Diablo® III

Can't get Diablo 3 launcher to work

100 Night Elf Priest
I have the digital download of Diablo 3. It played great when I first played it. Even after first few patches. I stoped playing when World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria came out. I've decided to play Diablo 3 again but when I click the icon to start the game a window just pops up that says. (Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again.) I've done that 3 times now. I know I have internet so that's not the problem.

On another note my wife just bought a new computer and is having the same problem and window saying the same exact thing but while she is trying to download World of Warcraft onto the new computer. We then tried installing WoW with our discs that we have. It did instal fine we think. But as it got to mists of pandaria updates it froze and says the same thing again. (Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again.)

I'm assuming that there is a problem with Blizzards downloading and or updating site.
Edited by Khedrak#1576 on 1/11/2013 9:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Well, you are the only one with the issue right now so I do not think that indicates an issue with Blizzard's site. The problem is most likely with your PCs or software setup somewhere and the key is to finding out where. It could be an issue of account permissions on the PC, firewall, virus software, etc. I am not one of the resident experts on this though so can only point you in the right direction. Hopefully a blue or someone else will come along with more advice.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Its not account permissions on PC, firewall, virus software or network.

Did you read that I haven't played in 4 months, so all you that are still playing most likely won't have the same problem and are most likely playing it just fine.

Also I Had my son update his Diablo 3 and I called my brother and told him to update his Diablo 3 for they stopped playing Diablo 3 to play wow the same time I did. they both get the same problem I do. 5 computers all different and 3 different networks and 2 Blizzard games. We all get same problems.

I updated some other MMO'S (Lotro, PWI and DDO) I haven't played in awhile and they all updated and play fine.

Edit: We also have all Firewall, Proxy, Router and Port Configuration for Blizzard Games to allow access to the game servers.
Edited by Khedrak#1576 on 1/11/2013 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Well the first thing I would do is look in the Logs folders of the battle.net folder to see which file it's having issues downloading. Should be somewhere in there probably in a AgentErrorsxxxxxxx file.

I suspect it's having issues downloading the .tfil file :

http://patchup.info/d3/tfil/NA/

Is there a connection.log file in the Logs folder of the D3 folder ?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
There are no log files in the D3 folder because it's just an installer file named Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer. Has only installer tome files and setupOSX.mpq, setupWin.mpq, and Diablo III Setup application in it.

As for the other, I have the battle.net folder open but unsure where to look. Looked through all the folders in it and can't find a log that specifically says it's having issues with the launcher. Tell me what file you want and I can copy / paste that in to a message.

Edit: I uninstalled the Diablo I had and downloaded a new install file before your reply. It downloaded the install file but even it is doing the same thing as the others. Doesn't download or install anything. Just goes strait to the window saying (Failed to download a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again.) So there isn't much in those files right now.

Edit: The last AgentErrors file in Agent.1363 is:
AgentErrors-20121202-110355939
Says 17:07:35.0170 GameSession: Could not set the process of the pid 4792/child-pid 4792 to the foreground.

The last AgentErrors file in Agent.1544 is:
AgentErrors-20130112-005037352
Says 06:51:02.4721 Updating Error: 2212

I will check the other 2 computers for they still have the old files. For Diablo is also not working on those saying the same as this computer.
Edited by Khedrak#1576 on 1/12/2013 12:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
ok on my other computer C:\ProgramData\Battle.net there are 3 folders Agent, Client and setup.

Agent has: Agent.1363 (Folder)
Argent.1544 (Folder)
Logs (Folder)
Argent.dat (Dat File)
Agent (Data Base File)
Agent (Application)
ErrorReporter (Application)

Client has: Blizzard Launcher.1881 (Folder)
Blizzard Launcher.1949 (Folder)
Logs (Folder)
.agent (Data Base File)
Blizzard Launcher (Application)

Setup has: diablo3_enus (Folder)
wow_beta_enus (Folder)
WoW_enus (Folder)

Where am I to look for that?
Edited by Khedrak#1576 on 1/12/2013 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
01/11/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Saintgabrial
There are no log files in the D3 folder because it's just an installer file named Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer. Has only installer tome files and setupOSX.mpq, setupWin.mpq, and Diablo III Setup application in it.

Hmm.

That's the pre purchase downloader.

What happens when you use the installer of the D3 DVD or the D3 Setup program you download off battle.net account management ?

Also can you make a copy of your battle.net folder . delete all the programs inside . zip it up and upload it somewhere ? Then post the URL here ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]