Diablo® III

giving away my monk

just wait till new patch.
if you're still not satisfied then i can take care of your gear and if you want it back in the future thats fine.
I've been farming Act I Normal (Leoric's Signet) with my monk because she's not good at anything else. Its very disappointing. If I had your gear, I would be slaying. Thank you for your consideration!

Having said that, you should stick around for 1.07 and check it out.

Good luck!
i could relly use the nats ring and wep it would be a big upgrade for me if u decide to help me out plz add me mod#1690 ty for looking
You should wait for the new patch.

There isn't anything wrong about making friends online either!
Would love to throw my hat into the ring as well. I started as a wiz, then DH, Barb, played monk a bit, then WD a bit. After I got my Wiz, DH, Barb to 60, I went back to my monk.

I have had theee best and most frustrating time with it! I had to farm 3 leoric signet's just to afford what I have now and so I could have some room for other things like gems.

My monk started out as a Skorn/Tempest Rush build (which I love for doing XP MP0 runs), but have switched it up a bit. Still working on a newer build right now and finally have my resists up to survive mp3-4 but only doing 50k dps. lol! I FINALLY have enough keys for 3 inferno machines, but worried that I'll still never see a HF ring.

I also noticed you're stacking Cold Resist with All Resist. That's the 'path' I took with my OWE so virtually anything you have will fit my build in addition to giving me options for other builds. I'd humbled and honored to carry some of it on.

As others have mentioned I would definitely hold onto it if you do ever decide to come back. I still have a bow that a kind soul gave me when I was having a hard time with Rakanoth in Hell. It maintains a spot in my stash as a reminder that there are kind and thoughtful people who play this game. It'll be a shame to see you go.
I'll be more than happy to help! Any of it will be an upgrade for me so I'll put it to good use!
If youd like add me in game Tokyo#1419
I'm an overawe monk with 220k unbuff dps. I've played my monk almost 1000 hours. Mempo will be a great upgrade for me, I'll take good care of it rather than let it sit in dust.:)
Damove-1683
At this point, nobody should be receiving your gear. What was originally intended as a nice gesture has now become a lottery coupled with 'Miss America' like pleads. Everybody has a reason for why they deserve the gear over everyone else.

Simply put, don't give away your gear. Hold on to it.

If you gave it away to a player who you consider 'in-game poor', then you would compromise the Diablo III experience for that player. One of the greatest things about D2 & D3 is the struggle and grind it takes in order find or buy top-tier gear. A player's gear is just as practical as it is symbolic. Our gear symbolizing the reaping of war, the rewards we have earned for all of the time and energy we have spent slaying the demons of hell.

If you give a player who can use your gear, then you take something very special away from that player. I don't care what they tell you, their experience will not benefit. Like drug addiction, the player will ride the high of the gear for a short while but will soon face stark depression because there is no longer a better high to chase. They will become stagnant and bored, like you have. To reiterate, save a life, save your gear.

On the contrary, if you give away your gear to a player of equal caliber then it wouldn't really have an effect on his/her Diablo III experience. But what's the point? You would be adding cards to an already stacked hand. We already have plethora of crooked card stackers using the RMAH as a means of 'improving' their experience. Fools! This will only lead to a shallow and empty experience, ultimately creating another shortened career fueled by short-term temptations.

Again, as a fellow monk and a brother in arms, I ask you to please, hold on to your gear. Take some time to fully think it through. Meditate. Get yo' mantra of conviction on and convince yourself to keep what is rightfully yours!

Be patient. Better days will soon visit Sanctuary.
At this point, nobody should be receiving your gear. What was originally intended as a nice gesture has now become a lottery coupled with 'Miss America' like pleads. Everybody has a reason for why they deserve the gear over everyone else.

Simply put, don't give away your gear. Hold on to it.

If you gave it away to a player who you consider 'in-game poor', then you would compromise the Diablo III experience for that player. One of the greatest things about D2 & D3 is the struggle and grind it takes in order find or buy top-tier gear. A player's gear is just as practical as it is symbolic. Our gear symbolizing the reaping of war, the rewards we have earned for all of the time and energy we have spent slaying the demons of hell.

