Diablo® III

Demonic Essence question

View profile
Will they be obtainable through any of the following thing: Goblins, Shiny Chest, event rewards, some purple monsters (linked to event) or from bosses?
Reply Quote
Just yellow/blue elites, unless they omitted the others from the patch preview for some reason.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/12/2013 04:16 PMPosted by GSSShawn
Just yellow/blue elites, unless they omitted the others from the patch preview for some reason.

Well, that's disappointing.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As we noted in our Patch 1.0.7 Preview, Elite monsters in Inferno will have a chance to drop an account-bound crafting reagent called Demonic Essence. We also intend for bosses in Inferno to have a chance to drop Demonic Essences, but that change may not be active until a later PTR build. Elites and bosses will have the same drop rates for Demonic Essences.

Thanks for the great question!
Reply Quote
Just to add to this, on the PTR I had a goblin drop a Demonic Essence
Reply Quote
^ Same was just posting up i had a goblin just drop one as well
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for letting us know!

Those pesky Treasure Goblins weren't intended to be able to drop Demonic Essences, so we'll be checking their pockets behind the scenes to get this bug sorted out. :)

*Edit*

As noted in this follow-up post, we've decided to allow Treasure Goblins to retain their chance to drop a Demonic Essence.
Edited by Vaeflare on 1/15/2013 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Curse you Moshra! Haha :P
Reply Quote
Yay! Glad I could help Vae ^_^
Reply Quote
Thanks for letting us know!

Those pesky Treasure Goblins weren't intended to be able to drop Demonic Essences, so we'll be checking their pockets behind the scenes to get this bug sorted out. :)

IB4 the 'why not leave that, gobs are useless as is' comments
Reply Quote
I love the goblins but in my own humble opinion they sneak and steal everything, I think the Demonic Essence should be allowed to drop on them.

In all intensive purposes they act almost like an elite with the rest of the gear they drop. Gems +lots of blues + a couple rares + tomes. Should leave the esscence in there :)
Reply Quote
I played on the PTR for a while and had a few Demonic Essences drop... and maybe they're just new and I'm not used to seeing them in yellow, but upon first glance of the loot, they get lost among any other rares. This is just nitpicky feedback and solely my opinion, but I might like to see them in a violet color so they stand out more. Or orange (not legendary-orange aka brown). Just something to make them "pop on first drop".

Also, their inventory image looks a bit like the Enchantress token for the Cauldron.
Edited by musemechanic#1334 on 1/15/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
if you can down a goblin in mp8+, good job.
Reply Quote
Has the gem making been improved so we can finially create them faster and not spend hours doing it?
Reply Quote
I love the goblins but in my own humble opinion they sneak and steal everything, I think the Demonic Essence should be allowed to drop on them.

In all intensive purposes they act almost like an elite with the rest of the gear they drop. Gems +lots of blues + a couple rares + tomes. Should leave the esscence in there :)

For future reference the saying is 'intents and purposes' not intensive purposes.
Reply Quote
View profile
Bah the PTR didnt update to latest builds i had in place. What gives?
Edited by FallenSouls#1868 on 1/15/2013 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
PTR's up already?
Reply Quote
Am I the only one that thinks account bound items should stay in wow and stop creeping into diablo?
Reply Quote
NoobSauce - it's better than dealing with the AH, imo. Lesser of two evils, if you will.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]