Diablo® III

3.01 break point advice

Accidentally posted this in general...let's try again lol.

I'm trying to hit the 3.01 BP to get into MP9 or 10. I'm currently comfy doing 5/6, but after that it gets pretty sketchy as my EHP is a bit low.

I've worked through the formula, but not sure if I am doing it right.

I've done it 2 ways:

First way is using the 1.62 on my chants...3.01=1.62(x)=1.85

Meaning I need 5% more IAS which I do not have, and not sure if it is a good idea to drop my crit on chants for an IAS chants because I am only at 181%CD as it is.

The other way I did it was to take the 1.62 and add the +.22 attacks to it, but I am not sure if the .22 is already factored into the 1.62 number.

This calculation doesn't make sense because it puts me at needing 63%, which I am well over.

So I believe my first calculation is right, which puts me at a gearing dilemma. I can grab another chants force for an extra percent, and use enchantress (3% increase I believe), but that still leaves me 1% short. I have to do something about my weapon I think.

I am open to suggestions.
Reply Quote
The weapon's attack speed (1.62) already includes the +0.22 APS.

You could get a Chant's Will with IAS (and lose your socket), a pair of Ashea's Lock boots or some Inna's pants.
Edited by Mushin#2197 on 1/16/2013 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
2.73 is quite capable of rolling MP10. Most of us run 2.73 cos mitigation or DPS hit is too high at 3.

I'd beef up. Many of your items have no ar or armor when all should have it.
Reply Quote
u schould get similiar chantodo weapon with 1.65 as if u want moar IAS :) i have similiar build and items and dont have problems at mp 10 ;P farmed some elites yesterday and didnt die even once ;P just change diamond skin to crystall shell and evocation to unstable affliction or blurr teleport with safe passage or fracture is nice too :) encahntress with maximus helping sometimes too ;P
Edited by Alavien#2554 on 1/16/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Your armor/ar is too low. gotta get up to 5000/800AR range. but even then, farming will not be efficient with 110K dps.

I don't farm in mp9/mp10 even though I'm very capable. mp7/mp8 should be good enough for farming.
Reply Quote
You could also use slow time bubble for the additional push to 3.0
Reply Quote
So I'm getting that maybe I should buff up a bit rather than worry about the 3.01. I could use a dps upgrade as well. Such a balancing act.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Paraflare
So I'm getting that maybe I should buff up a bit rather than worry about the 3.01. I could use a dps upgrade as well. Such a balancing act.

yes, for ubers (which for cm wiz basically means magda/sk...the other two fights are zzz) having high mitigation at 2.73 will serve you much better than sacrificing some of that mitigation to hit 3.01.

2.73 = ubers will stutter, but will stay in place and can be easily stacked / locked down in one spot for the entire fight.

3.01 = with cold snap, 50-55cc, and very good server latency you can perma freeze ubers only if you stack them right on top of each other pretty near perfectly.

I recently went back to 3.01 (was happily at 2.73 for a long time) and while it is noticeably better for locking down quickly, it isnt necessary at all.

also, if your team has decent dps and you want higher survival, pick up crystal shell instead of shards. itll be a dps loss (altho not a huge one since ubers are only 1-2 targets mostly) for a really big mitigation gain. Also magic weapon / blood magic is pretty huge for healing if you prefer it to slow time / tele.

imo, all CM should prioritize their goals as follows:

1) reach 2.73 aps / 50 cc
2) 5k armor, 700 AR, 1k+ LoH, 35k+ hp (obviously more if possible)
3) dps (last priority)

most people will find themselves constantly bouncing between #2 and #3 constantly as gear improves, I know I still am haha.
Reply Quote
You can run MP10 with 2.0 aps. All that attack speed is mostly useless against anything other than ubers.
Reply Quote
Ok, I have my heading. It looks like Helm, Belt, and at least one ring need to be replaced. I could use an allres on the bracers too.

I guess I could drop the socket out of the BT pants as well in exchange for the armor boost.

Anything else I'm missing?
Reply Quote
Ok, I have my heading. It looks like Helm, Belt, and at least one ring need to be replaced. I could use an allres on the bracers too.

I guess I could drop the socket out of the BT pants as well in exchange for the armor boost.

Anything else I'm missing?

Good plan, you don't need Lacs for 2.73APS. Look for some nice rare bracers, (6cc, high int, armor, str, maybe vit) sometimes they can be cheap on snipe bids.

Also, if it's in your budget, upgrade to a .25APS Chant's wand. I think right now there are a lot of bargains for 9APOC/.25APS Chant's less than 1.1K DPS.

And you can upgrade your Tals chest, drop the resist all affix, yours is neglible anyways. Look for Armor and high int/vit rolled Tals, there are some steals if you snipe bids.
Reply Quote
Ok, found a mempo like mine with 800 some armor and 3 more all res for 30m. Having a very difficult time finding other gear though...almost like there is a shortage right now or something.
Reply Quote
I thought the breakpoint was 3.0, am I mistaken?
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 01:44 PMPosted by krag
I thought the breakpoint was 3.0, am I mistaken?
\

3.0001 to be exact.
Reply Quote
Unless your using a +IAS wand I wouldn't advise 3.0 with a socket wand just because there are so many sacrifices that need to be juggled around to make it work.

And thats even if you had the capital to start it from the beginning.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]