If you give a player who can use your gear, then you take something very special away from that player. I don't care what they tell you, their experience will not benefit. Like drug addiction, the player will ride the high of the gear for a short while but will soon face stark depression because there is no longer a better high to chase. They will become stagnant and bored, like you have. To reiterate, save a life, save your gear.

On the contrary, if you give away your gear to a player of equal caliber then it wouldn't really have an effect on his/her Diablo III experience. But what's the point? You would be adding cards to an already stacked hand. We already have plethora of crooked card stackers using the RMAH as a means of 'improving' their experience. Fools! This will only lead to a shallow and empty experience, ultimately creating another shortened career fueled by short-term temptations.

Again, as a fellow monk and a brother in arms, I ask you to please, hold on to your gear. Take some time to fully think it through. Meditate. Get yo' mantra of conviction on and convince yourself to keep what is rightfully yours!

Be patient. Better days will soon visit Sanctuary.

Agreed. I quit D2 several times and D3 once already. Always came back. I would only entrust such an account to an actual friend, not a random poster. Just my two cents.
I have been trying to gear up my monk w/o using the auction house, and have done pretty good so far, about 70% of my monks gear was found. I am a very loyal diablo fan and will continue to play this game for years to come. If you could find it in your heart to let me use your gear, I would be more than happy to give it back, should you decide to return. I would gladly borrow any single piece of gear you are willing to part with, but I'm really looking at;

Fist Weapon
Helm
Chest
Amulet
Gloves
Nat's Ring
Shield

(In that order)

I understand everyone and their grandmother is going to want this stuff, so all I can say is PLEASE consider me, I will give any gear a loving and dust free home :D

Thanks, and sorry to see a fellow monk depart (seems like were few and far between now)

Feel free to add in game "Kefka#1532"
Read the first page and hit straight to the last feeling pretty sad.

Yesterday, I have just received news my mentor or master sifu Monk is deciding to bite the dust for reason of this own.

We need good monk player in the community, please do hold on to your gear, when you decided to come back to game again, I will love to play with you and learning from you. Do reconsider!
I'm not running a monk now but I've geared quite a few. If you look at my wiz you can see that I'm upper middle funded. As for intentions, I really admire the monks farming capabilities and would love to use it for that purpose and would even be willing to return it to you if you ever decided to return with whatever improvements I could make to your gear. Fudo#1445
I like the gear method !

Sword and Board is an awesome way to play..

My monk is coming along with similar gearing.

Feel free to help me out :P
When I fired up Diablo 3 for the first time in late May, it took me the better part of an hour to decide which character to choose. There was a right choice, there always is when it comes to video games. That initial choice frames the entire game for me: There is a right way and there is a wrong way...

This has been a persistent theme for me in gaming, going back over a decade to D3's predecessor. As a teen in my formative years, I had played video games prior to Diablo 2 and I enjoyed the momentary distraction games could offer me. I'd play quick games, fighting games mostly since you could play a round in just a couple minutes and move on. Street Fighter was an easy standby -- mashing buttons with that stretch arm dude was all the release I needed in a game. Didn't matter to me in the slightest if I won or lost. The first time I played Zelda: Ocarina of Time I entertained myself by doing backflips for five minutes before shutting it off, not to touch it again for six months. I was easily amused, a casual gamer in every sense.

It wasn't until playing D2 for the first time and rolling my first "hammerdin" that I became aware of the all consuming power that games could wield over my free time. A friend plopped me down in front of his computer and booted it up for me. I liked that it was so easy to grasp right from the get go. Just point and click to smack/kill/vaporize/loot waves of enemies. Satisfying! I bought my own copy and played with friends online. It wasn't long before I was pouring over strategy guides and conferring with others for the best farming routes and agonizing over gear upgrades and OH GOD I BETTER CONSULT WITH SOMEONE ELSE TO MAKE SURE I'M PUTTING THIS TALENT POINT IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
This was my first exposure to "theorycrafting" years before I would even hear the phrase uttered. Games finally started to click for me. I would go on to consume them en masse as a young adult with this approach in mind.

