Diablo® III

So, you must be in MP10 to get good gear?

View profile
am I correct on the title?
Reply Quote
View profile
am I right?

What I want to know, is it even possible to find gear in MP1 for example?
Reply Quote
It's very possible to find the best items on mp0. All higher mp does is increase your magic find+bonus items(so more legendaries).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
am I right?

What I want to know, is it even possible to find gear in MP1 for example?

Found a Chantodo's Will in MP1, that sold for 120 million...so I would say yes.
Reply Quote
No. Know someone who played MP0 and got a Mempo with Cc and sold for 125USD a couple of months back. All my alt gear is found between MP3-MP6 and found a Inna chest that I sold recently for 50M+, couple of high STR Ice Climbers, etc...

As everyone is saying, it is just all RNG to see who is lucky enough to get a drop that can sell or self-use... Higher MP means more lotto tickets to get leg with more affixes.
Reply Quote
Yes, friendo. It's possible, but the probability is just significantly smaller. But anything you can find in mp10 you could get in mp1 - statistically speaking, however, you'll have to play for a lot longer to get it in mp1.
Reply Quote
I get great gear in monster power 1.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've been running MP0 and MP1 and have gotten NOTHING, just like old times lol. (I just started playing this game again yesterday for the first time since July I think.) I think I left right after 1.04 because I remember paragon levels but nothing after that.

It just seems nothing drops in MP0, just like old times, it also seems like nothing drops in MP1. So I'm just curious if you have to be in MP10 to get anything. since I left in July, my 35K DPS monk was pretty good then lol. Now it seems you have to be 150K DPS, WOW! how do I do that? lol. I got him up to 52K DPS today, but much more is gonna be expensive upgrades. lol.

Like can you find decent stuff in MP1 or MP2 as opposed to MP0? Or does that much difference, not make much difference?
Reply Quote
friend found a 500m tal armor mp0

i believe higher mp levels are just assurance for keys/organs. no reason to go up if you can't be efficient.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 10:33 PMPosted by AntonChigur

No.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 10:33 PMPosted by AntonChigur

Your title is a question. So, I guess you have asked correctly.
Reply Quote
High mp levels are only god for getting key's for a infernal machine OR getting the organs for a hellfire ring. Higher mp levels do nothing for your legendary's, found the worst zuni chest in mp-8 today literally had the lowest stats possible on it plus thorns. High MP levels DO NOT mean better loot OR rolls on gear. Of course this is in my experience.
Reply Quote
frostburn gauntlet was enough to keep me away from mp10. was bad enough i unplug my compie and went to sleep ._.
Reply Quote
View profile
I only played MP10 twice and dies every time I tried.

No, roll on item will not get better but playing with MP will give you a higher chance of better drop; +1 loot per kill, and more MF. Play with MP1 will guarantee all monster are lvl63 so they drop the best gear in the game.
Reply Quote
View profile
To answer your question, no. Good gear can drop on any monster power so it is best to play on a setting where you can quickly take down mobs. Don't ignore trash mobs either since that's where most of my set items came from.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9161/dhinf1.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6168/monkinf0.jpg
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2333/wizinf3.jpg

Notice the first two dropped on MP0 and MP1 respectively. Sometimes, a trash mob might even drop multiple legendaries.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/250/wizinf2.jpg

I understand where you are coming from about getting nothing (unrewarding time sink) because pre-1.0.5, I had around 525 hours logged between my monk and wizard (started playing on release day). Total amount of legendaries I got was 9, and 0 set items. 3 of those legendaries were lower level items and the rest were crap.

I started playing less and less during 1.0.4. When 1.0.5 dropped, played it for an hour and subsequently took a break which lasted 6 weeks. Came back at the tail end of November on my mule account to level a new character to 60 there before resuming play on this account in early December. The reason for the mule account is ironic. I used it to stash self-found gear for my DH and WD which weren't level 60 yet (also use it to store a whole bunch hardcore leveling gear). When I resumed playing, even the legendaries and sets that some folks were putting up on the AH for sub 100k, turned out to be a huge upgrade over the stashed rares that were decent in 1.0.3-1.0.4. Ended up vendoring most all of it. I'm now using it to store a collection of each type of legendary/set item that I find which aren't usable/sellable.

Digressing, I've logged only around 75 hours (softcore) in the last month but it has been far more fruitful than before (26 legs and 5 set items). This doesn't include the 20+ I found while leveling and then playing through Inferno on my mule (that one has around 32 hours logged play time). Sure, some folks get a lot more than that but compared to before, I'm ok with the rate. And sure, there are folks going through dry spells (the next time I hit one of those, I plan to take a break again). The quality of rolls is still an issue though especially if you have what is currently decent/above average gear. On the otherhand though, if you're gear is just currently average, you should eventually find even rares that will be an upgrade.
Reply Quote
Not at all, found +200m worth gloves in mp1 farming with a friend.
Edited by Andres#1853 on 1/5/2013 1:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
it depends:

all mf does is increase the quantiy of rares and quantity of legendaries.

but if 1 in 1000 legendaries are good, then obviously the more legendaries per day you get, the better.

if you can run mp10 as fast as you can run mp1, then obviously mp10 is the place to farm.

basically, EFFICIENCY matters.

so go to whichever mp that gives you more rares/hr. (which are just a proxy for legendaries per hour)
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/5/2013 1:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
MP11.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]