Diablo® III

Stuck in a rut

Can't decide whether to try to get to 200k dps as a shield barb or lose a bit of dps for more EH.
I usually farm up to mp5 fine and run ubers 8-10 without a prob.
If i go for the dps will i need a WH belt? If not how can I get to the 200k unbuffed?
As far as more EH I can figure that out on my own. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Reply Quote
A witching hour will definitely get you over 200,000 DPS unbuffed. However you will lose alot of resist. you will lose the +70 from the belt and the +60 from the IK set bonus. You will also lose your 3% life steal. However you do use a strong shield so that should make up for these losses. I have never used a shield before so I may be way off base.

My problem was I got to 200,000 DPS and then couldn't stay alive like I wanted to on the higher MP levels. So I am trying to build up my resist and get life steal on a skorn. Life steal skorns are VERY expensive so I won't be able to afford one that matches the DPS on my current equipped skorn. I borrowed a buddy's life steal skorn over the last couple of nights and it helped me to stay alive. I lost 25,000 DPS which I hate, but you can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes...unless you have alot of money you can spend on this game.
Edited by GreyWolfSif#1556 on 1/16/2013 7:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you very much, Greywolf.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Pastafazool
Thank you very much, Greywolf.

no problem. i am not a pro...not even close. You just sound like you are having the same dilemma I am having. Add me, i need more co-op partners and I would love to see a barb with a shield do their work. I have no experience with that type of play.
Reply Quote
Will do, Grey. You can join some runs with my few ingame friends and me.
We've gotten to know each others playstyle and really hate ubering with pugs.
Expect a request.
Reply Quote
Will do, Grey. You can join some runs with my few ingame friends and me.
We've gotten to know each others playstyle and really hate ubering with pugs.
Expect a request.

cool! i look forward to it
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Pastafazool
Can't decide whether to try to get to 200k dps as a shield barb or lose a bit of dps for more EH.

Much like wolf i am no expert. However, I can say that the choice you are facing is one that many of us faced. I would really go with your gut here. The two types of playstyles you mentioned are vastly different from a gameplay perspective. Take a step back from the DPS question and ask yourself what you are having more fun with. I think in the long run going with what is more fun rather than what is more dps for you will keep you in the game longer!

Good luck, Nephalum!
Reply Quote
Thank you prisus for the input. I enjoy tanking, have since day 1.
Maybe i'll go for more EH even if I were to lose 5-10k dps. I love being the only one up tanking 2 bosses to till i can get the others resurrected. I feel like a true warrior and hero. LMAO!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]