Diablo® III

Monk General help

Hey guys, I need some help with the monk basics I suppose. ATM I am sitting at 1014 resist all, 58.1k hp, 4051 armor, and about 42k dmg (without breath of heaven buff). I also have about 1200 life on hit.

I seem to be able to handle the hits perfectly fine, I've even tried killing packs in mp10 just to see how I would hold up and I do just fine. My obvious problem is dmg. I can rip through mp0 without any trouble killing elite packs in normally 6~ seconds but I want to be able to handle higher mp a little faster.... taking 10 minutes to kill an elite pack isn't exactly enjoyable... even if I don't die once.

My entire gear set cost me about 14mill total and I have about 12mill left. I don't have the option of buying gold from the RMAH.

So on to the questions... I think the skills I am using are right but SW-cyclone really isn't doing much for me due to my horrid crit hit chance. What is the best way to approach improving my damage? Don't spare the details, I haven't been playing in a while so I'm sure there are new things I'm unaware of.

Thanks~!
Reply Quote
Seriously this is a softcore game, its ok to die once in a while in exchange for killing speed. General advice would be to get CC on bracers, CC CD on ammy, avg dmg/ias/cc on both rings, cc/ias/200+ dex on gloves, CD+sockets on weapons.

All of this might not be affordable at once given your budget, but you gotta lose the stats in the long term, settle for around 40k hp, 650 AR, 5000 armor (400k ehp) would be enough to mow through MP 5.

You also need at least 1 LS weapon + 600-1k LOH, or 2 LS weapons, though that might change again in the upcoming patch.
Reply Quote
Any specific items that are a must (like a strongarm bracer or something of the like)?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]