Diablo® III

Awesome stun-lock Barb - solo ubers w/o Wiz!

Veteran & successful Barb here. After prolong testing using Freeze belts and Stun gloves, I can happily said these items are awesome to stun-lock bosses, ubers and elites.

This is especially useful when you are soloing/tanking vs Madga, King, Siege Breaker, Zoltan Kulle, Act 3 Warden to prevent them from teleporting or running. You simply stun and freeze to lock them in place for your nadoes to shred them to pieces!

Also great when you solo high MP or key farming without any Wiz.

It worked so well that Wizards who were killed and watching during ubers fights were asking me how come the ubers can still be frozen! LOL..

Gears that will help you are:

1. IK belts with high chance to Freeze.

2. Lamentation with high chance to Freeze.

3. IK gloves with high chance to Stun.

Any belts with high chance to Freeze (over 3%) but you will lose the IK bonus and/or Lamentation LS. Best get > 4% chance to Freeze/Stun or min 3%.

Go get one today and have fun seeing monsters get stunned and frozen alternately! Wohooooo......
Edited by sniperwong#6502 on 1/10/2013 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
change your Bash's rune to Clobber >>> 35% chance to stun.

that is 10x higher chance than any item.

one question: can nado or WW pro freeze, or you have to melee to freeze them ?
Edited by huanAK#6843 on 1/10/2013 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
or GROUND STOMP - one of my fav moves.

Ground Stomp > Pull them all in towards you > Rend

like chucking a bunch of monsters into a Blender :p
Reply Quote
change your Bash's rune to Clobber >>> 35% chance to stun.

that is 10x higher chance than any item.

one question: can nado or WW pro freeze, or you have to melee to freeze them ?

When I said prolong testing, I REALLY mean it!!

Bash Clobber, Frenzy Smite & Sky Splitter Smite only gives less than 0.5 secs stun. You haven't even started spinning & they have recovered. And worse, stopping WW+RLTW to strike just to proc stun from skills is silly, you lose precious time to dps, spend fury & keep perma WOTB. With gears, it's AUTO proc from your nadoes & WW.

This is very different from Freezing Belts or Stunning Gloves which is at least few secs freezing or stunning.

The sight of Siege Breaker constantly frozen or stunned by your IK or Lamentation belts & gloves as you spin around it is simply amazing! I can solo SB on my own while my 3 team mates take out ZK on MP8. Perfecto. Lol..
Edited by sniperwong#6502 on 1/10/2013 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 03:33 PMPosted by sniperwong
I can solo SB on my own while my 3 team mates take out ZK on MP8. Perfecto. Lol..

No disrespect intended, but wouldn't it be a bigger accomplishment to solo ZK rather than Siege? Siege is pretty damn easy.
Reply Quote
it's AUTO proc from your nadoes & WW.

thank for this tip, I didn't know nado can trigger spell.

I will try look for those item for my CM wiz, if they work on then CM should have higher chance to trigger with their massive number of nado.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 04:00 PMPosted by LordZeus
I can solo SB on my own while my 3 team mates take out ZK on MP8. Perfecto. Lol..

No disrespect intended, but wouldn't it be a bigger accomplishment to solo ZK rather than Siege? Siege is pretty damn easy.

Practical purpose dude, 3 guys on ZK will kill him fast while 1 guy tie up SB.
Reply Quote
@sniper,

I tried with 3.3% on glove and 3.7% freeze on belt. I change follower to templar. I seen less freeze compare with having scoundrel with buriza. Something I did not right? With my cold SOJ and scoundrel, I am seeing way more blue (due to freeze and snare effect) than stun+freeze mob combo.

The downside is that I lose quite a few of core stat by getting the stun and freeze as well.
Reply Quote
With your sort of gear, shouldn't you be able to solo that fight without any freezing anyways?
FWIW, I had a rare belt with 4.5% chance to freeze for months. It was fun to watch it proc, but I don't miss it that much. It's not the sort of thing that'll suddenly save you from death if you're undergeared.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/10/2013 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
@sniper,

I tried with 3.3% on glove and 3.7% freeze on belt. I change follower to templar. I seen less freeze compare with having scoundrel with buriza. Something I did not right? With my cold SOJ and scoundrel, I am seeing way more blue (due to freeze and snare effect) than stun+freeze mob combo.

The downside is that I lose quite a few of core stat by getting the stun and freeze as well.

Hope you don't expect to perma-freeze like a Wiz. I'm talking about procing max chance to Freeze and Stun to help hold runners in place and kill faster.

My guess is you lack AS to generate max ticks. Try to reach > 2.23 on both weapons, preferably > 2.5 if possible. That way, you will proc the effects more often.

Freeze belts + Stun gloves combine witd Cold SoJ gives awesome chilling, locking & fast kill.

Get those IK or Lamentation belts > 180 Str with bonus for Bash or Frenzy and you won't lose much stats.
Reply Quote
or GROUND STOMP - one of my fav moves.

Ground Stomp > Pull them all in towards you > Rend

like chucking a bunch of monsters into a Blender :p

GS was my fav when using Rend+HOTA build, but I'm talking about using Stun & Freeze gears so you do not waste a skill slot for stunning effect for WW build.

I can continue using Overpower Killing Spree with these gears for higher dps and more CC, and they proc very often compare to 12 secs cooldown of GS.
Reply Quote
if freeze is ur only goal and not dps.. why not Azurewrath/ Star of Azkaranth..
Reply Quote
I was doing public games with Azurewrath MH and Wizardspike offhand for a while... probably some of the most fun I've had with my WW barb to be honest lol.

EDIT: And i'm sure with a freezebelt it would have been ever cooler
Edited by Sparkedflint#1875 on 1/10/2013 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Been doing something similar but not for solo. Helps me survive mp10 and helps my friend play mp10 :)

Still a long way to go. A freeze azkarnath would be great but not within budget :(

Stun, Freeze, Chill from items and stuns from ground stomp and leap.
Reply Quote
With your sort of gear, shouldn't you be able to solo that fight without any freezing anyways?
FWIW, I had a rare belt with 4.5% chance to freeze for months. It was fun to watch it proc, but I don't miss it that much. It's not the sort of thing that'll suddenly save you from death if you're undergeared.

Yes, coz I can solo ubers. I just took on Magda alone to prevent her from throwing butterflies while my 3 team mates finish off King on MP10. Result? = Faster kill time, a win for everyone esp ubering > MP8 to MP10.

My role as a tank is to tie up 1 uber while my 3 team mates take out the more dangerous one. That means I solo without any freezing from Wiz. This is when Freezing belts and Stunning gloves are very useful.

It is also very useful vs runners & teleporting elites and Act 3 key warden when farming solo. I have even frozen goblins on many occasions. Lol..
Edited by sniperwong#6502 on 1/11/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think IK and Lamentation belts with high chance to Freeze and IK gloves with high chance to Stun will be useful in PvP. All set and ready! Lol..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]