Diablo® III

Bliz please let me play my alts again

PLVLs should not be account bound.
Reply Quote
View profile
One clarification since it isn't necessarily obvious, I don't advocate PLVLS as you level your character, only once they hit level 60.
Reply Quote
MF/GF? LOL
Pretty worthless stat.

i would have to disagree. from the point that i leveled to 100 i made 800 mil so far on my drops.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 12:28 PMPosted by DeadRu
Why should a lvl 1 character have 100 paragon

He wasn't saying this at all.
Reply Quote
Look this thread again
Reply Quote
View profile
01/11/2013 12:28 PMPosted by DeadRu
I read this as my bots want 100 paragon.

This might be the dumbest reply yet. If I had a bot, why would I care what paragon it had, it would make it to 100 soon enough without any effort on my part. Also, exactly how would a bot getting free Plvl 100 on an account I've already got another character Plvl 100 on help whatsoever? Blizzard bans individual characters and not accounts when they detect botting?

Seriously, still getting no replies explaining why this is a bad idea. Personal attacks, non sequitur rants, and a nice new "we've seen this thread before". While numerous, the logic and reasoning behind my opposition hasn't shown much substance.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 12:41 PMPosted by ArmyofBono
Why should a lvl 1 character have 100 paragon

But he was saying if he levels ONE lvl-60 char to paragon-100, the other lvl-60's of his become paragon-100 also. Totally unreasonable imo...
Reply Quote
Funny, Blizzard still lets me play my alts.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/11/2013 01:00 PMPosted by ZingyDNA

But he was saying if he levels ONE lvl-60 char to paragon-100, the other lvl-60's of his become paragon-100 also. Totally unreasonable imo...

I don't know about you, but leveling a character to high Plvl requires a lot of time. One does not necessarily want to repeat the process for more than 1 character. We don't really grind Plvl for stats, but more for magic find and gold find. When you're high level, you get used to see stacks of gold with "x" amount, or getting X number of rares or legendary per game. When you swap to an alt, the difference is simply brutal.

This makes people grind level even on their alternative. Really, we should be trying to play the game instead of grinding for level all the time -_- If only a small portion of the magic find or gold find were shared through the account, most of us would drop the hellfire ring, Leoric Signet, Cain set and the ruby on our helm.
Reply Quote
People need to stop looking at paragon levels as the end game, they're more of a "bonus" for the loot grind so you feel like you're still progressing even if you're not finding loot.

Nothing is stopping you from playing your alts other than yourself.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/11/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Vranx
Look this thread again

This thread and my previous comment about Blizzard's opaqueness go hand in hand. Certainly Bliz is aware of these (and many other) threads yet usually they say nothing. There's no "we're aware of this issue and it is terrible and will never happen" or "we like it and are considering something for a future patch". Instead they say nothing and this thread gets repeated every other day.
Reply Quote

I don't know about you, but leveling a character to high Plvl requires a lot of time. One does not necessarily want to repeat the process for more than 1 character. We don't really grind Plvl for stats, but more for magic find and gold find. When you're high level, you get used to see stacks of gold with "x" amount, or getting X number of rares or legendary per game. When you swap to an alt, the difference is simply brutal.

This makes people grind level even on their alternative. Really, we should be trying to play the game instead of grinding for level all the time -_- If only a small portion of the magic find or gold find were shared through the account, most of us would drop the hellfire ring, Leoric Signet, Cain set and the ruby on our helm.

Playing the game is, at least in part, grinding. That's really the essence of the experience. Whether or not the grind is fun is what is important. The term has become synonymous for "boring" only because it is often implemented poorly. Paragon Levels ARE a part of playing. If you are grinding P-Levels, then you are playing the game.

The difference is brutal because this is an RPG and part of an RPG is that each character powers up on his/her own terms/time. So you say that the difference between loot and gold is massive between a new 60 and a high P-Level 60, and you're right, but so is the DPS, the AR, the Vitality, etc, etc... When you go from a character that you have developed well over time, to a fledgling character, the power will be less. Should we make DPS account wide as well so that no disparity is felt?

