Diablo® III

Do you still use the Windforce Bow ?

I see some on here, but was wondering if players still use the bow. I use my Manti (255k dps) when running MP 6 and above.
Reply Quote
I run MP8&9 with my Windforce.

I also have a high end Manti and very solid Calamity.

It really doesnt matter actually when it comes to doing mp runs as long as your gear/build works well with the weapon you have chosen.

I think they did a decent job balancing out the DH weapons.
Reply Quote
yep, a big fan of Windforce right here.
Reply Quote
Never really used WF.
Reply Quote

say that to the ilvl63 danetta's revenge

a) 959 loh itemization == 100% crit damage
b) 1116 top end dps vs calamity 1400

and the ilvl 63 nats slayer

a) 1% crit chance == 100% crit damage%
b) and the 850 top end dps (cold snare is overwritten by 75% of your skills) vs 1400 cal
^ that is just horrible

simply poor end-game play testing on them

revenge I can "almost" excuse, if the set bonus was actually interesting
the nats slayer is a coat-hanger abortion; that thing needs intrinsic set bonuses uniquely placed on it that unlock.. like +50min +50max, cd% and maybe better crit%
Edited by zoid#1554 on 1/5/2013 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote

It really doesnt matter actually when it comes to doing mp runs as long as your gear/build works well with the weapon you have chosen.

just wondering how does your dps do mp8&9 efficiently, i dont see it
Reply Quote
I use both my Windy and Manticore depending on what's pissing me off at the moment. !@#$ i just cannot get away from (fast affix fast elite mobs) eat thunderballs + windy to the face.

Or i might just gloom tank em with Manticore if they aren't sporting retarded affixes to boot.
Reply Quote

can you? i dun see how ur ehp will let you do it efficiently too.

he is using bait the trap which gives him 66.5cc further boosting his dps along with his turrets dpsing away..

So yes.. i am pretty sure he can do mp8 or 9 rather efficiently
Reply Quote
Seems like many of the folks using Windforces have gear that would give them enough DPS to basically give up 30K in DPS.

At my level (165K DPS) using a Windforce seems to really hurt (losing CD and Dex in the process). I can get a Calamity which is close to my Manti but the price would be enough to dramatically upgrade the rest of my gear.

Manti's just seem a very very cost effective way to get into the 160+ DPS range for people who are not in the 500M - 1B gear range.
Reply Quote
Riley is right. manti is a cheaper way to get the paper dps.

U know ubber is more about ehp then paper dps right? i solo-ed mp10 around 1month back with lower dps then i have now, roughly ard 135k, with my wf...... if u can dumb tank the ubber without moving much and shoot, you can clear mp10 with 130+ dps, there was this guy with his vid clearing with 130k dps...
Reply Quote
On this note, Quos, could you look at my Profile.

I have about 100M to spend. I was planning to do the following

1 - Buy a Witching Hour (35M)
2 - Switch to a Inna Vast Expanse (I have a 130 dex/100 vit/ 10% Life) in my stash
3 - Get a Nats Ref with CD (25M)
4 - Switch to Vile Ward with higher %Life and Dex (30M)

Looking at your post though I was thinking going with a more EHP approach might be the way to go. Any thoughts/advice?
Reply Quote
@ Quos

I really don't think you can say - Manti is a cheaper way to go. I started out with this bow. I gave it up for awhile because everyone was telling me , I had to have a soc in the bow and at least 350 cd to get past 150k dps. So I gave up for awhile and went with the Manti. I do 255k with it.

But as you can see, my profile shows that I only have 200 cd while using the WF and 195k dps. Now if I wanted to, I could add 100 cd and be well over 250k dps. But I just use this bow just for fun and making runs on lower MP lvl's 1 -5.

So it didn't cost me anything extra to get this bow up to where it is now. I spent the gold around the Manti.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/5/2013 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
what he means is u can get a manti that will out dps a wf with the same amount of gold
Reply Quote
On this note, Quos, could you look at my Profile.

I have about 100M to spend. I was planning to do the following

1 - Buy a Witching Hour (35M)
2 - Switch to a Inna Vast Expanse (I have a 130 dex/100 vit/ 10% Life) in my stash
3 - Get a Nats Ref with CD (25M)
4 - Switch to Vile Ward with higher %Life and Dex (30M)

Looking at your post though I was thinking going with a more EHP approach might be the way to go. Any thoughts/advice?

seem like you were afk-ing in game.

Depend on what you are looking at, your ehp looks pretty healthy for all the way up to mp 8-9 so it rrly is a matter of what you want. If you just plan to exp farm at lower mp, get more dps, (changing your mark might be the quickest way) so u farm faster.

I dun really change to a WH at this point, becuase a 35m wh might just give u very slight dps improvement over ur inna belt, and not much different in ehp sector.

inna vest is great for ehp and paper dps, but if your actual nat chest have useful skill bonus (eg spike trap) with high vit or AR roll i suggest stucking to nat chest,

As of now, i would recommend getting a CC mark instead of CD mark, as you need it for your NS proc in ubber fights.

If you are looking for dps booast u might want to look at litany ring with ard 25+ CD roll, they are pretty cheap now, and should give u quite a big dps boost.

For ehp wise u might to slot some Vit into your vw or glove, you have a huge amount of % life in your gear, but you base vit is abit low.

if you dun rrly plan to rinse and repeat ubbr, or you have a very good team of friend that allow you to clear ubber relatively easily, you can actually focus more on dps for farming efficiency as your ehp now looks pretty decent.
Seek ehp only if u want more margin or error for mp 8-9-10 ubber fight

lastly. Dunno if you have tried, do try it if you have yet to d3up.com to see your ehp n dps for gear planning.
Reply Quote
@ Quos

Give me your bow, and I will make good use of it. Nice WF you have there. I found the one I have. Boy would my dps jump with your bow.
Reply Quote
Thanks!
Reply Quote
h4h4h4
Reply Quote
WF <3
Reply Quote
knockback is beast...have to use it since its one of the 4 items ive found in this game worth a !@#$ lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]