Diablo® III

giving away my monk

I'll holdon to your gear for you on my monk as soon as I get him up to 60! And if you do ever come back, there wouldn't be any confusion between the gears :D
Don't give your gear away, man. At least, don't do it permanently. You know how Blizzard is with games. One day there's a patch and BAM! New content.

Take a break. Loan your gear to someone who's gonna give it back in a month or whenever you decide you want it. But you may want to play again some time if Blizzard does something you like. No reason to burn your bridges.
It will be my honor to recieve your monk. I will take good care of the gears.
I am a day 1 player since launch, and still enjoy this game daily.
I was gonna post this:

So much greed :( People should be trying to convince you NOT to quit, at least not until after pvp comes out. Dissapointed in monks posting so far...

But then Mojo and Piffle posted so...

That's a bit rude since OP is the one offering up his gear to someone. Excuse the players who may never have a chance at purchasing that tier of gear to put their name in the hat.

In my defense, I want to buy/rent his gear since I will never ever be able to afford a mempo and would gladly return it the second he ask.
I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
To be calm, when you've found the game got boring
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your gears may not.

Think about it before you give the gear away - never paired with you but sad to see a GG monk leave the game.

That fist weapon and mempo with my 1360+dps OS .25 EF would make me quite invulnerable haha would love to see the DPS. Nice gears. I would happily donate my equivalent gear onwards to someone else, or simply rent your gear till you come back - but that said, there are others more in need.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/10/2013 3:39 PM PST
I would be more than happy to simply hold on to your gear, pwn ppl with it when pvp comes out then, when you come back (~2-4 months max) I will just give it all back.

I have no real need to take other ppl's stuff but I would hate to have you give your stuff away then realize you actually did want to keep playing.

-Druin, the happy monk
Edited by Druin#1518 on 1/10/2013 3:37 PM PST
View profile
it's only a matter of time until the expansion comes out. what if it's awesome-possum? you'll be sad your gears are gone.
View profile
01/10/2013 03:36 PMPosted by scrapz
That's a bit rude since OP is the one offering up his gear to someone. Excuse the players who may never have a chance at purchasing that tier of gear to put their name in the hat.

Um, considering I fall into that group, I hardly consider that a valid argument lol.

His gear will be upgrades to the vast majority of people posting on the forums, even the well geared people.

Sure I could put my btag down, but I'd rather see him keep his gear and not regret making a somewhat spontaneous decision just because he hasn't played the game in a little over a week. Thats all.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 1/10/2013 3:44 PM PST
DIBS!
Keep the gear, maybe drop a line on the forums every now and then, come back when PvP is out. An honorable Monk is a friend, whether we've met or not, so think of it as keeping friends.

Good luck!
I have never posted in the forum before so pardon me if I don't follow proper etiquette or abbreviations. I would be more than happy to help you with your predicament :). I too play mostly by myself I think I have been in a public match a couple times only by mistake changing quests. I really started playing more in December since I was off work for medical reasons. When I do play with someone it is usually my brother and/or a couple co-workers. I'm not the best at upgrading my gear and finally got the dps I have now (I know it still isn't that great compared to many others) thanks to the month I was off work. Typically when I get good gear I'll just give it to my brother or the co-workers I see on occasion (I know I could sell it for a lot in some cases but I like helping people out even though I don't directly get something in return). Basically I have hit a brick wall with dps, my brother says I need to focus on crit chance but it seems like all that gear is way overpriced where I can't afford it. Most of the gear I have, I either found or my brother or co-worker gave it to me as they do the same for me as I do for them. I did buy my weapon and helm both in December with the extra playtime and extra gold I got. Also if you decide to come back I'll be more than happy to give you your gear back if you want, hopefully by then I will have found some upgrades too. Looks like with your life and dps you know how to build a monk that's for sure. Best of wishes in what you decide to do thanks from the monk community no matter who benefits from this, I have checked our community posts many many times and see we have THE best community here in D3.

My tag is Thesandman#1559
If you need a break, take a break. 2 months down the road you may want to play again and you will regret selling off your gear.
01/10/2013 03:43 PMPosted by gotaplanstan

Um, considering I fall into that group, I hardly consider that a valid argument lol.

His gear will be upgrades to the vast majority of people posting on the forums, even the well geared people.

Sure I could put my btag down, but I'd rather see him keep his gear and not regret making a somewhat spontaneous decision just because he hasn't played the game in a little over a week. Thats all.

Understood. If you don't want to be part of the giveaway, great. More chances for others but don't insult everyone who is innocently replying to OP's post.

I would love for OP to stay and play since he geared for PvP and that's what coming out soon. His initial post indicates he would like to handout his set to someone trustworthy. There are only a handful of people who I would feel who would remain honest and return his gear when asked to.
01/10/2013 03:51 PMPosted by scrapz

Understood. If you don't want to be part of the giveaway, great. More chances for others but don't insult everyone who is innocently replying to OP's post.

I would love for OP to stay and play since he geared for PvP and that's what coming out soon. His initial post indicates he would like to handout his set to someone trustworthy. There are only a handful of people who I would feel who would remain honest and return his gear when asked to.

Good point. God I hope his gear set doesn't just end up on the AH 30 minutes after he hands it over. That'd be so sad.

I still think you should wait and see how you feel about it later.

Good point. God I hope his gear set doesn't just end up on the AH 30 minutes after he hands it over. That'd be so sad.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Yeah dude, just come run ubers with me and narc. We carry noobies nightly and help em get their rings.
Just hold on to the gear, go and play something else. You never know what will happen, and it'd be horrible if the game gets good and you have to piece that amazing set back together.
View profile
01/10/2013 03:51 PMPosted by scrapz
but don't insult everyone who is innocently replying to OP's post.

I actually didn't insult anybody.

Theres a LARGE difference between me saying everybody who puts their btag down is stupid, OR that I am disappointed in them. The former implies how I feel about others, while the latter implies how I am feeling myself. Notice the difference?
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 1/10/2013 4:03 PM PST
I took a break and hung onto all my gear (from back in June) was nice being able to pickup the game again and still be able to play tbh, though I'm sure within a week I had upgraded all of it lol.

However, if you're really just going to up and leave, contact me ingame or we can arrange for gmail chat etc, highly interested in a couple of your pieces and would be willing to arrange something to make it worth your while. Have been frustrated with finding some stuff lately and there just being no availability -_-;;
Edited by Enot#1820 on 1/10/2013 4:05 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]