Diablo® III

PvP Video - 1 Barb slaughters 3 DHs

No idea why so many people still complain about barbs in PvP. With enough EHP, there is no enemy we have to fear! Not even high dps glass cannon DHs. So get your hands on the right gear and start farming glass cannons in publics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJClL5UorGw&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
Incredible stuff.

For those interested: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/quabbe-2336/DonPiano/157822
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 1/17/2013 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Public yes.. I can tank excatly like you in a few public games. Slaughtering them most time. Not excatly as good as what you did, but everything was a breeze.

But top DH probably no... I get ko by kamikaze (top DH) really quickly.. As fast as 2secs if not lucky.. Some lucky WT can still net mi some kills though. And rend dont seems to kill him easily. You can try him out if you want.

Anyway nice job. Your video Will surely bring lots of confidence to barbs. :)
Reply Quote
Makes sense , an anti range barb will be geared different but cant do !@#$ against a melee barb , but then again now , a melee barb cant catch a weapon throw barb that has so much mobility
Reply Quote
That's sick...is the gear the same as what acrimony linked to?
Reply Quote
I got to say though, I don't think that this is the prototypical Barbarian. At least not the Barbarian I envision this class to be. I see the Barbarian as someone who can take a massive hit and give it right back.

I find that the real problem overall is that unlike the Witch Doctors or Demon Hunters, we don't have a pet that does any measurable damage. In addition, we don't have environmental damage attacks like Haunt, slow-time, etc. All of our attacks are brute force input attacks that require the victim to be within melee range. Secondly, our attacks are linear and single target. The Demon Hunters have the ability to use Hungering Arrows or Multi-Shot; we get one shot. The Monks have a seven-sided strike attack that does near-overwhelming damage. Witch Doctors have the ability to poison dart everything with the multi-shot rune.

It doesn't help that our resource for our most basic attacks like throw is empty at the start of a duel. We need to generate it quickly.

One could make the argument that we have Unforgiving and the utility of using the five-piece IK set, but that narrows the versatility of Barbarian builds.

Pretty disappointing overall. But it's good to see that the tanks are making another comeback.
Reply Quote
Hm... I just did something similar vs 2 DHs and uploaded a video here:
http://youtu.be/x7dxtHW5Vgg

I wasn't originally geared with EHP in mind but changed up a bit with a 34% block Stormshield and some EHP rings. The result was quite good. The block helped a lot.

The build I used was this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fckUXi!hcU!babbYZ

Nice one OP.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 09:38 PMPosted by silverfire
That's sick...is the gear the same as what acrimony linked to?

Not exactly the same, but 90%.

But top DH probably no... I get ko by kamikaze (top DH) really quickly

I had so many fights vs. DHs yet and not a single DH was able to kill me more often than I killed him. Including 350k+ dps DHs (without SS) and Nats legecy DHs (which seems even weaker than the new one). It's not, that I kill them all and they can't kill me. There is a balance between two well geared PvP chars and the same balance exists between tanks and glasscannons. I take them down with a few shots and they have a chance to take me down with a few shots. But here comes lifereg into the play. When they give me the chance to reg my life with 4.6k per second, usually they lose.

Makes sense , an anti range barb will be geared different but cant do !@#$ against a melee barb , but then again now , a melee barb cant catch a weapon throw barb that has so much mobility

High dps barbs are killable aswell. Barbs with similar EHP and DPS are not. Monk tanks I haven't met yet. But there is an unwritten law between two tanks in one game: I can't kill you and you can't kill me, so let's kick those glass cannons asses together! And I promise you, thats always a lot of fun. :) :)
Reply Quote
But those dhs are doing a lot of red flags in that battle. Then it was not really like 3v1 because all 3 dh are still hitting one another even if they focus fire the barb.

Still a very impressive barb.
Reply Quote
Do you think a high regen ( 500 regen ) IK armour or a 12% life IK is better ?
Reply Quote
He's using Sky Splitter axe that can proc smite (stun). Looks like Weapon Throw with high EHP is the best build for barbs in PVP. Has anyone tried to use Sky Splitter(Stun) + Azurewrath(Freeze) with Throwing Hammer WT (Stun) and Stagger Seismic Slam (Stun) skills?
Edited by Satisfied#6102 on 1/17/2013 10:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
few days ago, I sold my open socket Splitter for 5 mil.

Ouch... - -;;
Reply Quote
Eh we'll see how well weapon throw stuns work when they implement the 30% reduced CC time in pvp, and people have a few pieces of CC reduction, then anything lower than 0.5 sec is completely ignored.

:(
Reply Quote
View profile
Great Vid Quabbe!
Reply Quote
Eh we'll see how well weapon throw stuns work when they implement the 30% reduced CC time in pvp, and people have a few pieces of CC reduction, then anything lower than 0.5 sec is completely ignored.

:(

I thought the completely ignored means 0.5sec stun will still proc. But no further reduction will be reduced? That means no 0.3secs or 0.4secs stun. Min stun will remain at 0.5secs?? Correct me if i am wrong.
Reply Quote
Good barbs was by far the most difficult match-up for me on my Legacy Nats DH :(
Reply Quote
wow great video

cant wait to pvp
Reply Quote
Interesting, but those DH seem to be using the wrong tactics. If played correctly, a Barb might not have a chance. Ask Uberjager for his opinion on the matter lol.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 12:41 AMPosted by Iria
Interesting, but those DH seem to be using the wrong tactics. If played correctly, a Barb might not have a chance. Ask Uberjager for his opinion on the matter lol.

Why? Has he found someone else to plagiarise?
Reply Quote
Hmmmm I can tell you that weapon throw + SOJ is probably going to be popular with barbs, cause I have one but have not tried pvp yet. Then again those DH he was going up against were actually under 100k dps because they were buffed on paper. They actually did very little dmg. So still waiting to see video with some more info about this. I crit 500k-600k on average on multishot which can shoot throw walls and things with my DH. I wonder how this fairs with the barb build shown here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]