Diablo® III

Bliz please let me play my alts again

I know the topic has been brought up before, but as 1.07 gets closer I'd ask Bliz to consider letting me play my alts again. Preferably, make paragon exp and levels apply to all my characters but at a minimum, make the MF/GF portion of paragon levels account bound. There is absolutely no reason not to do this other than the masochistic (but very vocal) few who will enjoy leveling a 2nd character to P100. For those folks, allow an option where this ability can be disabled and they can beat themselves senseless all they wish, even give them an achievement for being so persistent for all I care.

Since paragon levels were introduced I've probably put in less than 1 or 2 hours combined on my 2 level 60 alts. I'd like to play them on occasion but the thought of either having to deck them out in MF gear, or going hundreds of millions of exp between legendaries makes them 100% unplayable. While there are lots of other issues that need to be addressed and this is no silver bullet than can "save" the game, it is an incremental step to making the game more enjoyable for the majority of the customer base.
Reply Quote
no. paragon is free and you are not being forced to level just one character. there are thousands that are level 100 already including myself. we chose to put all our effort in one character before leveling another. that is our choice. you have to earn it and level all characters individually. no cheating. if not why not just have Blizzard create all characters level 60 for you too.
Reply Quote
Yes, remove the paragon system and all paragon levels for this player!
Reply Quote
I haven't played my alts either, but I've been finding some decent gear for them with my main. I suggest you level this one to 100 paragon, then you will have a reason to go back to the others, giving the game a super long re-playability rating. Win win situation. It's not broken.

Edit: I lied, my Barbarian somehow got to p8.... I guess I have played my alts.
Edited by pixelrage#1391 on 1/11/2013 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:03 AMPosted by SilentMike69
letting me play my alts again.

The have not stopped you. You just choose not to.

Why stop with Paragon..
once you hit 60, any alt you create should also be 60.
once you finish a quest, all your alts get credit
inf fact, one you reach 60, get geared, there should be a button you can press to copy your entire character, gear, exp and all, to a new character.

lol.. you probably agree.
Reply Quote
Nonsense.

Play your alts.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately the thing we cannot see in this discussion is the player base and what exactly is happening to it. If the Bliz bean counters make note of the fact that a large % of paragon 100s leave the game and do not come back or play alts then they would likely implement a feature like this. If they find that people hit 100 and then continue playing on that same character or move on to another then they've got no incentive to do so.

Since Bliz is about the most opaque company I know, we have absolutely zero access to any of this information and are left in the dark as to their intentions. From my personal experience, the friends I've got who have made 100 played like crazy to get there, and now rarely login. None of them play an alt for the MF/GF reasons I listed in the OP.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately the thing we cannot see in this discussion is the player base and what exactly is happening to it. If the Bliz bean counters make note of the fact that a large % of paragon 100s leave the game and do not come back or play alts then they would likely implement a feature like this. If they find that people hit 100 and then continue playing on that same character or move on to another then they've got no incentive to do so.

Since Bliz is about the most opaque company I know, we have absolutely zero access to any of this information and are left in the dark as to their intentions. From my personal experience, the friends I've got who have made 100 played like crazy to get there, and now rarely login. None of them play an alt for the MF/GF reasons I listed in the OP.

TL;DR: friends play like crazy, get bored of game. Probably should have paced themselves.
Reply Quote
get a random soceted helm and a rand hellfire ring. it will take almost no time to get to atleast plvl 30. no one is stopping you from playing your alts except you.
Reply Quote
i've got 2 alt's, what are you complaining about...
Reply Quote
Don't like.
Reply Quote
I know the topic has been brought up before, but as 1.07 gets closer I'd ask Bliz to consider letting me play my alts again. Preferably, make paragon exp and levels apply to all my characters but at a minimum, make the MF/GF portion of paragon levels account bound. There is absolutely no reason not to do this other than the masochistic (but very vocal) few who will enjoy leveling a 2nd character to P100. For those folks, allow an option where this ability can be disabled and they can beat themselves senseless all they wish, even give them an achievement for being so persistent for all I care.

Since paragon levels were introduced I've probably put in less than 1 or 2 hours combined on my 2 level 60 alts. I'd like to play them on occasion but the thought of either having to deck them out in MF gear, or going hundreds of millions of exp between legendaries makes them 100% unplayable. While there are lots of other issues that need to be addressed and this is no silver bullet than can "save" the game, it is an incremental step to making the game more enjoyable for the majority of the customer base.

You know, I just play all my softcore chars to ease the pain of only playing my main, Barb. After 750 hours of playing baba, spending time and doing alternate para lvling on my "alts" is really fun. Plus if you get a hellfire ring - not difficult at all and a good ruby, well the road to 1-40 paragon is relatively short. That amounts to some decent gf and mf.
Play for fun op, don't let others spoil it for you. And eventually when I can manage to get back to Barb i'll just finish lvling her up (currently stationed at 51 para).
Reply Quote
Like others have said, no one is stopping you. This is entirely your personal hang up.

If it is the loss of the Paragon MF bonus then simply lean heavy towards some MF on your alts until they gain some P-levels.

This game is fairly casual and easy going. No one is going to crucify you for playing alts here.
Reply Quote
SilentMike69, it seems like nobody thinks this is a good idea aside from you. "Bliz please let me play my alts again" is just so whiny. Blizzard has nothing to do with you not playing your alts. That's a choice you clearly made.
Reply Quote
Meh Plvl100. Big deal. Been there done that and I still play. To be totally honest I find better items with a Plvl 20 than I do with Pllvl 100 char. Not nearly as many but they are better. Ohh and only 16 added MF.
Reply Quote
Please, please Blizzard, do not pay attention to the multiple people that have requested something like this. It is perhaps the most absurd suggestion I have had the misfortune of reading in all of the forums. I keep three characters going up in levels at the moment (Monk, Witch Doctor, and Demon Hunter) and the thought of them all just "being" plvl 100 because one of my characters is makes me shiver.
Reply Quote
It should be a choice.. a tick box if you will.

Tick for account bound paragon, or un-tick if you want to level it yourself.

You don't step on the toes of people who want it account bound, and the rest don't step on the toes of the people who want it applied to the character only. Just worry about yourself.
Reply Quote

why should you have access to that info? what would you gain from it? just play the game and stop worrying about statistics.
Reply Quote
I also have to ask, where is the negative of making at least the MF/GF portion of paragon leveling account wide? I've seen replies attacking me personally, drawing invalid comparisons, or saying the idea is stupid but nobody can point to how this would negatively affect them. If you don't like it opt out. if you don't give the stat bonuses it doesn't affect pvp. It's not like levels 1-60 where you get new passive and active abilities.
Reply Quote
paragon levels should be made account wide.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]