Diablo® III

Are Vile wards good for DH

Just found these best item i have found not sure what they are worth though.

261 dex
42 VIT
73AR
256 +armor
244 regen
20% MF
Reply Quote
50-75m I'd say

edit: I'd try 100m with that high MF
Edited by Veritech#1882 on 1/16/2013 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
50-75m I'd say

It's worth more than that, I'll go for 200m-300m range.
Reply Quote
Nice find!
Reply Quote
i'd say that you will def have a little pocket change jingling around once u sell them :)

great find!
Reply Quote
50-75m I'd say

It's worth more than that, I'll go for 200m-300m range.

That's a little high imo. The MF is nice, but the vit roll is low.

It's probably worth trying to sell them for 200M, but I'd be surprised if you get more than 150M.
Reply Quote
Mine is similar, 254Dex/76Vit/12MF. Higher Vit/AR and lower MF. Got it for 77M, yours might worth more if said person value MF.
Reply Quote
Wow prices are going crazy these days it seems!
Reply Quote
try to sell it quick, the sooner the better

I'd imagine with the EXP boost in 1.0.7, more people might be higher paragon --> less need for MF, especially on higher-end gear
Reply Quote
try to sell it quick, the sooner the better

I'd imagine with the EXP boost in 1.0.7, more people might be higher paragon --> less need for MF, especially on higher-end gear

I suspect also that the ability to craft high-dex Archon Spaulders will make the price of Vile Wards come down. As people start getting good Archon shoulders, more Vile Wards will come into the market and prices will drop.

Four Rare recipes have been added to the Blacksmith: Archon Spaulders (Shoulders), Archon Gauntlets (Gloves), Archon Armor (Chest Armor), Razorspikes (Bracers)

• Each crafted item will have the following characteristics:

• iLevel 63
    • 6 Affixes
    • Account-bound
    • Similar to the Hellfire Ring, it will have four variants, each guaranteeing a fixed core stat which will have the highest range available in the game

• Crafting the item will require 1 Demonic Essence (other reagent costs will vary per recipe)
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 1/17/2013 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I crafted about 10 chests last night (dex ones of course)

I also crafted 20 amulets (Dex ones)

All were cr@p. Vit on some of the chests were nice but virtually hard to compete with set bonuses like extra +130 dex or 7% CC.

for most .... will be mostly in the gloves/amulet crafting that will potentially provide results you may use.

I think VW will way outperform other crafted shoulders.

with the armor and great AR on VW you gonna have to really roll an exceptional rare I think to beat 'em.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 1/17/2013 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think VW will way outperform other crafted shoulders.

with the armor and great AR on VW you gonna have to really roll an exceptional rare I think to beat 'em.

Yes, but people will start to roll exceptional Archon shoulders that rival the Vile Wards. There are a lot of great rare shoulders out there with as high EHP (without dodge) as Vile Wards. A Vile Ward with average armor and All Res would need about 165 vit to match the EHP of my rare shoulders (without dodge). What makes the Vile Wards exceptional is the higher dex for higher DPS and EHP (with dodge).

I'm sure you rolled a lot of hellfires before you got yours. But eventually you did get a good one. ;)

Just out of curiosity, what was the crafting cost in gold for an Archon item besides the Demonic Essence? With the prices of good Vile Wards such as they are, people may turn to crafting rather than even shop for a Vile Ward. That alone will cause prices to come down as there will be fewer buyers.
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 1/17/2013 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
how much are u after?
i can offer 100m.

ill be on at 5pm pct
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure it's still going to be pretty uncommon for a rare to beat out a good vile ward, and depending on how you value DPS vs EHP, the best rare still won't beat out the best VW.

The materials are 10 tomes, 1 demonic essence, 50,000 gold which isn't too bad, but I'd still rather try for a good glove and amulet first.

Here is a good read on the the PTR crafting if you missed it (easy to do with the volume of that board):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593402310
Reply Quote
191 dex and 86 vit goes for 8 mil. 261 dex is a good role
Reply Quote
1.0.7 crafting probably had little impact to legendary prices.
It takes at least 300 crafts to get one better than a low VW. To outperform the one posted by OP I'd say at least 10k crafts.
Reply Quote
I think the items that people will try crafting are definitely the non set items. Chest is quite useless to us due to good chest sets. I can only see amulet and gloves being the ones worth taking a gamble. It is also very tough to beat a decent vile wards as they seem to be lots of decent ones in the AH
Reply Quote
A well rolled VW is pretty much BiS, just about for any class.....except the Barb. Barb archon shoulders can roll extremely well and have over 100+ vit (w/ life % and Res) along with over 200+ Str.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]