle this, than "kill monk before he can target you with his mouse" and do his cc immunity combo.

Your timing has to be good in these fights. What you want them to do is pop their CC when you want them to. In order to do this I like Haunt, or Grasp which slows them down a ton. Most people will pop their CC after getting slowed so bad and taking damage. That is your chance to eat up seconds for your Horrify and SW. Once the monk is up close you can use Locust or Hex or whatever you have as your other attacks. I love Locust as a side note.

I really haven't lost to many players. The legacy nats DH's are the worst. But haunt can follow them while they are in SS. Usually its an even duel.

Full disclosure my build is kinda tweeked. I have 8600 armor after horrify, 120k life, and 3000 life per second.
Reply Quote
How to beat a monk? Pretty straightforward method I've devised:

1. Try to kite with grasp/whatoever aoe/cc you have + haunt, keep your distance and use your range here

2. Once locked down (I have cc% gear so half a second in AC usually = perma lockdown) - bring down hp

3. Once monk pops serenity, start to run, if the monk gives chase continue to run, but make sure you aren't giving the monk too much room so they can get away and attempt to stall until serenity comes back

4. Once serenity is about to end, return to a combination of step 1 and 2 in terms of offense/defense. Even if the monk does get on you and pops SV, the monk will then have to run (if they're smart) - unless they can juke your aoe (hard to do) they are probably dead.

Rinse - Repeat. Beating a monk without SV is more 50/50, with SV from my experience the monk is at a distinct disadvantage.
Edited by PeeTrain#1896 on 1/16/2013 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]