Diablo® III

PvP Video - 1 Barb slaughters 3 DHs

01/18/2013 12:55 AMPosted by fminthehood
Hmmmm I can tell you that weapon throw + SOJ is probably going to be popular with barbs, cause I have one but have not tried pvp yet. Then again those DH he was going up against were actually under 100k dps because they were buffed on paper. They actually did very little dmg. So still waiting to see video with some more info about this. I crit 500k-600k on average on multishot which can shoot throw walls and things with my DH. I wonder how this fairs with the barb build shown here.

Best build I've found so far (with my inferior equipment):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fZkXVd!Zef!bZaZcb

Evasive fire has HUGE range (can hit targets in the upper left and right corners if you can see them) and does not reveal your position like moving projectiles do since it leaves no tracer beyond the few feet in front of the DH. Also, this projectile is instant and cannot be outrun, or out-maneuvered. Covering Fire rune for less precise aiming and multiple targets. Lastly, in an emergency, the back flip does trigger Tactical Advantage's movement boost.

Impale has a huge damage burst and travels very fast. Chemical Burn adds more damage and ignores dodge! Yes, you can shoot someone and have them dodge it but they will still get the DoT! For 30 Hatred, this is a good skill, even better if you can find equipment to reduce its cost.

Sentry is a good trap piece as well as a scouting tool, you can see if the trap sees someone as it will start shooting them, and doing this does not reveal your position! Spike Trap is good too but since enemies can see them, they can easily walk around them; this makes Sentry the better trap. Spitfire Turret adds more DPS as the other runes don't seem to add much utility in a 1-shot fest.

Smokescreen, Lingering Fog. Enough said, moving on.

Preparation, Backup Plan is great if you don't have a legacy Natalya's set since it adds a great deal of discipline over the long run.

Vault is a great mobility tool, especially with Tactical Advantage. Tumble just reduces the cost to allow more frequent vaults. Avoid using Trail of Cinders as this will reveal your direction of vaulting since you should usually vault after a smokescreen (also, most players don't stand in the fire).

There you have it!
Reply Quote
Nice work but can the OP beat WDs without WOTB?
Reply Quote
I think I bought the best mara amulet ever created for a pvp barb lol, -5 weapon throw and 311 life reg.. -.-
Reply Quote
lol throw barb is the best barb hh u make me laught. give up some ehp go 2h scary skorn i saw a barb dont remember his name para lvl 90+ and 7 i tihnk had 2 hand skorn with 1500 dps 300+ str ls just stun and 1 shot with hota - smash
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 01:52 AMPosted by shay
lol throw barb is the best barb hh u make me laught. give up some ehp go 2h scary skorn i saw a barb dont remember his name para lvl 90+ and 7 i tihnk had 2 hand skorn with 1500 dps 300+ str ls just stun and 1 shot with hota - smash

Yea.. you try doing that to a monk. HOTA Miss!
No more fury. LOL!
You makes me laugh instead.

Rend works better!
Reply Quote
No idea why so many people still complain about barbs in PvP. With enough EHP, there is no enemy we have to fear! Not even high dps glass cannon DHs. So get your hands on the right gear and start farming glass cannons in publics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJClL5UorGw&feature=youtu.be

very nice, add me in game and lets try it out
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 12:48 AMPosted by acrimony
Interesting, but those DH seem to be using the wrong tactics. If played correctly, a Barb might not have a chance. Ask Uberjager for his opinion on the matter lol.

Why? Has he found someone else to plagiarise?

Such angst. Lol, tell me when you're done with puberty.

@Iria

I've played with you. I daresay that there isn't a barb in this world that can hit you ._.

@OP,

Those DHs are derps. A DH that stands still and allows you to hit them isn't a really good representation of the population.

With really good DH's you're not going to stand a chance. Even if you use WoTB refresh and #YOLO them, they're not guaranteed kills.

I've PvPed REVRAC, and countless other DHs that have ridiculous stats (300k DPS, 80-100k life) and Legacy Nats DH with 300k dps.

They're difficult. More often than not you have to hit and run. Use corners to your advantage. Juke them. The only skill that works against most DHs is Rend, mainly because most of them will spam Smokescreen and although rend will not deal damage while they're in smokescreen rend will still apply and they WILL take damage after the smokescreen ends.

With rend applied most DHs will be forced to spam smokescreen to prevent themselves from dying. An exception to this would be DH's like REVRAC who can actually tank rend. :( or Nats DH who can spam Smokescreen.

