Diablo® III

Two ideas to withdraw some cash from the game

Hi there.
It's not a secret, that there are already tons of gold in the game. Due to honest nerds and unhonest botters, obviously.

So, here is couple of ideas how to withdraw some cash from the game.

1. NPC selling special potions with "Shrine effect"
- Enlightened Potion
- Fortune Potion
- Frenzied Potion
- Protection Potion
- Empowered Potion
- Fleeting Potion

Cost: 100-150k per one potion.
Duration: The same as real Shrine.
I really believe that there are a lot of players who would buy such stuff. Personally I would gladly grind paragon levels using constantly 3-4 of these potions. Should withdraw a lot of cash from overheated game economy.

2. Implement a special Artisan (maybe Karina from ACT I?) for very intersing service:

1. You bring Artisan a certain ammount of different Dyes (that, we all know that, can be only bought from the NPC - so, additional cash withdrawal)
2. You pay Artisan a certain ammount of cash.
3. Artisan makes a one piece of your weapon/armor look like ANY item in the game of the same class. I think it's not that hard to write such a simple script, is it?
4. And for additional payment and materials Artisan can dye that "layer" on your equipment the colour you want.

I believe, that there are hundreds of players who want to customize the appearence of their characters. And ready to pay money for that.

That's all for now :)

ps: playing on EU.
Edited by Privaron#2545 on 1/5/2013 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
make a limit on those potions (like not more then 1 or 2 in your stash) and maybe 1 million gold per potion and it MIGHT be a good idea!
Reply Quote
Almost no one would buy it for 1kk, I'm positive 'bout that.
What's wrong with having as much potions as you can afford?
It's 2 minutes afterall - not an overpower, but a nice burst for a decent price.

Gold just need to be withdrawed from the game, untill it's too late.
Reply Quote
I really love the potion shrine idea! Great Job :)
Reply Quote
Great post. Bad title.
Reply Quote
1. Do you really think there would be so many players that would spend 3-4.5 mil / hour just for one of these pots? To unkeep 4 pots, you need 12-18 mil per hour :)
The idea is fine (the game really needs not just these, but many more pots!), but the price needs to be adjusted.

2. It's not so easy change, since it requires a lot of changes in ALL layers of the game.
Reply Quote
Sigh...forum ate my post when I tried to preview it. Guess it needed a TL:DR.

Decent idea, but the economy needs something much more drastic than some expensive pots to buy.
Reply Quote
Shut up and take my money!
Reply Quote
i just need to vanish my vile wards.

Anything else is secondary/.
Reply Quote
I like your first idea. But overall, the base concept should have been in D3 since day 1. We need more player services which makes it attractive for us to use our in-game currency.
Reply Quote
To what end are you looking for a way to remove gold from the economy? In what way do you anticipate this kind of change affecting the game?
Reply Quote
lol.... potions that are basicly shrines where you can stack up on them and use them 24/7.... no thank you on this.
Reply Quote
I'd gladly throw 300k/hr at some fleeting pots. God I love those things.
Reply Quote
For a $100 I'll just play the game for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]