Diablo® III

retina mbp-fans always on- normal?

Hello, I am playing on an MBP retina display and always while I am playing the fans are running. I've had friends tell me their MBP retina doesn't run fans while they are playing. Just wondering if anyone thinks there might be a problem with my mac or if there are settings I can change so that the fans aren't always running, etc. Any help appreciated, thanks
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
If the fans are running, this means that your Mac is trying to cool off.

You may want to reset your SMC and follow some of our overheating prevention guidelines to see if this helps out.
Reply Quote
I am playing on a classic MBP mid-2012 and I would say this is rather normal, especially for the Retinas. Macbooks tend to be space-heaters so naturally the fans are going to raise in speed, mine will fluctuate in temperatures between 65-80 degrees Celsius depending on the room temperature. Although the high temps are not good for components (shortens their life) so it is good that the fans are running, you may want to look into using smcFanControl.
Reply Quote
My fans are usually on full blast as I play. This is a good thing though. Your computer is doing its job.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]