Diablo® III

Demonic Essence question

01/15/2013 02:39 PMPosted by NoobSauce
Am I the only one that thinks account bound items should stay in wow and stop creeping into diablo?

It's not a wow signature kinda thing, really. You can find account bound items in many JRPG's too.
Reply Quote
Thanks for letting us know!

Those pesky Treasure Goblins weren't intended to be able to drop Demonic Essences, so we'll be checking their pockets behind the scenes to get this bug sorted out. :)

I think you could consider awarding (chance based) demonic essence outside elites and boss. For some random events, you fight a purple monster that drops a lot of items. Killing them, with 5 stacks, should grant you a chance to get essence. There's more random events in the first 2 acts. It would give an incentive for some people to do more events.

Maybe it's the greedy me speaking, but I believe shiny chest should have a small chance of rewarding essence as well.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
After further consideration and discussion, we've decided to allow Treasure Goblins to retain their chance to drop a Demonic Essence. (Those goblins drive a hard bargain!)
Reply Quote
Great! thanks for following up.
Reply Quote
Nice! Goblins in higher MP are a pain and sometimes you just have to skip them.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
After further consideration and discussion, we've decided to allow Treasure Goblins to retain their chance to drop a Demonic Essence. (Those goblins drive a hard bargain!)

even the ones that spawn from a puzzle ring?
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Wow immediate feedback and change of original decision within the day, you won me over today ma'am - thank you!
Reply Quote
If you're taking suggestions here on Demonic Essences -

Can you allow them to combine into different crafting mats? Such as 10 Demonic Essences for a Brimstone, or 1 Demonic Essence for a few Equisite Essences or Tears?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Items i find on PTR like these demonic essences, will i be able to keep them for my main live account in future when the final patch is out?.
Reply Quote
I got one from a goblin.
Reply Quote
I do not mean to necro my own thread, but you said that Goblin will drop demonic essence.
I have a couple of questions concerning this little goodie of a ring.

• Does goblin spawned from Puzzle ring drop demonic essense if you're in Inferno?
  • If yes...
  • Will it be affected by monster power. I'm not talking about ilvl thingy, I'm referring to the chance of dropping demonic essence. If I play on MP 10 (I'm not and I can't), will the goblin have 80% or 20% chance of dropping the essence
  • And...
  • Is there any plans to make this ring a little better? I love the goblin proc, but once I hit team game, barely anyone ever use that. Goblins add some excitement to my routine. If they were made a little more viable outside followers, then team games would be quite fun! Imagine 4 goblins spawning while doing an elite pack! What to do!?
  • Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 1/16/2013 9:32 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2013 05:09 PMPosted by nWc

even the ones that spawn from a puzzle ring?

??? This is a darn good question. Mayhaps you guys were a bit too hasty?
    Reply Quote
    So... U can only use demonic essence to craft pure !@#$ worthless items?
    Good to have if U want to craft 100% useless %^-* and spend some gold on it aswell, on of that its accountbound pure !@#$, so absolutely 100% worthless?
    I got over 700 of em atm.
    I assume dev team will make them useful at some point in the game?
    Reply Quote
    So... U can only use demonic essence to craft pure !@#$ worthless items?
    Good to have if U want to craft 100% useless %^-* and spend some gold on it aswell, on of that its accountbound pure !@#$, so absolutely 100% worthless?
    I got over 700 of em atm.
    I assume dev team will make them useful at some point in the game?

In fact the things they make as far as shoulders, gloves, bracers, and amulets (which, forbid you may have to roll and get) are better than any legendary drop in the game outside of some set bonuses.

Think and research before you post and sound silly.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]