I arrived at the conclusion that the Monk was the class for me in that first hour with D3. He used his hands, he was an ally of the light, he sort of reminded me of that stretchy dude from Street Fighter. I liked the cut of his jib, so-to-speak. I leveled him up to 10 before my gaming buddy got online, only to realize he chose monk as his main too! Bummer! Ever the team player, I rolled witch doctor and carried on.

A couple months ago, having grown tired of witch doctor, wizard, and the barbarian respectively, I revisited my first character, still a lowly monk of 10. I had considered quitting at the time as most of my friends had done. The game was starting to become dusty.
But just like that, the game was new again. The simple pleasure of the game was at once like that first sensation that hooked me to D2 all those years ago. It took me almost 7 months of playing this damn game, but I finally found the class for me and it had been there all along. I leveled him up to 60 and cashed in gear from my other toons to make a go of it.

The joy of gaming is alive and well in me when playing my monk. My work hours have been fairly demanding as of late and I wish that I had the time to truly make my monk a worthy foe. Your gear would be going to a good and grateful home, I can promise you that.
Edited by Jack#11954 on 1/12/2013 4:42 PM PST
I am in love with your helm, must of cost a pretty penny

sad to see another fellow monk player go
View profile
DONT QUIT :D ten days could just be because you are busy.

if you quit, keep gear!

You'll be happy when you come back and there are updates meaning upgrades available but you still have good gear :D

Anyway, if you do give all away consider me for you BT Duncraigs Cross. I saw it on your toon earlier when I was reading thru this thread but you seem to have changed your gear.

It would be cool if you helped a wiz with a monk item ;0
Gelu, your gears and stats looks similar to mine except I am running Shenlong. It is close that at this point it is difficult to tell if any single piece of your gears will improve me without trying and in- game comparison. Also, It involves some trade off and systematically thinking to merge your into mine. I am currently comfortable running mp9 except for occasionally trouble with reflect damage minion mobs (glad that they will fix it in 1.0.7) and can run mp10 uber fine although lack a bit dps to kill quickly. I think by merging your gear with mine would help to get this monk be able to handle mp10 run and eventually been able to handle other imbalanced classes like cm wiz and barb in forthcoming PvP. Thanks, caiqian#1669
First of all, very nice gear Gelu, your monk is quite the beast. I've been playing my monk for months and months and just recently reached the 100k unbuffed mark :). I try to keep my survivability up and not harm it too much for damage upgrades. I am a Cold Monk like you :P, your gear would be such amazing upgrades for me man, I would be inexplicably grateful to receive it. I have researched plenty on monk builds, farm efficiency, just Diablo III knowledge for hours and hours and I think that I would be deserving of your gear.
Cheers,
Wafflebon g#1896
Edited by Wafflebong#1896 on 1/12/2013 6:04 PM PST
First your monk is awesome and is everything i hope my monk will be one day and eventually hope to surpass.

This is my first time submitting to one of these give aways. I too recently took a break for school but i'm coming back strong and trying to get my paragon up much higher. I'm a poison monk so obviously several of your pieces of gear aren't the best match for me. I'm particularly interested in your nat's ring, your mempo is a major upgrade over mine as are your inna's pieces; your amulet and fist are also amazing.

If your not interested in parting it out then i would be more than willing to switch to cold for the rest of your awesome gear.

About this being my end game gear, there is not a chance that would happen, there is always a way to improve your character more, i fully intend to bring my monk to paragon 100 and play this game for years to come.

Thanks for the oppourtunity

MasterShake#1255
G'day Gelu, I'd like to nominate Killuminati#1131. He's a good sport and trusted player that real loves his monk.

You can see from his profile, that he's had some trouble gearing up. If you gave him just a few items, I'm sure he'd press even harder to make his monk more Godly.

Thanx for your concideration.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]