D3 addons vs policy

I am not sure if this was asked before... but is this legal?:

http://darkd3.com/

or if i use it im gonna get banned?

this gives me lil hope and maybe few more weeks of playtime
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
FrenzyFriend,

We don't support the use of ANY addons. The use of any third party programs that modify any of our game files could possibly be detected and result in an account closure.

This is NOT to say it's going to happen though. The developers are trying to prevent exploits, bots, and unfair advantages for other players with this policy, not prevent harmless changes such as DarkD3 appears to provide.

We don't come right out and say we allow a particular addon like this though as someone could change it to do more than it does now, resulting in an account closure, and an angry user who thought they had official permission to use it.

Basically, you're taking a chance using any third party programs designed to "enhance" Diablo III.
Reply Quote
FrenzyFriend,

We don't support the use of ANY addons. The use of any third party programs that modify any of our game files could possibly be detected and result in an account closure.

This is NOT to say it's going to happen though. The developers are trying to prevent exploits, bots, and unfair advantages for other players with this policy, not prevent harmless changes such as DarkD3 appears to provide.

We don't come right out and say we allow a particular addon like this though as someone could change it to do more than it does now, resulting in an account closure, and an angry user who thought they had official permission to use it.

Basically, you're taking a chance using any third party programs designed to "enhance" Diablo III.

thats ok, I will go play another game then lol... trully hopeless tbh

i understand the policies and such but there are dupers, websites that are spamming friend requests, lately a word about crafting exploit was out, not mentioning obvious botters...

someone came around to make this visual addon to help blizz keep customers and now im taking chances by using it... no thanks

thanks for the reply ( i get it its not your fault or anything and your just doing your job by responding and i truly appreciate it- fast response)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]