Diablo® III

Things I have noticed about dueling

For the most part it is a fun experience, especially trying new and different builds until the fact that everyone ends up with the same OP builds and then it becomes boring.

Australian latency is playable, but not enjoyable.

Because of the high damage nature of attacks and especially, as a demon hunter, you need those super fast reflexes to play, you will usually end up dead by attacks you don't see, enemies off your screen or as always, dieing whilst purple.

I got stuffed over by building a high dps, mf character, and yes whilst this character was never meant to be a PVP character; the nature of the extremely low drops means that you basically can never find an upgrade unless you win the jackpot.

This is especially true when I went to build a new character, (a wizard), went to the Auction house, realised that for a good one it would cost me over $500 and I was like stuff that.

Diablo III is not pay to win, but it certainly feels that way at the moment with dueling.

I would like to be able to have multiple characters decked out in decent gear, not GG gear, but decent, but then again so does everyone else. In this way I miss Diablo II, it was realitively easy to build up new characters and have a multitude of different playable heroes.

However, due the RNG being introduced into Legendary designs, and the fact that everything relies on the trifecta | quadfecta, I am a sad Panda.

That's all. A bit disappointed but overall it was a cool experience. I don't think I will be spending too much time dueling though; as with most I talked with, it was fun but you kinda get over it within an hour.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I reckon the experience will wear out fast especially as builds and gear set ups stabilise. Need more and better drops in game since it doesn't look like the new crafting is going to change the shift towards pay to win.
Reply Quote
winge winge bloody winge
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 02:19 AMPosted by Dogmai
This is especially true when I went to build a new character, (a wizard), went to the Auction house, realised that for a good one it would cost me over $500 and I was like stuff that.

Check out Archon's 50mil Archon build pretty sick actually. And only 50mil, alot cheeper then 500 bucks mate. As for PVP I thought it was quite fun really, although Monks are a bit OP as I was killing everything in my path with the exception of those dam WD...Man they are hard to kill.
Reply Quote

Check out Archon's 50mil Archon build pretty sick actually. And only 50mil, alot cheeper then 500 bucks mate. As for PVP I thought it was quite fun really, although Monks are a bit OP as I was killing everything in my path with the exception of those dam WD...Man they are hard to kill.

When 1.0.7 hits for real Trouble, I'd like to have a crack at ya in the duelling arena - would be nice to test my PVP theoretical build. Just can't be stuffed downloading the PTR and patch, I can wait :)
Edited by darkhadouNZ#6397 on 1/16/2013 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote]
When 1.0.7 hits for real Trouble, I'd like to have a crack at ya in the duelling arena - would be nice to test my PVP theoretical build. Just can't be stuffed downloading the PTR and patch, I can wait :)

I'm going to call you out! haha ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]