Diablo® III

Feedback from the peanut gallery

First off, I'd like to say that I'm happy with the improvements to date and continue looking forward to more change. Because I know the CMs pass on suggestions to the Devs when suggestions jive with the overall design goal, i'd like to make a few suggestions. I do not expect a blue reply, just throwing stuff out there to see if any of it sticks.

Monster Power increase could increase more than it does at the moment. Ideas along this line of thinking:
Add affixes to non-elite monsters at higher MP lvls.
Add unique abilities to bosses and mini bosses at higher MP lvls.

The idea here being that increased health and dmg doesn't need to be the only added challenge of increasing monster power. Not all players welcome change but further levels of diversity are good for the replay value of the game. The proposed changes in 1.07 will send many players after bosses they haven't felt a need to kill in many months and it might be refreshing to see those bosses gain some extra teeth with which to eat us with.

More gated content. I feel certain the devs may already be working on Uber versions of the bosses we have yet to see in said instances. Just want to say, i like it and eagerly await more of it.
I'd go so far as to say Uber versions of the mini-bosses could be good. Beef them up with a few mechanics and b/c they are "mini-bosses" and Uber they could have "random" affixes gump-style (you never know what ur gonna get). Saying That "i'd like to see uber versions of lesser minions" doesn't mean I would rather see them than major bosses like Diablo himself just that I like the gameplay option enough to apply it elsewhere in easier to obtain doses as well as harder to obtain doses.

Suggestion for the new item patterns in 1.07:
Instead of just selecting Int, Str, Dex as a main stat allow us to select class at the same time and have a chance for skill increase similar to what some items have already. If those affixes are just randomly added to an item we stand a good chance of getting bad item combos like strength wizard skill or int barb skill and it takes away from the chance for the items to be useful but adding it as a selection option does nothing but increase the usefulness of the items even if the other rolls aren't outstanding.

Rakanoth
Because of this bosses placement in act4 being so close to the beginning of the act, it may be necessary to increase the density of elite minions to allow for players to gain NV-5 stacks. Admittedly, it's been a while since I felt a need to kill him at all. It may be easier to get a 5 stack than I'm thinking it will be but it's the 1st thing I thought when i saw his name. PTR will show if it's true or not I suppose.

Just a few thoughts rattling around in my skull. Maybe a CM will see them, maybe not. In case you do, thanks for the hard work and don't let the nay-sayers get you down.
Reply Quote
Nah, the longer it takes to kill a white named mob, the more fail the game will become.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Urgle
Nah, the longer it takes to kill a white named mob, the more fail the game will become.

You have to think it's "fail" to begin with to think it becomes "more fail".
Challenge doesn't = fail.

I'm not some elitist carrying people in MP10. Just a regular joe playing mostly mp6-7. Game diversity is what I'm asking for in these suggestions. I'm a fan of curve-balls.

White mobs don't have to be named to gain an affix. Things can change outside of a boxed mentality. Think of it this way:
Some games in act 1 will occasionally have Dev-hell. Why couldn't we occasionally start a game where white mobs were more difficult? You'd find out pretty quickly and if it was an increase in reward you might decide it's worth it.
It's just one idea. I understand you don't like it but let it rattle around in your brain for a moment and see if you couldn't find a situation where it added more gameplay. faster farming doesn't need to be the "be all end all" that people believe it to be. There is actual fun to be had in the game besides just farming quickly and anything that slows that down is "bad".
Reply Quote
View profile
Here's my impression. Anytime I wanted to play a game where I was pretty much a God, I'd install Diablo 2 and have at it. We're finally getting that with D3. Don't try to ruin it.

If I have to stop and attack a plain old zombie for more than 1-2 hits, I start to lose interest in playing. I'm supposed to be this uber Nephilim demi-God,. How is this mere half rotted, slack jawed, pathetic Zombie slowing me down? ME who struck down the Lord of Terror. The PRIME evil no less? Pfft.
Reply Quote
Here's my impression. Anytime I wanted to play a game where I was pretty much a God, I'd install Diablo 2 and have at it. We're finally getting that with D3. Don't try to ruin it.

If I have to stop and attack a plain old zombie for more than 1-2 hits, I start to lose interest in playing. I'm supposed to be this uber Nephilim demi-God,. How is this mere half rotted, slack jawed, pathetic Zombie slowing me down? ME who struck down the Lord of Terror. The PRIME evil no less? Pfft.

I get that. Really, i do. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to fly through lower minions. I'm not even saying they should have more health or damage just that it might be a refreshing change to see more of what you play the game for.

It might be a big assumption on my part that you play the game to fight elites and bosses but I think most of us do just that to a greater extent. Why do we do that? b/c they drop loots? b/c they are what is more difficult?
get a 5stack, kill what you started the game for, rinse and repeat. Why not add something in the middle? I'm not even that attached to white monsters having affixes I'm just lobbying for something else beside the rinse repeat we have.

As a freeze wizard I've not even noticed I had multiple packs of elites until I looked at the NV buff afterwards before. In no way am i saying I want that to end, lol. It's nice feeling OP. A little more diversity and challenge couldn't hurt, imo.
Reply Quote
The peanut gallery? Wah wah wah wah, wah-wah!?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]