^
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
Crafting is fine...
Reply Quote
in before the lock.
Reply Quote
One word (or I guess it could be two): GOLDSINK

I agree that crafting costs should be reduced, like cut in half. They should not be removed however, since we need some kind of gold sink in this game.
Reply Quote
The real reason crafting will always have a gold cost is not as a gold sink.

Blizzard will not introduce any feature into the game that threatens the viability of the Auction House.

By making the crafting system, say, even a quarter as efficient as using the AH to obtain gear would put a massive dent in the transactions occuring on the AH.

It's about efficiency. Crafting needs to be frustrating enough that you eventually throw your hands in the air, say *(%* it, and go back to the AH, the only true way to progress.
Reply Quote
Dejim, if they were "crafty" about it, they could make lots of money off of the crafting mats market if/when they make crafting viable.
Reply Quote
drop cost completely, increase reagents requirements to craft, similar to the Horadric Cube recipes in DII
Edited by FortySixAnd2#1894 on 1/17/2013 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think crafting is about right costwise. But I'd say drop the books. It's not like you can NOT have enough, I have like 160 tomes sitting in my chest doing nothing. All requiring them does is make you eat a slot of inventory space, and curse when you realize you walked over to Shen without grabbing them.

If crafting was cheaper, then everyone would have the best gems immediately and there'd be no element of progress. I would like to see more types though.
Reply Quote
ahahahaaaa.
Reply Quote
Cold costs on gems are fine, but crafting weapons/armor is currently broken. I'm doing a no-AH run with a barb, and after spending several hundred thousand gold plus tons of crafting mats on trying to upgrade my terrible helm (68 vit, 21 lightning resistance, 27 all resists, socket. Level 55 item) I didn't get a single improvement.

Meanwhile you can spend 10k gold on the AH and get an item that would take tens of millions or possibly hundreds of millions of gold to craft. Crafting needs to be revamped.
Reply Quote
Coudnt agree more!
Reply Quote
gold sinks do not ruin the viability of the ah if you have no gold sink and an infinite source of gold the market will tank and gold would lower in value at a steady rate until it was worth almost nothing. With gold sinks the market can stabilize at a certain rate which depends on how much is entering the market and how much is leaving the market. I suggest they increase the other gold sinks such as repair costs so the the market will stabilize at a higher rate. Then people may be able to make real money on this game again.
Reply Quote
the gold cost to craft the high end gems simply isn't worth it, at each lvl of upgraded gems, only increase stats like strength by 4. Either lower the cost of crafting or increase the benefits of high end gems. the harder the work the greater the reward!
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Jujugotoday
I suggest they increase the other gold sinks such as repair costs so the the market will stabilize at a higher rate.

Oh my god, this so much. I constantly hear people complain about a 50k repair bill; they don't seem to realize they've picked up 1mil in straight gold and probably over 2mil in gear drops by the time their gear is that damage. Crafting costs need to be doubled, at least.

And if you die so much that you're not making back your repair cost; drop MP, lord.
Reply Quote
crafting can be so addicting.... but its gold cost a bit high than it should be in my opinion
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 06:59 PMPosted by darkthrone
PLZ! THIS WOULD FIX CRAFTING FOREVER.

This.
I COULD spend 20-100k gold on TRYING for a decent yellow, of buy one off the AH for less than 10k. Or spend less than 100k and get a decent, but less than perfect, legendary.
Reply Quote
Why not remove the gold cost if you have the necessary white item? Solve 2 problems at once; white items are now somewhat useful and you can save some gold if you've got them to craft.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]