Diablo® III

Best upgrades for 22mil? Currently run mp2-3.

Howdy yall. Wondering if I can get some input on what'd be my best upgrades for having 22mil in gold to spend.

I'm currently doing mp2 a3 runs pretty solidly, and an occasional mp3 when I feel like a struggle.

I do have an alternate setup, which give a little more ehp, but in my use, it seems less effective and makes it a little harder to survive. Have a issue (i'm sure with my technique) of having a hard time sustaining WOTB, and gaining fury fast enough. I know my lacuni and lamentation and different offhand are better for ticks and whatnot, but I just can't make it work as well. Maybe more paper dps gives me more life returned on hit, I dunno. I'll attach pics of the alternate gear below.

Appreciate the suggestions yall!

Lacuni: http://tinyurl.com/a6motea
Lamentation: http://tinyurl.com/a5mjnem
Alternate Off Hand 1: http://tinyurl.com/ausgtld
Alternate Off Hand 2: http://tinyurl.com/az69kz2
Edited by DieselFumes#1998 on 1/15/2013 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why is sky splitter in OH? You want high MH damage for RLTW.
EDIT: wtf that first alternate OH is awesome! Put your SS in main hand and rock that in OH.

Anyway, solid upgrades for cheap (as in you could do all of them for 22m) would be
1) IK Belt with 160+ Str
2) IK Helm with 160+ Str and 6% ICC or Mempo with 175/9/12
3) Switch Sky splitter to MH and get dagger with 200 Str/80 ICD/OS for OH
4) You absolutely have to get average damage on jewelry with barb - trust me and spend 2 million on a unity with 55+ average damage (search for it and sort by AD - there's a bug which hides the min dmg affix if the item rolls min-max) and 160 strength. Your dps will explode.
5) I would not switch to Lacuni Prowlers until you're very wealthy. Only ones under 50 million which could beat a 3m rare (just in terms of dps) would have 60 str, 4% crit, 9% IAS, and then you lose tons of EHP.

Comments on your technique:
1) Taking Bloodthirst over the armor passive seems like a no-brainer if you're concerned with survivability.
2) You seem pretty set on IAS, which might be a result of reading old advice. If you don't use LOH, the fury gain from increased ticks/sec is counterbalanced by increased fury cost for ww. If you want tons of attack speed, it's much easier to get it on your weapons: i.e. use Echoing Fury MH and a dagger or sky splitter. If you absolutely must have IAS on all your gear, then get higher APS weapons, which benefit far more from IAS than an axe with 1.3 aps. I would focus more on getting 45 AD on each jewelry slot and 55 crit chance (buffed) with 400 ICD before trying for anything more than 25% IAS from your gear. The reasoning is simple: crit chance is better for fury generation than IAS. Once you have all this crit chance, you'd be a fool not to stack the hell out of ICD.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
Thanks a TON Zhentil! Your advice has certainly helped. Can definitely tell an improvement. Seem to survive much better with bloodthirst over tough-as-nails. Forgot that I had this other MH weap which gave me more dmg than that Sky Splitter. Spent ~7 mil, and have 15mil after new rings, and IK helm. Sitting at 447k ehp now (over 300k prior), 55 ICC, 452 ICD, 15 IAS, 409 AR.

Not convinced yet whether IK gloves would benefit me over my current Sage's. I think every other "cheap" upgrade I've done already, now I'm sure my next upgrade will need to be one of the relatively expensive kind. I'm thinking ammy, possibly a different bracer. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Penny for your thoughts
Reply Quote
View profile

2) You seem pretty set on IAS, which might be a result of reading old advice. If you don't use LOH, the fury gain from increased ticks/sec is counterbalanced by increased fury cost for ww. If you want tons of attack speed, it's much easier to get it on your weapons: i.e. use Echoing Fury MH and a dagger or sky splitter. If you absolutely must have IAS on all your gear, then get higher APS weapons, which benefit far more from IAS than an axe with 1.3 aps. I would focus more on getting 45 AD on each jewelry slot and 55 crit chance (buffed) with 400 ICD before trying for anything more than 25% IAS from your gear. The reasoning is simple: crit chance is better for fury generation than IAS. Once you have all this crit chance, you'd be a fool not to stack the hell out of ICD.

This is bad advice.

If you want to permawrath you need IAS and CC. Exactly how much IAS is determined by which weapons you choose and which attacks per sec breakpoints you are trying to hit. My opinions on the issue: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248.
Reply Quote
Thanks a TON Zhentil! Your advice has certainly helped. Can definitely tell an improvement. Seem to survive much better with bloodthirst over tough-as-nails. Forgot that I had this other MH weap which gave me more dmg than that Sky Splitter. Spent ~7 mil, and have 15mil after new rings, and IK helm. Sitting at 447k ehp now (over 300k prior), 55 ICC, 452 ICD, 15 IAS, 409 AR.

Not convinced yet whether IK gloves would benefit me over my current Sage's. I think every other "cheap" upgrade I've done already, now I'm sure my next upgrade will need to be one of the relatively expensive kind. I'm thinking ammy, possibly a different bracer. Thoughts?
I didn't see those sage's. I'd agree that they're better than cheap IK irons. Your next upgrade should be your MH weapon. Your strength to MH weapon dps ratio is about 3:1 right now, meaning that you could probably gain dps by trading all the strength for 100 dps.

If you have 15 million to spend, I'd invest 10 million in a new MH. With that kind of budget, there are three good options: I'd recommend mace over axe because the aps differential between MH and OH benefits WW/RltW dps. For budgeting reasons, I'd recommend not looking for strength, since comparably priced items seem to be a net loss dps-wise if you insist on strength.

1) 950 dps mace with 85+ ICD and open socket
2) 1200 dps mace with OS
3) 1140 dps Echoing fury with OS (these are cheap if you're willing to take dex over str)

After that, the order in which to upgrade would be
2) IK Belt with 175 str, 78+ AR and 3% LS (2 million)
3) Shoulders - if you go Blackthorne's 2-piece, you have enough Vit. Try to get either a rare with 240 Str, 75 AR, and either 50 vit or 7% Life bonus - OR, a Vile Ward with 230 str and 78 AR (no vit/life%)
4) Bracers with 80 str/ 80 vit/ 75 AR/ 5.5% ICC

And the final upgrade which is possible without breaking the bank would be your left ring. This isn't urgent, but I think it's possible to get 5k dps without spending more than 2 million. If you look at my right ring, that was 4 million. Options which wouldn't cost more than 2 million would be along the lines of
1) 45 average damage, 60 str, 4.5% ICC and either IAS or ICD
2) 50 average damage, 4.5% ICC and 8-9% IAS or 45% ICD (no str)
Reply Quote

This is bad advice.

If you want to permawrath you need IAS and CC. Exactly how much IAS is determined by which weapons you choose and which attacks per sec breakpoints you are trying to hit.

YMMV, but I disagree completely. First of all, permawrath is easy with 60% crit and 1.8 aps - get full fury and then chain spam HotA. If you mean that you want permawrath without using HotA, and with just chaining trash from elite pack to elite pack with RltW, I would agree it's close to impossible without high APS. But it's damn hard period - I've been at 75% crit with 2.5 aps on the slow weapon, and there are very few zones where this is possible.

But here are the raw facts - for fixed ICC and tps, crits per second goes up the same by raising either by a fixed %. It is FAR easier to do this with ICC than IAS until you get to about 65% buffed crit chance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]