Diablo® III

Bliz please let me play my alts again

View profile
Paragon leveling is not something that was suppose to be a one time for all characters. An account bound thing, no it was there to address a real problem at the time.

You see progress is important in a video game. If players feel that their time is not being rewarded with any real progress then they will not play, period. So what was happening before paragon levels was players were playing for days or even weeks in some cases without any upgrades, They did not get anything useful enough to sell so they could buy their upgrades on the gold auction house. So they felt their time was wasted, they were losing interest. So Blizz introduced paragon leveling.

This way if you have those days where you are not getting anything useful as far as an upgrade or something useful to sell. Now you get extra xp toward the next paragon level. Of course the problem then becomes what does a paragon level 100 do when they are farming and it has been weeks, maybe even a month since their last upgrade or really great drop that they sold. They must get pretty bored with the game. So some of them might take a little time off.
Reply Quote
Paragon leveling is not something that was suppose to be a one time for all characters. An account bound thing, no it was there to address a real problem at the time.

You see progress is important in a video game. If players feel that their time is not being rewarded with any real progress then they will not play, period. So what was happening before paragon levels was players were playing for days or even weeks in some cases without any upgrades, They did not get anything useful enough to sell so they could buy their upgrades on the gold auction house. So they felt their time was wasted, they were losing interest. So Blizz introduced paragon leveling.

This way if you have those days where you are not getting anything useful as far as an upgrade or something useful to sell. Now you get extra xp toward the next paragon level. Of course the problem then becomes what does a paragon level 100 do when they are farming and it has been weeks, maybe even a month since their last upgrade or really great drop that they sold. They must get pretty bored with the game. So some of them might take a little time off.

Paragon leveling was created to address some problems that existed at the time, but I believe it is failing to do so. If I remember correctly, one of the problems they wanted to address was MF gear swapping. They did this by capping magic find and adding the magic find bonus to paragon levels. However, since it takes such a long time to get to paragon 100, and I believe a majority of players have not achieved it, you still need MF gear and thus still have an incentive to MF gear swap. So, it seems paragon is not accomplishing it's purpose. Making paragon account wide would at least help.
Reply Quote
huh, surprised page 1 was full of blizzard supporters. if damage was on skills rather than weapons, magic find from paragon wouldn't be necessary to find loot.
Reply Quote
Making paragon account wide would be pretty stupid.

As people have mentioned already, you might as well ask for all your characters exp/ quests be account wide too.
Reply Quote
Paragon leveling bonuses are not game breaking. Playing an alt that is 60 but paragon zero is hardly a handicap at all
Reply Quote
Paragon leveling is the whole reason players have stuck around with the incentive to reach 100. Removing that incentive in any way is a poor decision for all.

Also, paragon leveling will almost always be easier for an alt because if you already have a level 100 paragon you probably have a good amount of gold to buy good gear for your alt(s) if you weren't fortunate enough to find some useful items along the way to 100.

With the new patch coming up you'll also get more experience and quickly level with that gear you've given your alt.
Reply Quote
Each character is a separate person. Would a combat veteran with years in the Navy Seals and tons of combat experience be able to transfer all of his skill, strength, agility, training, and experience to a new recruit just out of high school? No.
Reply Quote
Not sure why there are so many haters to this idea, sure you should probably be made to put in your work to paragon level 100 one character, but after that I don't think I would want to do it for another character since it takes so long. It would get just too boring to have to do multiple characters.
Reply Quote
If you're too lazy right now to level up your characters as it was intended, take heart. Experience gains will get a massive buff per MP lvl with the next patch.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Agamemnicon
If you're too lazy right now to level up your characters as it was intended, take heart. Experience gains will get a massive buff per MP lvl with the next patch.

This probably isn't going to make it any faster, just more efficient on higher MPs so you can play on different MP if you want instead of being forced to play on MP1 since it's faster.
Reply Quote
I really hate to say this...but the sarcastic self i am.... "Blizzard, i want to play alts again, but i can't due to leveling a character to 60 while my alts are sub 20...please let me be able to make my alts level 60. I already leveled one character to 60...why should i do it again?"
Reply Quote
Paragon 100 on 1 character is crazy. Some over achiever will get 15 characters there legit. I can't wait for all of the grinders to complain about the increase in mp experience. It will still take way too long to get up there. I keep finding new ways to play.. Of I level up cool. I would rather have fun my way then do what everyone else does. The mf/ gf is not worth it to me.. I imagine lots of people just do it because they are completionist and enjoy it. I'm all about alts I just love the monk man. The best class is about to really kick even more !@# this patch
Reply Quote
You know, the reason why your friends who got to 100 stopped playing is most likely because they got burned out. I know the feeling. I just got to 100 recently. Leveling my alt now. But I feel kind of lazy. It's so boring really. What I do now is watch videos while I strafe around. If I even feel like playing.

For me, I don't feel like playing my plvl 100 character anymore. Why? No progress. So if what you suggested comes true, I will play even less. I know I don't represent everyone.

What would be interesting is if there was no plvl cap... Then I wouldn't mind this sharing of plvl so much.
Reply Quote
OP is a lazy bum lol.
Reply Quote
I get bored playing one toon. I switch my gear out from wd to wizz depending on how I feel. Gearing the rest of my toons how I like as the Levels fly by. My barb is getting close to being geared enough to start Gold finding and para lvling him too . Dont limit yourself to one toon. Thats all your choice. Get one good dex set for farming. You got a Dh or Monk to switch from. Get good intell farming gear. You got ether a wd or wizz to go with then. Str is only barb. But if you switch out with your other toons, Its not half as boring! Str gear will act drop sometime somewhere you can use, While lvling the other ones. I got a lvl 100 the way i see it) a 55 wd and a 45 wizz lol. Make the glass half full, not half empty.
Reply Quote
dont be lazy scrub
Reply Quote
View profile
01/12/2013 03:50 AMPosted by TheDomonator
OP is a lazy bum lol.

Or maybe has a job and doesn't have all day to level multiple PLVL 100s while paying for your Obamacare, extended unemployment, and welfare...
Reply Quote
lol i cant believe i wasted my time reading this thread.....
Reply Quote
View profile

Paragon leveling was created to address some problems that existed at the time, but I believe it is failing to do so. If I remember correctly, one of the problems they wanted to address was MF gear swapping. They did this by capping magic find and adding the magic find bonus to paragon levels. However, since it takes such a long time to get to paragon 100, and I believe a majority of players have not achieved it, you still need MF gear and thus still have an incentive to MF gear swap. So, it seems paragon is not accomplishing it's purpose. Making paragon account wide would at least help.

It takes too long! Waaaaah! I want everything right now without having to work for it! The entitlement generation at it's best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]