Diablo® III

Crafting/Economy/Gear/AH Proposal in 1 Easy Step

The following proposal would aid in more gold spent towards crafting, lower the overall gold in the economy, lower auction house min/maxing requirements, suggest more in-game time, force the use of more in-game upgrades, reduce the pay-to-win influences, give people something to look forward to (in game event).

I propose that this can be accomplished by turning the AH in a single week per month server wide. The amount of auction slots will be bumped up to 20, item posting will work the exact same except end of AH cycle will remove all items from the AH back to the management hub at weeks end. Gems and items like however will not count towards auction house slots.

This mechanic will force in game gold to be typically spent by crafting as there will be no significant gold dumps, prioritize item posting (people will likely break down all sub-par gear for crafting mats), force people to use in game upgrades for a certain span or trade with individuals. In addition it will reduce the pay to win mechanic by giving a "window" of opportunity rather than an open door policy.

I believe this addition would give more of a sense of in-game excitement to items found as well as something to look forward to rather than just cheapen the sense of earned vs taken.

I invite all to weigh in on the merits of this proposal.
Reply Quote
Yeah they need to do something to spice up the auction house. It just feels like a gigantic cesspool. Be it ladders, turning the AH into an event or raising the bar on the minimum price of AH sales.
Reply Quote
I am a level 60 Barbarian with 250% magic find and I still hardly get anything worth keeping or selling. The AH has provided me with the tools to defeat the forces of evil. I just wish the drops in the game were better so that I wasn't forced to go on massive gold digs or be forced to pay more $. The alternative is to get stuck in a certain level or beg a friend with a stronger character to get you through the rough spot.

I think the AH is a good idea, but the limitation on items that can be sold at once is a bit ridiculous. I agree with JuGG. If you put an item up for auction and it doesn't sell after the prerequisite time, perhaps it should disappear off the inventory so people don't keep listing the same items cluttering the AH with the stuff nobody wants.

I find another problem with the item drops is that after a certain point in the game everything that drops requires level 60. Perhaps if the item drops had more level variations such as in Diablo II it would give more excitement to finding certain items.

As far as the set items go, most legendary stuff can do much better even with the added bonuses for multiple pieces.
Reply Quote
I think the AH is a good idea, but the limitation on items that can be sold at once is a bit ridiculous. I agree with JuGG. If you put an item up for auction and it doesn't sell after the prerequisite time, perhaps it should disappear off the inventory so people don't keep listing the same items cluttering the AH with the stuff nobody wants.

I think you misinterpreted my intentions here. Nothing changes with the current setup of posts dropping off after expired sales time, it just forces people to think about what they will actually post because the time-frame is just a week long, meaning people will be saving their best few drops for weeks at a time to post them in the AH. Thus leading to a better overall posting yield of higher caliber items during a monthly "AH event".

I can understand why Diablo put in gear with crappy stats (vast majority of items by the way), considering how easy it is to trade between people (AH), otherwise everyone would be running around in gear that trivialized the game thus creating no actual replay worth mentioning. It's far from a perfect system, but for the the current model it does it's job.

I'm totally on board with your mention of legendary and set items that should have a semblance of being decent at least. However I would like to keep this topic focused primarily on what people believe a change like this would bring to D3, for the better? For the worse? Please people tell me your thoughts on the matter.
Edited by JuGG#1603 on 1/17/2013 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like the idea, but I think you'll run into a number of AH Tycoons who will not agree. I've read some people like the AH more than the game.
Reply Quote
I agree that those people are out there, however do you think that Blizzard should tailor themselves to the people who just read line by line of items or those who actually play the game? This question sounds rhetorical, but blizzard should answer it anyways.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]