After spamming smokescreen most of them would be out of discipline. That's when you can kill them. (That's if you survived)

Make them come to you. The only time you can afford to rush a DH is when Ignore pain and Relentless is active, because you'll negate alot of damage with both and you might take the DH offguard.
Reply Quote
Those DHs are derps. A DH that stands still and allows you to hit them isn't a really good representation of the population.

Make them come to you. The only time you can afford to rush a DH is when Ignore pain and Relentless is active, because you'll negate alot of damage with both and you might take the DH offguard.

I agree with the first comment. As for luring the DH, I have to play very cautiously and sneaky. Also, I don't attack a Barb when I see their little shields up (Ignore Pain) as my damage is being wasted and I would need to use Smokescreen to approach and retreat, a waste of resources. Instead, if I see that buff, I retreat for a few seconds until it wears off while I save my resources afterword.

I also employ the build I mentioned earlier in this post. Stealth and sniping seems to work great against most classes. I only have serious problems when I fight Witch Doctors (Haunt is very very dangerous and very easy to apply to a DH), Wizards (Storm Armor is very dangerous and can kill from 50 yards away!) and other Demon Hunters (with superior equipment; but build wise, against DH mine seems to do fine).
Edited by Iria#1342 on 1/18/2013 9:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
REVRAC

I had nightmares last night.
Edited by FeRMi#1453 on 1/18/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 09:07 AMPosted by FeRMi
REVRAC

LOL, I wish I had gear even remotely good like his; I'd take just his EHP with just my DPS.
Reply Quote
REVRAC is a good friend of mine and we've been playing together for a long time - he's a very good player with great gear. I play both a barb and DH so I'd like to think I know their dynamics well and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. In the standpoint of a barb, facing off with a DH that has good tactics and the right gear, it can become a big challenge. Some of them (high DPS/high eHP) can be formidable opponents and can be very tough to take down.
Edited by Beast#1449 on 1/18/2013 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Can you tell more on your gears setup?

130k hp, 800 all resist, 56k unbuff dps are no average barb at all.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Iria

LOL, I wish I had gear even remotely good like his; I'd take just his EHP with just my DPS.

At least you're not a barb who dual wield's black damage weapons that are about to get nerfed. >_> It's going to be even harder for me to kill people.

Also Revrac's 1.8M ehp tanks crit rends. 1on1 with ease. It takes 2 barbs to kill him.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 09:07 AMPosted by FeRMi
REVRAC

*shiver*
Reply Quote
Lol, nice.

@ Beast: I'd settle for your gear too lol. Also, once 2v2 teams are out, would you want to team up with my tanky tank Barb who can't die but can CC and lure out enemies and safely scout while not adding much to the death total lol?
Reply Quote
Lol, nice.

@ Beast: I'd settle for your gear too lol. Also, once 2v2 teams are out, would you want to team up with my tanky tank Barb who can't die but can CC and lure out enemies and safely scout while not adding much to the death total lol?

I already have a PvP team, thanks though :)

The team includes Revrac and other top DH's. When team deathmatch gets closer (if it ever comes), we'll be opening up for recruitment.
Reply Quote
I wish my DH could be part of your team but I need serious gear help to even compete at that level. It truly is a shame some of the best skilled players (better than you or I) might not have the gear to compete. I wonder if Blizzard will release a preset gear mode where all players must play with a default set of equipment and thus be a test of skill rather than paycheck (or luck if you didn't use RMAH).
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Iria
I wish my DH could be part of your team but I need serious gear help to even compete at that level. It truly is a shame some of the best skilled players (better than you or I) might not have the gear to compete. I wonder if Blizzard will release a preset gear mode where all players must play with a default set of equipment and thus be a test of skill rather than paycheck (or luck if you didn't use RMAH).

You will never see those players. They're busy getting paid to play Dota 2/HoN.

I made a thread about a mirror gear option that got 0 responses. People are just casuals that want P2W.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 09:38 AMPosted by FeRMi

You will never see those players. They're busy getting paid to play Dota 2/HoN.

I made a thread about a mirror gear option that got 0 responses. People are just casuals that want P2W.

^Exactly. I don't foresee D3 getting to that level of competitive PvP compared to some of the other games on the market..
Reply Quote
I've used Azure with throwing hammer and cold soj, it works really well if you already have high dps gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]