Why is it that MF/GF should be account wide according to P-Levels, but DPS should not? The rewards you get for Paragon Levels are no different than any other reward you receive in an RPG in that it is for THAT character and reflects time spent on THAT character. I know we have shared stashes and shared gold, but in this case, we aren't just talking a matter of convenience, we are talking about trivializing the RPG element of the game by making rewards that REALLY affect your character's relationship to the game world in super visible and tangible ways.

Also, and I asked this earlier in the thread, what is stopping someone from forgoing a "ERMAGERD DEEPS" gear set at a low P-Level and instead balancing their character out with a respectable amount of GF/MF? The answer? Nothing is.
Reply Quote
The have not stopped you. You just choose not to.

Why stop with Paragon..
once you hit 60, any alt you create should also be 60.
once you finish a quest, all your alts get credit
inf fact, one you reach 60, get geared, there should be a button you can press to copy your entire character, gear, exp and all, to a new character.

lol.. you probably agree.
It's funny; what you've described is the rune system in D3. You don't need an alt to change up your build.

And yet, I bet the OP *hates* the Rune system, and wants Skill Trees, Skill Points, Permanent Builds, etc, etc.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:21 AMPosted by blkdrgn
no. paragon is free and you are not being forced to level just one character. there are thousands that are level 100 already including myself. we chose to put all our effort in one character before leveling another. that is our choice. you have to earn it and level all characters individually. no cheating. if not why not just have Blizzard create all characters level 60 for you too.

I don't understand why people are so opposed to the idea of the mf/gf being shared...you have a paragon level 100, you should understand the problem better than anyone, the point is if you do play an alt, you lose all that farming ability your paragon level 100 has...and if you continue to play the paragon level 100 char, you're just doing the same thing over and over again, like you've been doing for who knows how many hours. Some of us find that boring.

The whole point of the paragon system was to eliminate the need for mf/gf gear, not to make alts a huge waste of time/effort.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Locke
The whole point of the paragon system was to eliminate the need for mf/gf gear, not to make alts a huge waste of time/effort.
You don't understand the point of the Paragon system.

Want to give your alts a boost? Get a Hellfire Ring. Find some -level requirements gear. You're barking up the wrong tree when it comes to Paragon sharing.

For all the players that "demanded" level-100 characters, there's Paragon. That grind is similar to D2, so players got their wish. Now you want an even easier time at it! Give an inch... they want a mile.
Reply Quote
View profile
The have not stopped you. You just choose not to.

Why stop with Paragon..
once you hit 60, any alt you create should also be 60.
once you finish a quest, all your alts get credit
inf fact, one you reach 60, get geared, there should be a button you can press to copy your entire character, gear, exp and all, to a new character.

lol.. you probably agree.
It's funny; what you've described is the rune system in D3. You don't need an alt to change up your build.

And yet, I bet the OP *hates* the Rune system, and wants Skill Trees, Skill Points, Permanent Builds, etc, etc.

I played very little D2 and don't have a problem with the way Bliz did skills and runes in D3. If you want my opinion you can ask it, but no need to talk about something you don't like and then try to make me look bad by saying I probably agree with it, unless of course you have no argument against what I've said and are instead trying to misdirect the conversation.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/11/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Locke
no. paragon is free and you are not being forced to level just one character. there are thousands that are level 100 already including myself. we chose to put all our effort in one character before leveling another. that is our choice. you have to earn it and level all characters individually. no cheating. if not why not just have Blizzard create all characters level 60 for you too.

I don't understand why people are so opposed to the idea of the mf/gf being shared...you have a paragon level 100, you should understand the problem better than anyone, the point is if you do play an alt, you lose all that farming ability your paragon level 100 has...and if you continue to play the paragon level 100 char, you're just doing the same thing over and over again, like you've been doing for who knows how many hours. Some of us find that boring.

exactly
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:03 AMPosted by SilentMike69
Since paragon levels were introduced I've probably put in less than 1 or 2 hours combined on my 2 level 60 alts.

You need to change your mindset.
A couple hundred MF doesn't break the game when you have solid gear to farm efficiently.

If you truly can't live without the MF buy/farm a set of gear with that affix.
MF isn't exactly a chase affix anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]