Diablo® III

Hoping for a WD pvp nerf

Before judgements know that I AM A WITCH DOC. I enjoy playing under used classes and if it stays like it is EVERYONE will roll WD.

Anyone else scared that we won't be the outcasts anymore?
Reply Quote
OUR TURN BABBYY!

But in all seriousness, no. Since 1.0.7 is only in PTR anything can change.

This is still diablo, so more buffs less nerfs.

If they implement damage reduction in duels things might change. Besides DH are doing quite well in duels, nerfing WDs is not kewl.
Reply Quote
We dont need nerf, we need balanced PVP.

I mean, our skills are working like they should work. IMO, the moment players setp inside pvp arena, they should have their DPS capped. If every1 hit max for 5k/10k, pvps would last much longer...

The way it is now, you can get 1 shoted by any other class. The "major problem" is that DH can stay immune/hidden for like 80% of the time and we have spirit walk/vessel.
Reply Quote
PVP is going to change dramaticly and its not going to last all that long, i mean... seriously how much fun is a 3 second battle. people are dinking with it now on PTR because some people really enjoy PVP but lets face it.

It adds nothing.
You gain nothing.
You loose nothing.

after a short while the three second battle facination will simply go away till more realisitic PVP comes into play.
Reply Quote
Lol. Depending how much you got hit, duels in D2 lasted of very similar length. That is, unless you were a Paladin, Barb, or WW Assassin -_-

WD isn't imbalanced at all. People just haven't all gotten around to stacking CC reduction on their gear yet. If anything needs to be hit hard, it's the way Smokescreen functions for DH. They should still be able to take damage if an AoE move hits them or something. They are invisible not invincible.

In any case, PvP isn't really meant to be taken that seriously - just for fun. Just wait and see how stuff goes.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 1/17/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
PVP is going to change dramaticly and its not going to last all that long, i mean... seriously how much fun is a 3 second battle. people are dinking with it now on PTR because some people really enjoy PVP but lets face it.

It adds nothing.
You gain nothing.
You loose nothing.

after a short while the three second battle facination will simply go away till more realisitic PVP comes into play.

While I agree that this is rather pointless I feel that it will still be popular as it is no different from D2 pvp. A one shot fest that stayed around. Seeming as no structured pvp is anywhere near to being developed it will become a pretty important aspect of the game. Maybe im overeacting that people will main WD because of it.
Reply Quote
View profile
and why would you want a nerf to WD? who cares if more people will roll WD's? I started a WD about a month ago because I (and many of my d3 friends) believed that the WD with all its snares, invulnerability, pets etc would be an OP class in PvP. Luckily this has come to fruition.

We still lag badly behind barbs when it comes to farming efficiency

lets just have fun and enjoy the WD for what it is. It seems from the skillset that we were tailor made for dueling. WE are what we are
Reply Quote
[quote="75914306214"While I agree that this is rather pointless I feel that it will still be popular as it is no different from D2 pvp. A one shot fest that stayed around. Seeming as no structured pvp is anywhere near to being developed it will become a pretty important aspect of the game. Maybe im overeacting that people will main WD because of it.[/quote]

D2 you collected ears so you got something out of it. Was a silly ear but it was something.
Reply Quote
View profile
If Bliz keeps just a single map for PvP and FFA only... it will be 2 weeks and you will be bored out of your mind with dueling. I played it for 3 hours and already am bored.
Reply Quote
View profile
i think all that needs to change is a nerf to smoke screen lol, and let barbs start at half fury after death.

im also finding fights are lasting quite long already, like over 1min against skilled opponents. so I hope they dont nerf dmg. though an OPTION for the player to nerf dmg as they get in the arena would be cool.
Reply Quote
yeah OP... let me be frank.

So you do testing then come back and say we need nerfs after 2 days of ptr...

gimme a break...

so far i have run into an unkillable barb already, even with my 260k dps. Dh are super annoying...

and man, zeckro's 0s dogs build is pretty insane too.

i also get 1 shotted every time a wiz gets withini 40m of me.

so yeah, you can please simmer down now, young wotus.

its balanced.

i didnt even mention stupid monks that perma stun you.
Reply Quote
I will upload my WD this weekend hopefully to the ptr. I am just curious why so many are using litany's and soj's other then soj's bonus to a certain skill I was hearing that tests showed that the elite damage did not apply to players after some had tested it which means not only the 30 percent on soj's but also the -6 - -7 damage reduction from elites on litany would be useless too. Has anyone tested the elite status on soj's and all since a friend said they tested it and the elite damage issue does not count toward players. Any feedback - anyone?
Reply Quote
no. play against better people who learn to adapt it's not as off balanced as you think it is unless you are playing a bunch of dimwits who never charge there specs or behaviors to adapt to the situation
Reply Quote
why should they be nerfed?
not wds fault that all these dummys made dps chars and have garbage defenses
Reply Quote
why should they be nerfed?
not wds fault that all these dummys made dps chars and have garbage defenses

the dummies are the ones that tanked up. It's still just a stun 1-3 shot fest no matter how you are geared.
Reply Quote
the ones complaining are dual weilding barbs with 300k+ dps and 600res so idk
they will nerf pvp dmgs and def> dps
Reply Quote
my barb does ok, the only issue is cool down and resources when both are good to go he basically can kill anything then when i run out or my spells are in cool down he is worthless for about 2 minutes
Reply Quote
I had a guy literally laugh at me 2 weeks ago when I was leveling a WD. Who's laughing now !@#$%?
Reply Quote
Really it can't be considered yet. Many classes still aren't geared at all towards pvp and when other classes start using sheilds and helm of commands things might change a bit.
Reply Quote
Months and months at the bottom of the barrel and now we're (arguably) at the top. It's not like we don't deserve some time on top owning it up but you're right, something will need to be done.

Fortunately, a damage reduction change is most certainly coming across the table and may affect some classes more than others. With barbs getting fixed for PvP too most likely, I think we'll have to wait and see.

PvP is young and when things are competitive, they evolve VERY fast. Give and time and let's see what Blizz does based on the PTR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]