Diablo® III

Can i change USD to SGD? to buy SC2?

Hi Guys im from Australia here and want to get sc2 to try out but need to exchange from USD to SGD to be able to purchase Starcraft2. Anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks in Advance.
Reply Quote
If you want to try out SC2, why not download the trial version?

Otherwise the currency exchange is not necessary. SC2 will have global play so you don't need to buy multiple versions - similar to what D3 has now with regions.

I bought Heart of the Swarm using profits from the RMAH which was in USD. The upgrade applied to both US and SEA versions although the SEA upgrade doesn't show on the game list.

There is a possible catch though - if you buy in USD, you may only be able to buy the US version thus you have access only to the US servers. The system may not recognise that you are entitled to a SEA license as well thus server access to the SEA region. But that will change when they roll out global play some time in the next 2 months.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/16/2013 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tx HS for the replay.... i got the game but had to create a ticket and chat to the live support team and they manage to charge the game to my account so happy with service!!!
Reply Quote
It automatically converts it if you charge via paypal or credit card. Which i think are the only options.
Reply Quote
so you bought Sc2 with USD from RMAH in Asian Region?how did you do that?i'm planing to buy the game myself but i'm a little wonder about the whole currency thing
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
05/25/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Vanebuster
so you bought Sc2 with USD from RMAH in Asian Region?how did you do that?i'm planing to buy the game myself but i'm a little wonder about the whole currency thing

Since the new expansion SC2 has global play enabled, so it doesn't matter which version you buy you can switch between all the servers.

*Note: This does not apply to the Russian version, it is Russian only(don't buy it)
Reply Quote
You don't understand.in blizzard digital store,starcraft 2 can only show SGD price,so I don't know USD currency can buy the game.I have 40$ now and I'm wondering if I can buy it or not.
Edited by Vanebuster#6279 on 5/26/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Ah ok, it shows in SGD because of your location, SGD cannot buy the USD version because of costs(blizzard lock it this way).

So no you won't be able to use USD currency to purchase it.

It's a little weird but yeah sorry mate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]