Diablo® III

Barb PVP build. #YOLO

From experimenting to the variety of builds out there. This is the ONLY build I've seen that can allow you to consistently kill other players. Yes, even WD's and Monks.

Sadly. To pull off this build you have to be a pretty dickish person because this build requires you to...

Relog Refresh.

The only ability that allows you to actually do some damage against some of the more OP classes in PvP is WoTB: Insanity. Unfortunately, it only has 15s worth of duration on it, refreshing WoTB by relogging is possibly the only way to have it on "100% uptime".

This is the build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#acQPYU!ZYh!abZZZb

Killing spree is just there to give you more CC. Ultimately, you want to be able to do a crit on each rend, which with insanity is almost always a one shot.

Try playing around with different skills if you feel this can be improved.

Take note that with WDs. If they decide to SW their !@# outta your rend. Rend their dummy bodies to break them out of SW, use your superior MS to chase them down and rend again.

For Monks, SSS and Serenity are a pain in the $%^. Try to lure them into emptying their skillbars, then rend them down.

DH's aren't that much of an annoyance as long as they don't spam SS.

Get used to the range of wrenching smash. If they get close enough. Wrenching smash> Overpower> Rend.

Take note, Ancient spear instead of Overpower if playing against ranged classes.

Cheers.

P.S. Oh yeah, you could try Skorn with this build, but the extra 10% CC from shields helps so much. Try mixing and matching different abilities, you might find a variation that beats this one.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/16/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
No offense, but this is incredibly degenerate, not specifically the idea, but the fact that an arpg game has skills with such ridiculous long cooldowns.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 01:37 AMPosted by Lorenze
No offense, but this is incredibly degenerate, not specifically the idea, but the fact that an arpg game has skills with such ridiculous long cooldowns.

Man. :( I know WoTB is overpowered to warrant this long CD.

I think the main issue with most Barb vs Any class is that we have almost no way to break CC abilities other than a skill that cools down after 2 mins.
Reply Quote
Glad to see you found something that works. Logged out in my future pvp set after a bunch of testing, this is definitely the most reliable way to win vs any class that i've tried.

Double reflect talents, perma sprint, stun weapon throw, and -46% CC reduction.
Reply Quote
Glad to see you found something that works. Logged out in my future pvp set after a bunch of testing, this is definitely the most reliable way to win vs any class that i've tried.

Double reflect talents, perma sprint, stun weapon throw, and -46% CC reduction.

How about WDs? Can't they permanently turn you into a pig? >.>
Reply Quote
Hmmm how about stacking CC reduction to 100% , does it totally ignore all CC @100%?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:07 AMPosted by Chris
Hmmm how about stacking CC reduction to 100% , does it totally ignore all CC @100%?

Not sure how that works. :P But you're welcome to try. Tell me the results of that! :3
Reply Quote
right now, i would say that weapon throw + stun + sprint+ battle rage is the way to go here, gives u a chance to perma stun, can also experiment with passives, since u dun need that much dps in pvp
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:31 AMPosted by Zero
right now, i would say that weapon throw + stun + sprint+ battle rage is the way to go here, gives u a chance to perma stun, can also experiment with passives, since u dun need that much dps in pvp

Add me. #YOLO time.
Reply Quote
cc reduction stacks diminishingly to a max value of 75%. I found the optimal point is around 50%, or 13-14% on 5 gear pieces.
Edited by wildeyes#1888 on 1/16/2013 4:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:11 AMPosted by wildeyes
cc reduction stacks diminishingly to a max value of 75%. I found the optimal point is around 50%, or 13-14% on 5 gear pieces.

Include a 20% from Juggernaut passive.
Reply Quote
with juggernaut im at 61% cc reduction
Reply Quote
View profile
ok now im a true believer of #YOLO. nice one uberjager haha
Reply Quote
i found great success with the build in my profile, after some experimentation in 1v1 situations i win the majority of time, played against good geared dhs, monks, and wizards and beat them...haven't faced a wd yet thou

but my build is a pure wt build and my gear already has 50% cc reduction which allows me to use relentless as my 3rd passive...
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 06:01 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Man remember that DH?

"I can Smokescreen! D:<"

Nup.

#YOLO
Reply Quote
View profile
01/16/2013 06:20 AMPosted by Uberjager

Man remember that DH?

Nup.

#YOLO

then he said he's just gonna try to farm lol
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Man remember that DH?

Nup.

#YOLO

then he said he's just gonna try to farm lol

hahaha. Man more barbs need to know this build. So many of them getting wiped. Pretty sad.
Reply Quote
Excuse my ignorance, but what is refresh relog?
Reply Quote
what about rush instead of marathon and maybe veterans warning instead of op? i can tell you that if i swap all dex gems and these 2 abilities active i have 50% dodge. I have not played ptr yet so i dont know what works and what doesnt but seems like dodge is the way to go if its a big 1 shot fest.
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/16/2013 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 07:26 AMPosted by LordZeus
Excuse my ignorance, but what is refresh relog?

say you have a long cooldown like wotb. After the duel it will still be on cooldown for a while so you log out of the game you're in and rejoin to reset all cooldowns
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/16/2013 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]