Diablo® III

giving away my monk

Sorry to hear you go mate. Most of your pieces are relatively close to mine I think the helm would help the most so I'm asking for that piece, although the chest piece and weapon would probably add some value and allow me to gear for less survivability in other pieces. I'd ask for just one of those 3. Appreciate what you are doing, as I've done the same in Flyff and WoW (twice first time cause i switched realms to play with friends, 2nd time i retired for sc2) for other players and will do here if I ever quit. It's a nice feeling to be able to give something to someone when you were in their shoes and know what it's like to want especially if they will put good use to it.

If you decide to come back you can ask for your <piece> anytime and I've give you 20m interest on it to so you don't have to start completely from scratch. I'm not particularly poor as i have 1.4b but that'll be quickly spent to upgrade my weaps and ring to get from ~190k to ~250k dps. Your helm will help me reach that my goal of 300k and hopefully more.

Whatever you decide, good luck in life.
Edited by Jabbawocker#1833 on 1/13/2013 12:50 AM PST
Wow cool, any gears is fine! I will look forward to create a monk as I have done DH to 60.
Any monk gears will make me more desire to make a monk sooner. :D:D:D Anyway, my gears on other character aint that great. at most a few millions was spent on them not more than 5m. Budget much ;p;p
:(
Fairly new at Monk, only started one last week and currently at pl4 .. but really investing the time to learn the class. Have already invested about 50m so far but I am only at about 58k dps. Would love any items that can help me get a boost. Plan to stick with the class a long time.

Appreciated, and glad to see some nice people on the board :)

HauntedHawk#1227
view my profile. my main char is monk.
View profile
This thread, page 2 to 25, reminds me of Idiocracy...
it would be awesome to get anything of your gear! My Battletag is Fearengineer#2878
I have to admit, I've left d3 for a number of months bec. of the discouragement that I've felt from the previous patches. Played at day 1 hoping that the spark that once captured me in d2 would be in the future patches. Patch 1.0.7 promising attractions pulled me back.

Having leveled each of the 5 diff char, I have to say that the monk has captured my attention the most. I'm interested in exploring and testing the bounds of what that class can do. I would really like to have a take on your monk to see what I can do to improve it.

If by taking care you mean expanding upon, then you can pick me. Else, good luck to your future endeavors
41 Undead Warrior
i'll take your !@#$, just send me a tell in game helloitstim
Hi Dream, oops Gelu!

Nice Monk! If you still plan to make some of us very lucky, I would take the pants, those are exactly the one I'm looking for, more life than dex. Since the beginning I work on improving my Monk, little by little and those were my next step as you can see.

I have a Nat ring too but currently using Leoric for XP.

Will my Dream come true? :-)
Hey,
I just gave about 50 mil worth of monk gear to another aspiring monk. I'm a cold res monk just like you and several of those pieces would help my build, especially got my eyes on nat's set or the bracers. Even the inna's pieces would upgrade me. Interested in any of it actually.
Hey...Been wanting to play a monk for the longest time but didn't have the time and gold to fund the gear. Played mostly my barb and wd and i really like monk mechanics but yeah no gear. I think I am a pretty good player and extremely efficient. I wouldn't mind giving you back your gear if you want them back anytime, just need a good set to get some paragons and experience..=) s/b nice...
Id really like to have that gear. I played Monk myself now i rolled a dh. Ur set would make me play monk again.
Gelu... are you still in the game? I have hit a wall with my monk in terms of damage... Looking to break into the 200k unbuffed region... its took a while to get my monk to where she is and she is not your typical monk build (i.e. sweeping wind, fists of thunder). Battle Tag is DirePriest#1635
To be honest, and this has probably been said already, it seems like the kind of person you would like to give your gear away to would be the kind of person that wouldn't go through the forums begging for gear.
Hi Gelu
This might be a bit long but I would like to give you a better idea of my monk/diablo story from the start.

I have a monk, Arya lvl 60 para 20, that I played nonstop when I first got the game; she was my first and favorite character. I shunned the rmah as a personal challenge to beat the game on inferno. I made her a cheap tank, stacking life regen instead of loh and using mostly rares that I got for 50k a piece or self-found. I finished the game on about 30k dps, creating my own build that came about from a lot of experimentation. So far I haven't had a more enjoyable experience playing diablo 3 then beating inferno with my underdog monk before the nerfs.

With the latest patches focusing on efficient paragon leveling and high dps for monster power, I found tanks like my monk were no longer useful. This crushed me as she had been amazing before but now was going to need a complete expensive rebuild.I decided put her away for a while so I sold her gear to start on a demon hunter so I could try higher mps and farm faster to hit para 100 reasonably fast and acquire some wealth.

I would be honored to carry your gear on my monk, to have her fighting again and be able to farm and compete with her more easily. I'm not the richest player but I have amassed some wealth through farming, I’ve invested about 200 million into my demon hunter Alice and have 60 million gold currently saved up for upgrades and PVP gear. If I had some decent gear on my monk to start me off I would invest in her and slowly make her better and better.

Currently I play diablo 3 every day, although I dislike some things about it I still enjoy the game very much and farming the 1 or 2 hours a day is a hobby of mine.

I can see how many people become frustrated with the game and move on but I think what you are doing is very heartwarming, it would have been nice to play with a gamer like you who was true to their game and cared about other players.

Robbo
View profile
Sorry to hear you go mate. Most of your pieces are relatively close to mine I think the helm would help the most so I'm asking for that piece, although the chest piece and weapon would probably add some value and allow me to gear for less survivability in other pieces. I'd ask for just one of those 3. Appreciate what you are doing, as I've done the same in Flyff and WoW (twice first time cause i switched realms to play with friends, 2nd time i retired for sc2) for other players and will do here if I ever quit. It's a nice feeling to be able to give something to someone when you were in their shoes and know what it's like to want especially if they will put good use to it.

If you decide to come back you can ask for your <piece> anytime and I've give you 20m interest on it to so you don't have to start completely from scratch. I'm not particularly poor as i have 1.4b but that'll be quickly spent to upgrade my weaps and ring to get from ~190k to ~250k dps. Your helm will help me reach that my goal of 300k and hopefully more.

Whatever you decide, good luck in life.
You have 1.4b gold and are asking for handouts, I lol'd.
Sorry to hear that you're planning on leaving for awhile. I just recently started my monk back up, he was my original choice upon launch however after about 100 hours I switched to DH. I am really enjoying being back and doing runs with the monk, and I hope to see you back soon. My tag is CAshmonay#1807 if you ever start up again and want to run together, I plan on sticking with monk as well as my DH for awhile, It's nice to share half the gear at the moment so it's cheaper but 2 seperate gear sets are the future plans. Most of your gear would be upgrades to my current set, I would love to have a chance at any of it :) either way good luck with everything, don't be gone for too long!
Edited by CashMonay#1807 on 1/13/2013 7:21 AM PST
I have every char in 60 except for wd. Monk is my latest and I enjoyed playing her the most.
I could have farm alot quicker with my barb instead but still I am playing my monk who would die quick easily nowadays.

I am using a 2 handed mace as my main for now. Sitting at 60k dps unbuffed. I used to put on fist or any mixture of 1 handed weapon but the ones I have are average weapons. They took too long to killed. Obviously I could not afford the decent one.

It would be great to be able to upgrade my monk, I hope that I am one of the lucky random person. Thank you.
I love my monk and would love to try other builds with this gear. Sorry you are leaving the game. But I would put your gear to great use.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]