Diablo® III

Vote Kick Grief PK-ing: They did Listen!

All,

In case you missed it as many of you may not read the general forums, Lylirra has posted on the votekick issue. Looks like they want to remove movement lock during 10 seconds. Although I despise griefers who use this technique, it would be a shame if this opens up a vunerability that nobody else thought of. I am asking the community to brainstorm about the possible, of how her proposed change to eliminate the timer could cause harm. This is not a thread about how to cheat, it is theory crafting about a non-existent SW feature before the feature as implemented to provide "what-if" information about possible risks.

Ask yourself: How might a jerk misuse this feature? Will it effectively protect players from being PK'd?

Collectively, we have logged playing-hours thousands of times greater than the decision makers at blizzard. While they may have designed the game, we are the experts at operating the software. I'd like to provide valuable feedback to the developers on the risks of a specific implementation so they make an informed decision.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639780#10

**first posting edited for a misread because I am stupid and sleepy**
Edited by Twister#1181 on 1/8/2013 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
No - they're not removing the timer. They're proposing the timer stays but now you can actually move while it's counting down.
Reply Quote
It won't protect you from dying. By the time you get in trouble, people votes and then wait for the 10s... you will die. If you survive, it wasn't your time yet to die.

My 2c.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Poxy
No - they're not removing the timer. They're proposing the timer stays but now you can actually move while it's counting down.

Oh whoops! I read that too fast and missed a word. Hmmm...now, I see no way this is exploitable, unless it opens up the software to a 3rd patch hack that facilitates undoing the movement lock while leaving any game
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Battle123
oh i wasn't aware they were keeping the 10 sec timer. that's unexploitable then. I thoguht they were just gonna automatically remove you from the game

I couldn't personally envision any scenario where it would really be exploitable to cheat death either way, unless it opened up the SW to be more maleable by an unscrupulous 3rd party cheater
Reply Quote
There's no way to abuse this if you still have to wait 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
didnt we get this fixed during the update today?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]